PDA

View Full Version : Red Drum

Bluebonnets
July 7th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Hello everyone,

I read this forum all the time, since I am relatively new to fishing....
love all the tips and advice.. thank you.

My question is, I am going to be trying my hand at some red drum freshwater
fishing. Currently, I use shrimp and worms to catch the smaller sized cats,
and I am wondering if anyone has advice on how to go after this fish. I am
still learning all the tips and techniques, and am a novice, so any help at
all is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Steph

Rodney
July 8th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Bluebonnets wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I read this forum all the time, since I am relatively new to fishing....
> love all the tips and advice.. thank you.
>
> My question is, I am going to be trying my hand at some red drum freshwater
> fishing. Currently, I use shrimp and worms to catch the smaller sized cats,
> and I am wondering if anyone has advice on how to go after this fish. I am
> still learning all the tips and techniques, and am a novice, so any help at
> all is greatly appreciated.

The only red drum I know of is the "salt water" Red Fish, but maybe in
some part of the country they have a fresh water red drum?

Now we have fresh water "red" carp

Fresh water drum (not the red ones) will hit just about anything, from
worms to minnows to shad, and cut bait

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Rodney
July 8th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Bluebonnets wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I read this forum all the time, since I am relatively new to fishing....
> love all the tips and advice.. thank you.
>
> My question is, I am going to be trying my hand at some red drum freshwater
> fishing. Currently, I use shrimp and worms to catch the smaller sized cats,
> and I am wondering if anyone has advice on how to go after this fish. I am
> still learning all the tips and techniques, and am a novice, so any help at
> all is greatly appreciated.

The only red drum I know of is the "salt water" Red Fish, but maybe in
some part of the country they have a fresh water red drum?

Now we have fresh water "red" carp

Fresh water drum (not the red ones) will hit just about anything, from
worms to minnows to shad, and cut bait

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Sarge
July 8th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Texas has some freshwater red fish areas

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/species/rdd/rdd.htm

Sarge

Sarge
July 8th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Texas has some freshwater red fish areas

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/species/rdd/rdd.htm

Sarge

Rodney
July 8th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Sarge wrote:

> Texas has some freshwater red fish areas
>
> http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/species/rdd/rdd.htm
>
> Sarge

WEll I learned somethin again,, it seams to happen nearly every day