PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird international models

Tor Tveitane
November 3rd, 2003, 07:10 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately I have purchased a Humminbird fishfinder in the US without
knowing that on the US models the units were not configureable (I want
meters instead of feet, Celcius instead of Fahrenheit etc).

However all humminbird models also exists in international versions as well
(which are fully configureable). Does anybody here know what is the
difference? Firmware, or simply a jumper inside...?

Thanks for any tip on this issue

regards

Tor

Bob La Londe
November 4th, 2003, 02:15 PM
I personally dislike Humminbird for their marketing decisions. One I
thought was funyn as heck is their trade in program. I had a unit I was
unable to find a replacemnt transducer for. They offered me what sounded
like a great trade in for it if I bought a new Humminbird unit to replace
it. When I did a search on-line for pricing I found that I could buy it for
the same net price from dealers. That felt pretty shady to me.

I'm pretty sure all of my Garmin sounders are configurable. I have a 160,
and a 240 as trolling motor sounders, and a 168 GPS w/ sounder for the main
on my bass boat. They work great.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az