PDA

View Full Version : OT - New Tournament Bass Talk

Craig
October 18th, 2003, 05:31 AM
Just created a totally noncommercial discussion site for the exclusive
purpose of talking about tournament fishing. I am extending you an
invitation to come join in, as I have in a number of other fishing forum to
get a good mix and a chance for you to meet more anglers with the same
interest.

--
Craig Baugher
Tournament Bass Talk

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 18th, 2003, 02:30 PM
"Craig" > wrote in message ...
> Just created a totally noncommercial discussion site for the exclusive
> purpose of talking about tournament fishing. I am extending you an
> invitation to come join in, as I have in a number of other fishing forum to
> get a good mix and a chance for you to meet more anglers with the same
> interest.

Craig, did you ever get that e-mail I sent you about demographics?
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Craig
October 18th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Yes! Did you get my response - contains some important info.

--
Craig Baugher
Tournament Bass Talk

Craig
October 18th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Steve, I tried to re-send it, but I keep getting a rejection.

--
Craig Baugher
Tournament Bass Talk

Carlos
October 19th, 2003, 04:57 AM
Isn't this something that can be done right here?

Carlos

Carlos
October 19th, 2003, 05:07 AM
I went and took a look at the site. Althought I like the choice of colors,
I found the standard text color hard to read. Maybe it's the size. As I
have gotten older I have needed my glasses more often. Seems I cannot get
away from them when things are dingy. If it's bright, like my newsreader
with the black on white, I can read that easier. I know this pair of
glasses is getting some age on them, almost 3.5 years, but your text was
just a little hard to see. I could feel the strain.

Carlos

Chuck Coger
October 19th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Actually the biggest selling point to a Forums/Boards communication
infrastructure is that you can control the participation and content.
For example when Al a.k.a JAJWUTH comes in, you can ban them from ever
coming back. You can also control the advertising, the profane content,
cross-posting etc.. all of those issues go away by using web based chat
forums/boards. The Admins and Moderators take care of that so not everyone
has a 10 gig killfile for all of the clowns we get in here. Sure it's more
work for the admins of a forums/boards but for the rest of the folks it
makes for a better time not filtering through the occasional garbage. Also
not everyone will participate in a newsgroup/usenet like this one simply
because your e-mail is harvested, sure you can try to hide it by putting
but they can obviously get around it if they want
to.

While it doesn't appear Craig has quite that level of control I more than
sure he can delete any garbage that someone puts up.

All my forums cost me is about 20 bucks a month for server space and a
little time so for the price the benefits are well worth it. I have often
wondered what keeps this group from moving to a forums based platform, most
of the issues we have had in here would have never occured on a web
platform.

just my $0.02

---
Chuck Coger