PDA

View Full Version : better than carrots...

Dave Lane
July 8th, 2004, 10:26 AM
A report in the Grauniad yesterday suggests a novel way of
improving one's night vision, which may be of interest to the
sea trout fanatics.... apparently, researchers have shown
that Moroccan fisherman, out at night, can see much better after
getting through loads of Kif, a mixture of cannabis and tobacco.

Jamaican fisherman have reported a similar effect, whilst an
Observer columnist, taking the stuff medicinally, reported clearer
vision: "Only trouble was," she said, "I couldn't stand up."

Whether this will be useful to the sewin-chasers or not, I
really can't say. Downsides include having to rush off to the
24 hour shop for munchie replenishment at regular intervals,
losing a fish can become hysterically funny, whilst the bats
tend to grow to impossible sizes. One's casting can go to pot, also.

cheers all,

.... "Bother", said Pooh, as his bungie cord broke.

Andy Lawson
July 8th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Wasn't it Dave that wrote?:

> Whether this will be useful to the sewin-chasers or not, I
> really can't say. Downsides include having to rush off to the
> 24 hour shop for munchie replenishment at regular intervals,
> losing a fish can become hysterically funny, whilst the bats
> tend to grow to impossible sizes. One's casting can go to pot, also.

Are you sure the above isn't from personal experience? ;-)

--
Andy Lawson

Andy Lawson
July 8th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Wasn't it Dave that wrote?:

> Whether this will be useful to the sewin-chasers or not, I
> really can't say. Downsides include having to rush off to the
> 24 hour shop for munchie replenishment at regular intervals,
> losing a fish can become hysterically funny, whilst the bats
> tend to grow to impossible sizes. One's casting can go to pot, also.

Are you sure the above isn't from personal experience? ;-)

--
Andy Lawson

W. D. Grey
July 8th, 2004, 08:03 PM
In article >, Dave Lane
> writes
> One's casting can go to pot, also.

Nice pun Dave :-)

BTW I'll be at the Dol gam camp site this week end, that's about 1 km
towards Capel Curig from Ty Hyll (The Ugly House)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Alec Powell
July 9th, 2004, 09:03 AM
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
> a mixture of cannabis and tobacco.
What's cannabis ?
You'll have to fill me in on this one.
Alec
--
Alec and Valerie Powell Watlington Oxon. UK

Alternative email address:

Web Pages:
http://www.prole.demon.co.uk