PDA

View Full Version : Alamo Lake

Bob La Londe
October 30th, 2003, 03:42 PM
On our road trip last weekend in addition to looking at the dust bowl were
Painted Rock Lake used to be we alos went by Alamo Lake.

I took some pictures. Even as low as it is its still a good size desert
lake. The view is not what I would call stunning or breath taking. It is
just one of those grand desert lakes. The view is very open. There was an
Arizona Anglers tournament going on, but I had the wife and kids along so I
didn't weight to watch their weigh in.

I chatted with a guy at the store a little bit. For those hwo like to fish
with minnows he said they keep a pretty good stock of live minnows on hand
all year including through the winter months. Woo hooo! I will be heading
back to try some winter crappie fishing now that I know I can get bait.

I've got to go do some service calls, but I'll post the picture on my
website later today. I'll post a message when I do.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az