PDA

View Full Version : Re: Treifi fishing

W. D. Grey
July 19th, 2004, 04:15 PM
In article >, D.S.Wheeley
> writes
>Anyone know how the Treifi is fishing. Fished it 4 weeks ago not a thing.
>Spoke to someone who fished it all week. On worm, Spinning and Fly and not
>had a single fish.
>
>Has the fishing improved with all the recent rain??

Should this be the TEIFI ?

Where did you fish it? The upper reaches (Tregaron area) a few weeks
ago were fairly low water with a lot of aquatic plant life which could
make fly fishing a bit difficult.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

D.S.Wheeley
July 19th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Fished just outside Llandysul, not being from that area not sure where we
were with relation to the Tregaron area. 3 of us fished it all day not a
single thing. Yes it should have been the Teifi.

"D.S.Wheeley" > wrote in message
> Anyone know how the Treifi is fishing. Fished it 4 weeks ago not a thing.
> Spoke to someone who fished it all week. On worm, Spinning and Fly and not
> had a single fish.
>
> Has the fishing improved with all the recent rain??

james.willsden
July 19th, 2004, 10:01 PM
"D.S.Wheeley" > wrote in message
> Fished just outside Llandysul, not being from that area not sure where we
> were with relation to the Tregaron area. 3 of us fished it all day not a
> single thing. Yes it should have been the Teifi.
>
> "D.S.Wheeley" > wrote in message
> > Anyone know how the Treifi is fishing. Fished it 4 weeks ago not a
thing.
> > Spoke to someone who fished it all week. On worm, Spinning and Fly and
not
> > had a single fish.
> >
> > Has the fishing improved with all the recent rain??

Hi
Llandysul waters ok - later in season - september - best earlier stretches
owned by TTA. Have caught salmon & sea trout on fly when water has been low
and weather been hot and sunny in July .Below Cenarth to Llechryd in my
experience are good stretches. But only caught brown trout in small feeder
streams - Ceri & Cych.
Regards
Mike Willsden

W. D. Grey
July 19th, 2004, 10:40 PM
In article >, D.S.Wheeley
> writes
>Fished just outside Llandysul, not being from that area not sure where we
>were with relation to the Tregaron area. 3 of us fished it all day not a
>single thing. Yes it should have been the Teifi.

Well you were in the "heart" of the river and I'm surprised you blanked.

Never mind - try again some time.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk