PDA

View Full Version : East Central Florida

Bill Kiene
October 18th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Hi All,

Just got back from my first trip visiting our grandkids who are now living
near Orlando, Florida.

I drove around exploring some fresh water bass fisheries and did see the
"Stick Marsh" and "Blue Cypress Lake". These are both popular bass fisheries
but they were both the color of a cup of black coffee so I was wondering if
there is some clear water bass fisheries in that area?

Thanks.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

Chuck Coger
October 18th, 2003, 08:06 PM
Most of our water is like that right now, even Walk-in-Water, Arbuckle and
Crooked Lake were all a little turbid last time I was on it a few weeks ago,
and they are usually very clear. Some lakes stay that way, I have never been
on Stick Marsh so I can't really speak to it. The only lakes that I saw that
were clear latley were well over an hour and half drive from where you were.
That would be Lake Placid and the surrounding lakes.

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

"Bill Kiene" > wrote in message
. com...
> Hi All,
>
> Just got back from my first trip visiting our grandkids who are now living
> near Orlando, Florida.
>
> I drove around exploring some fresh water bass fisheries and did see the
> "Stick Marsh" and "Blue Cypress Lake". These are both popular bass
fisheries
> but they were both the color of a cup of black coffee so I was wondering
if
> there is some clear water bass fisheries in that area?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Bill Kiene
>
> Kiene's Fly Shop
> Sacramento, CA
> www.kiene.com

Bill Kiene
October 20th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Thanks Chuck

Next time I am there I will visit that area.

I guess you had a wet summer in some aprts of FL?

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Chuck Coger" > wrote in message
m...
> Most of our water is like that right now, even Walk-in-Water, Arbuckle
and
> Crooked Lake were all a little turbid last time I was on it a few weeks
ago,
> and they are usually very clear. Some lakes stay that way, I have never
been
> on Stick Marsh so I can't really speak to it. The only lakes that I saw
that
> were clear latley were well over an hour and half drive from where you
were.
> That would be Lake Placid and the surrounding lakes.
>
> ---
> Chuck Coger
> http://www.fishin-pro.com
>

> "Bill Kiene" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Just got back from my first trip visiting our grandkids who are now
living
> > near Orlando, Florida.
> >
> > I drove around exploring some fresh water bass fisheries and did see the
> > "Stick Marsh" and "Blue Cypress Lake". These are both popular bass
> fisheries
> > but they were both the color of a cup of black coffee so I was
wondering
> if
> > there is some clear water bass fisheries in that area?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Bill Kiene
> >
> > Kiene's Fly Shop
> > Sacramento, CA
> > www.kiene.com

Chuck Coger
October 20th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Yea we had a lot of rain in Central Florida.. Almost too much and it sounds
like you were theere after they dumped the bigger lakes just incase that
Hurricane landed here.

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com