PDA

View Full Version : Loading new line

Mike Keown
October 21st, 2003, 02:49 AM
I am returning to freshwater spin fishing after a decade
of absence. I want to put new line
on my Mitchell Garcia reel. If the reel's
retrieving spool rotates clockwise does that
mean that the feeding spool should rotate
in the same direction or counter clockwise?
I seem to recall that this eliminates line twist
Is this correct? Any tips or techniques would
be appreciated.
Mike

RGarri7470
October 21st, 2003, 03:02 AM
> am returning to freshwater spin fishing after a decade
>of absence. I want to put new line
>on my Mitchell Garcia reel. If the reel's
>retrieving spool rotates clockwise does that

If you are loading a spinning reel, the spool will not rotate, the bail will.
Lay the spool of line flat on the floor and make sure the line is coming off it
the same wayit is going onto the spool on the reel.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Ken
October 24th, 2003, 01:31 AM
Reel a few turns and if the line twists, flip the spool over and continue.

Halon