PDA

View Full Version : Model years for fishing rods??

Da Chief
October 16th, 2003, 09:02 PM
I took my pot money from last weekend up to BassPro on the north side of
Atl. I was going to buy the Allstar spinnerbait rod I've been eyeing. Dang
it! 65 miles round trip and there was only a few rods left on the rack, none
of them the SBR2. Seems BP put them on sale to clear the shelf. Of course
the price reduction was an "unadvertised sale". Word is they're making room
for the 2004 models which will be on the shelf before Christmas. I've never
heard of such a thing! :(
--
Shelby Foles,

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 16th, 2003, 11:10 PM
"Da Chief" > wrote in message
> I took my pot money from last weekend up to BassPro on the north side of
> Atl. I was going to buy the Allstar spinnerbait rod I've been eyeing. Dang
> it! 65 miles round trip and there was only a few rods left on the rack, none
> of them the SBR2. Seems BP put them on sale to clear the shelf. Of course
> the price reduction was an "unadvertised sale". Word is they're making room
> for the 2004 models which will be on the shelf before Christmas. I've never
> heard of such a thing! :(

Yep,

Often times, it's not much of a change. They might change the style of eyes or the thread colors,
other times it's more drastic, blank or handle changes. But there's definite model years.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Bob Gramza
October 17th, 2003, 05:23 AM
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "Da Chief" > wrote in message
> > I took my pot money from last weekend up to BassPro on the north side of
> > Atl. I was going to buy the Allstar spinnerbait rod I've been eyeing.
Dang
> > it! 65 miles round trip and there was only a few rods left on the rack,
none
> > of them the SBR2. Seems BP put them on sale to clear the shelf. Of
course
> > the price reduction was an "unadvertised sale". Word is they're making
room
> > for the 2004 models which will be on the shelf before Christmas. I've
never
> > heard of such a thing! :(
>
> Yep,
>
> Often times, it's not much of a change. They might change the style of
eyes or the thread colors,
> other times it's more drastic, blank or handle changes. But there's
definite model years.
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Galyan's did the same thing with Loomis rods. The graphics changed. I picked
up a few for half price.