PDA

View Full Version : Transducer cable

Paul G. Mowrey
October 26th, 2003, 11:30 PM
The cable broke about 1/4" from the transducer on my Humminbird 200DX. Can
the cable be replaced, or are the cable and transducer one piece? Any
suggestions on discount priced accessories?

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 27th, 2003, 12:15 AM
"Paul G. Mowrey" > wrote in message ...
> The cable broke about 1/4" from the transducer on my Humminbird 200DX. Can
> the cable be replaced, or are the cable and transducer one piece? Any
> suggestions on discount priced accessories?

I know some people that have attempted repairs, but I don't know of anyone that's had the repair
last. Your best bet will be to replace the transducer/cable as a unit. You might be able to find
either a transducer & cable on eBay or you might be able to upgrade your locator for a reasonable
price. Something to consider...
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Dan Krueger
October 27th, 2003, 12:47 AM
I just checked my "spare parts". If you are looking for a transom mount
transducer, send me a private email with your address and I'll send one to you -
no charge.

Dan

Paul G. Mowrey wrote:
> The cable broke about 1/4" from the transducer on my Humminbird 200DX. Can
> the cable be replaced, or are the cable and transducer one piece? Any
> suggestions on discount priced accessories?

Dan Krueger
October 27th, 2003, 12:59 AM
I also have the mount if anyone needs that.

Dan

Dan Krueger wrote:
> I just checked my "spare parts". If you are looking for a transom mount
> transducer, send me a private email with your address and I'll send one
> to you - no charge.
>
> Dan
>

> Paul G. Mowrey wrote:
>
>> The cable broke about 1/4" from the transducer on my Humminbird
>> 200DX. Can
>> the cable be replaced, or are the cable and transducer one piece? Any
>> suggestions on discount priced accessories?

John Kerr
October 27th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Dan...you are one of the "good guys"! And this ng is full of em....glad
I stumbled across it a few months ago!
JK

Calif Bill
October 27th, 2003, 06:34 PM
"Paul G. Mowrey" > wrote in message
> The cable broke about 1/4" from the transducer on my Humminbird 200DX.
Can
> the cable be replaced, or are the cable and transducer one piece? Any
> suggestions on discount priced accessories?

I do not think a 1/4" from the ducer is fixable. Used to fix coax on radar
units all the time, but took more cable than that.
Bill

Dan Krueger
October 28th, 2003, 01:10 AM
And the power cord - cut at the hard wire side.

Dan Krueger wrote:

> I also have the mount if anyone needs that.
>
> Dan
>
> Dan Krueger wrote:
>
>> I just checked my "spare parts". If you are looking for a transom
>> mount transducer, send me a private email with your address and I'll
>> send one to you - no charge.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> Paul G. Mowrey wrote:
>>
>>> The cable broke about 1/4" from the transducer on my Humminbird
>>> 200DX. Can
>>> the cable be replaced, or are the cable and transducer one piece? Any
>>> suggestions on discount priced accessories?

Bob La Londe
October 28th, 2003, 01:27 AM
I repaired a transducer cable on the water earlier when fishing with Harold
Wah. It had a bad spot thatw as cracklingt when it got wet. We turned off
the unit and I cut it and carefully spliced each conductor. It worked for
the rest of the day, and Harold ordered a new transducer the next day.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

"Paul G. Mowrey" > wrote in message
> The cable broke about 1/4" from the transducer on my Humminbird 200DX.
Can
> the cable be replaced, or are the cable and transducer one piece? Any
> suggestions on discount priced accessories?

UMFCHRFISH
October 28th, 2003, 02:45 AM
>The cable broke about 1/4" from the transducer on my Humminbird 200DX. Can
>the cable be replaced, or are the cable and transducer one piece? Any
>suggestions on discount priced accessories?

Try giving Hummingbird a call or email them. I don't have the website address
but I think it is www.hummingbird.com

Harold "Howie" Range
911 Bass Anglers
Delaware Valley Outdoors