PDA

View Full Version : Kicktail Lure?

J Buck
October 29th, 2003, 11:50 PM
anyone else see (or already know about) the Kicktail Lure that was in a
quarter page ad on the editorial page of USA Today on Wednesday 10/29?
It looks intriguing; otoh, it looks like it could be real gimmicky.

*********************************
Some men see things as they are and ask why? I see Grady Little not
pulling Pedro in the 8th and ask "what the hell is he doing?"

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 30th, 2003, 01:20 AM
"J Buck" > wrote in message
> anyone else see (or already know about) the Kicktail Lure that was in a
> quarter page ad on the editorial page of USA Today on Wednesday 10/29?
> It looks intriguing; otoh, it looks like it could be real gimmicky.

I've been seeing variations of this exact same lure for the past 10 years. Does it work? Yeah,
about the same as any other jointed crankbait will.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 30th, 2003, 02:13 AM
"J Buck" > wrote in message
> anyone else see (or already know about) the Kicktail Lure that was in a
> quarter page ad on the editorial page of USA Today on Wednesday 10/29?
> It looks intriguing; otoh, it looks like it could be real gimmicky.

Just another quick note. This revolutionary NEW lure was listed for sale in July of 2001 under the
same name and ad copy.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

J Buck
October 30th, 2003, 02:35 AM
<This revolutionary NEW lure was listed for sale in July of 2001 under
the same name and ad copy>

That's why advertising is such a sleazy, slimy business. Lucky for them,
'there's a sucker born every minute'.....

Thanks for the info

*********************************
Some men see things as they are and ask why? I see Grady Little not
pulling Pedro in the 8th and ask "what the hell is he doing?"

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 30th, 2003, 03:27 AM
"J Buck" > wrote in message
> <This revolutionary NEW lure was listed for sale in July of 2001 under
> the same name and ad copy>
>
> That's why advertising is such a sleazy, slimy business. Lucky for them,
> 'there's a sucker born every minute'.....

So I take it this means you're not going to be buying one? ;-)
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

J Buck
October 30th, 2003, 04:07 AM
<So I take it this means you're not going to be buying one? ;-)>

You got it, Steve LoL

*********************************
Some men see things as they are and ask why? I see Grady Little not
pulling Pedro in the 8th and ask "what the hell is he doing?"

RichZ
October 30th, 2003, 05:39 AM
First thing to realize is that this is the same marketing group that was
promoting the walking worm a couple years ago. In fact, it's basically the
same ad format. I thought this link was pretty interesting.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/onyourside/doesitwork/kicktail_lure.asp

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing