PDA

View Full Version : Weedless Spinner Baits

Mike Keown
November 1st, 2003, 03:14 AM
A lot of my fishing is done in very heavy
weeds. A spinner bait brings the fish out
but only after dozens of casts and cleaning
weeds from the hooks. They just aren't
hitting worm rigs like they did in the summer
but the spinners do get them interested.
Any tips or rig ups appreciated.
Mike

Bob La Londe
November 1st, 2003, 03:29 AM
"Mike Keown" > wrote in message
> A lot of my fishing is done in very heavy
> weeds. A spinner bait brings the fish out
> but only after dozens of casts and cleaning
> weeds from the hooks. They just aren't
> hitting worm rigs like they did in the summer
> but the spinners do get them interested.
> Any tips or rig ups appreciated.
> Mike

Are you burning it? If its topwater or near topwater type action there is a
weedless spoon with a paddle wheel I have seen used for fishing over heavy
weeds.

It makes noise like a buzz bait, ut it looks like a spoon. It doesn't
wobble like a spoon. It just glides over the surface and a paddle wheel in
the middle spins smacking the water.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Bob Rickard
November 1st, 2003, 04:06 AM
Most spinnerbaits clear hard obstructions such as logs, brush or rocks if
you keep them moving. Some spinnerbaits come through weeds better than
others, and some have swivels or whatever that slime-up less from muck than
others, but no spinnerbait is really weedless.

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

"Mike Keown" > wrote in message
> A lot of my fishing is done in very heavy
> weeds. A spinner bait brings the fish out
> but only after dozens of casts and cleaning
> weeds from the hooks. They just aren't
> hitting worm rigs like they did in the summer
> but the spinners do get them interested.
> Any tips or rig ups appreciated.
> Mike

Marty
November 1st, 2003, 05:50 AM
Bob La Londe > wrote in message
>If its topwater or near topwater type action there is a
> weedless spoon with a paddle wheel I have seen used for fishing over heavy
> weeds.
>
> It makes noise like a buzz bait, ut it looks like a spoon. It doesn't
> wobble like a spoon. It just glides over the surface and a paddle wheel
in
> the middle spins smacking the water.

Sounds like you're describing a Norman Weed Walker--I own a couple of them.

http://www.normanlures.com/nlstore/products.asp?CatID=1&SubCatID=10