PDA

View Full Version : There are FISH in the Mill Creek!

Garrison Hilliard
July 22nd, 2004, 09:32 PM
You know, I wouldn't have believed it... but there are actual living, breathing fish (carp and madtoms) in the Mill Creek, an
urban, "channelized" stream that runs through the heart of Cincinnati, Ohio, parrallel to I-75 and is rated one of the most polluted rivers in Ohio! Yep, I can testify myself
to seeing them as I bicycled across the bridge on Mill Creek Avenue (it runs from Beekman Avenue to Spring Grove Avenue) by the CSX station... and some of those carp were BIG!

mayor
July 28th, 2004, 11:08 PM
I used to think the creek was dead but it's full of carp. I wouldn't fish
there. It might not wash off your hands.