PDA

View Full Version : lure action

Gone Angling
October 18th, 2003, 12:58 AM
I use either power pro or fireline. Is there a way that i can impart more
controlled action to the lure. Or alternatively free up the lure to have more
action. I was thinking of a leader or ball bearing swivel etc., There is a lad
here that consistently out fishes everyone due to lure retrieve. He isn't
talking...either.

RG
October 18th, 2003, 04:02 AM
To "free up the lure to have more action" you might try tying the
lures/jigs/worms etc. on with a loop knot. It seems to work for me.

re guy who "consistently outfishes everyone else"...

I fished next to a guy today who was pulling in one fish on every three
casts ( sal****er speckled trout, but still game fish). Three boats were
around him, casting into the very same small patch of water. None of us
were catching anything.

I watched him for a minute and realized that he was fishing MUCH slower,
and just lightly bouncing his jig on the bottom. I SLOWED way down and
almost "deadsticked" the jig. Soon, I was catching one fish every other
cast. He left after I seemed to be catching up with his numbers.

Maybe you could watch your guy a little more closely the next time out. I'll
bet it is something as simple as doing whatever he is doing.

RichG