PDA

View Full Version : Gil's Baits

Jerry \NervisRek\ Barton
October 24th, 2003, 05:41 PM
For those of you that fish the junk, such as lilypads, I have to tell
you about Gil's new frogs. Warren (go bassn) sent me a couple of his
to try, and I have to tell you, they're the most realistic soft bait
I've ever seen. I just sent Gil an email to order more of these, and
it's a shame that he doesn't have them shown on his website, so that
everyone can see what I'm talking about. I love fishing the pads and I
can't wait to try these things, theyr'e awesome looking.

--
Jerry Barton
www.jerrys-world.com

go-bassn
October 24th, 2003, 08:17 PM
Those frogs are a perfect example of what you get in a quality hand-poured
plastic that you'll never see in a mass-produced bait. Gilbert is an
artist.

Warren

"Jerry "NervisRek" Barton" > wrote in message
> For those of you that fish the junk, such as lilypads, I have to tell
> you about Gil's new frogs. Warren (go bassn) sent me a couple of his
> to try, and I have to tell you, they're the most realistic soft bait
> I've ever seen. I just sent Gil an email to order more of these, and
> it's a shame that he doesn't have them shown on his website, so that
> everyone can see what I'm talking about. I love fishing the pads and I
> can't wait to try these things, theyr'e awesome looking.
>
> --
> Jerry Barton
> www.jerrys-world.com

Bob La Londe
October 24th, 2003, 11:57 PM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Those frogs are a perfect example of what you get in a quality hand-poured
> plastic that you'll never see in a mass-produced bait. Gilbert is an
> artist.
>
> Warren
>
> "Jerry "NervisRek" Barton" > wrote in message
> > For those of you that fish the junk, such as lilypads, I have to tell
> > you about Gil's new frogs. Warren (go bassn) sent me a couple of his
> > to try, and I have to tell you, they're the most realistic soft bait
> > I've ever seen. I just sent Gil an email to order more of these, and
> > it's a shame that he doesn't have them shown on his website, so that
> > everyone can see what I'm talking about. I love fishing the pads and I
> > can't wait to try these things, theyr'e awesome looking.
> >
> > --
> > Jerry Barton
> > www.jerrys-world.com

I have caught three or fish on the stick worms throwing follow ups so far,
but I haven't been able to use one for a primary strike yet.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

go-bassn
October 25th, 2003, 12:17 AM
How are you fishing it Bob?

WW

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > Those frogs are a perfect example of what you get in a quality
hand-poured
> > plastic that you'll never see in a mass-produced bait. Gilbert is an
> > artist.
> >
> > Warren
> >
> > "Jerry "NervisRek" Barton" > wrote in message
> > > For those of you that fish the junk, such as lilypads, I have to tell
> > > you about Gil's new frogs. Warren (go bassn) sent me a couple of his
> > > to try, and I have to tell you, they're the most realistic soft bait
> > > I've ever seen. I just sent Gil an email to order more of these, and
> > > it's a shame that he doesn't have them shown on his website, so that
> > > everyone can see what I'm talking about. I love fishing the pads and I
> > > can't wait to try these things, theyr'e awesome looking.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jerry Barton
> > > www.jerrys-world.com
> > >

> I have caught three or fish on the stick worms throwing follow ups so far,
> but I haven't been able to use one for a primary strike yet.
>

> --
> Bob La Londe
> Yuma, Az
> http://www.YumaBassMan.com
> Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
> Simply add it to our index page.
> No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

Bob La Londe
October 25th, 2003, 03:53 AM
I tried throwing it wacky rigged in or near weeds to get a strike whe faster
stuff wasn't working. I also threw it texas style with and without a weight
into heavy brush.

I have found that weightless either way works pretty good as a follow up to
a missed topwater strike.

--

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> How are you fishing it Bob?
>
> WW
>
> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > > Those frogs are a perfect example of what you get in a quality
> hand-poured
> > > plastic that you'll never see in a mass-produced bait. Gilbert is an
> > > artist.
> > >
> > > Warren

> > I have caught three or fish on the stick worms throwing follow ups so
far,
> > but I haven't been able to use one for a primary strike yet.
> >

> > --
> > Bob La Londe
> > Yuma, Az
> > http://www.YumaBassMan.com
> > Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
> > Simply add it to our index page.
> > No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

Craig
October 25th, 2003, 05:48 AM
My only question is why so few selections on Gil's site. The craw looks
like something I would throw. Those mud puppies are something I would try,
simply to see if the smallies in St. Clair or Erie would hit'em. The senko
style worm is also a try lure, just for comparison factors. Now does he
make a floating worm, a paddle worm, a ribbon tail worm and 3" grubs (single
tail, double tail, and skirted twin tail).

--
Craig Baugher