PDA

View Full Version : Caught 100 bass (S.O.T)

alwaysfishking
October 27th, 2003, 12:19 AM
Sea bass that is. My brother took me out on a private charter last Saturday
out of Belmar NJ. We must have had 800 bass between the ten people on board,
quite a few shorts but everyone came home with a cooler full. One thing I
did notice was the fact that most on board were holding the bass by it's
body when getting the hook out. I lipped everyone and avoided the nasty hand
associated with the full body grab. We also managed a few bluefish in the
10-12 lb range, Oh and the first fish of the day was subsequently ripped off
the hook by a giant bluefish, who was nice enough to leave me the head, It
was just nice hooking into fish all day long.

Randy

Richard Liebert
October 27th, 2003, 11:10 AM
The guys on the boat are used to bluefish. I once took a friend of mine
bluefishing for the first time. We had been smallmouth fishing for years
together, but he had never fished in salt water. He lipped the first blue he
caught, about a 4 pounder. He had to use his free hand to extract two
fingers already trapped in the bluefish's mouth. It was a bloody mess, no
kidding.

"alwaysfishking" <alwaysfishking@ nospam.epix.net> wrote in message
> Sea bass that is. My brother took me out on a private charter last
Saturday
> out of Belmar NJ. We must have had 800 bass between the ten people on
board,
> quite a few shorts but everyone came home with a cooler full. One thing I
> did notice was the fact that most on board were holding the bass by it's
> body when getting the hook out. I lipped everyone and avoided the nasty
hand
> associated with the full body grab. We also managed a few bluefish in the
> 10-12 lb range, Oh and the first fish of the day was subsequently ripped
off
> the hook by a giant bluefish, who was nice enough to leave me the head, It
> was just nice hooking into fish all day long.
>
> Randy

Rich Conley
October 28th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Hes lucky it wasnt one of those nice big 15-16 pounders....wouldnt of had any
fingers left.

Richard Liebert wrote:

> The guys on the boat are used to bluefish. I once took a friend of mine
> bluefishing for the first time. We had been smallmouth fishing for years
> together, but he had never fished in salt water. He lipped the first blue he
> caught, about a 4 pounder. He had to use his free hand to extract two
> fingers already trapped in the bluefish's mouth. It was a bloody mess, no
> kidding.
>
> "alwaysfishking" <alwaysfishking@ nospam.epix.net> wrote in message
> > Sea bass that is. My brother took me out on a private charter last
> Saturday
> > out of Belmar NJ. We must have had 800 bass between the ten people on
> board,
> > quite a few shorts but everyone came home with a cooler full. One thing I
> > did notice was the fact that most on board were holding the bass by it's
> > body when getting the hook out. I lipped everyone and avoided the nasty
> hand
> > associated with the full body grab. We also managed a few bluefish in the
> > 10-12 lb range, Oh and the first fish of the day was subsequently ripped
> off
> > the hook by a giant bluefish, who was nice enough to leave me the head, It
> > was just nice hooking into fish all day long.
> >
> > Randy

Josh
October 30th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Sounds like an awesome day Randy congrats !

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear