PDA

View Full Version : I HATE Indian summer.

RichZ
November 1st, 2003, 05:42 PM
Over the past 30 years, the vast majority of the lousy fishing days I've
experienced in the late season were days just like today. Mid-70s or
higher, calm and mostly sunny.

And again today, the indian summer blues bit me on the posterior.

Half-Day Frank brought a bunch of chubs and we went out on Squantz, hoping
to have a blast with the smallies, and maybe pick up a walleye or two.

HA! Who was I kidding? I saw the weather report. Warm and calm. Not a
chance.

Anyway, I caught one little smallie on a 2-1/2" Fin-S Fish. Frank got one
on bait. He also got a LM about 3 pounds on the bait. I broke one fish off
on my 4 lb test. Never really got enough of a feel of it to know if it was
a good fish or not. I just hammered a bit too hard on the hook set.

Other than that, I had a very weird experience. As slow as it was, I
decided to trail a chub behind the boat with only the tiniest of split shot
a few feet ahead of it, as I fished along, casting the little fin-s. I
thought I saw the rod tip on the bait rod twitch, then do nothing for a
while. A while later, it twitched again. I reeled in my Fin-S and reached
for the bait rod, just as the tip really started to bend. I followed the
fish with the rod tip, letting it move off a good 4 or 5 feet before
setting up on it. This was the 8 pound test rod, so no real fear of busting
off. The rod doubled over and the fish pulled hard. I had it on for a few
minutes. The way it was fighting, I figured it was a big walleye. Then it
finally came toward the surface, and we got a look at it. Not a walleye.
BIG largemouth! Seven plus range. Then it was gone! And in its place, I had
about a 5" rock bass. Then the LM turned and grabbed the rock bass again!
This time, it didn't get as good a grip on it, and I didn't try to pull
hard on it. But a moment later, it let go of the panfish and was gone. I
reeled in the rocky. It was next to dead. My chub & hook were WAY down its
gullet. In fact, IT wasn't actually hooked. I pulled the hook and baitfish
straight out with no trouble.

All I can figure is that the 1st tap I saw was the rocky grabbing the chub,
and then it just swam along with the tension of the line. Then the rocky
went and got itself et up. But the hook was down inside the panfish, and
there was no way I could actually hook the bass. It was amazing I had it on
as long as I did with no hook in it, and even more amazing that it hit the
rock bass again, after I finally pulled it out of the bass's throat.

The rocky was, for all intents and purposes, dead. It flitted and fluttered
a bit on the surface until a seagull came along and put it out of its
misery.

I still hate indian summer.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Brad Coovert
November 1st, 2003, 09:52 PM
>finally came toward the surface, and we got a look at it. Not a walleye.
>BIG largemouth! Seven plus range. Then it was gone! And in its place, I had
>about a 5" rock bass.

I had a similar thing happen on Lake Shelbyville in Illinois. I hooked a big
bluegill on a 4" Senko off some riprap behoind a marina and reeled him in a few
feet. All of a sudden a big white flash came and grabbed the 'gill and took
off. Fought it for a while and saw it twice. It was a HUGE musky....first one
I had ever seen in person or ever hooked. Damn thing never really fought hard,
just kinda playd with my spinning tackle until he let go of the 'gill. I had a
lot of laughing onlookers after they sw me pull in that dead 'gill after having
a pulling drag and a bent rod.

Brad Coovert, 2003 Tournament Director, Greenfield Bassmasters
Please visit our sponsors:
http://www.geocities.com/greenfieldbass/WelcomeToOurSponsorPage.htm

Charles B. Summers
November 2nd, 2003, 03:40 AM
I'm hoping that this Indian summer will be different for me tomorrow.
Finally gooing to get my butt away from the house long enough to see what's
happening. Our temps suppose to be back in the 80's, and sunny and calm.

I'm dreading the coming of winter, but as long as I can get the boat safely
down the ramp and back... I'll hang in there. Until then, I'll take all the
Indian summers that ole Mother Nature wants to throw at me.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
"RichZ" > wrote in message
> [...]
> reeled in the rocky. It was next to dead. My chub & hook were WAY down its
> gullet. In fact, IT wasn't actually hooked. I pulled the hook and baitfish
> straight out with no trouble.
>
> All I can figure is that the 1st tap I saw was the rocky grabbing the
chub,
> and then it just swam along with the tension of the line. Then the rocky
> went and got itself et up. But the hook was down inside the panfish, and
> there was no way I could actually hook the bass. It was amazing I had it
on
> as long as I did with no hook in it, and even more amazing that it hit the
> rock bass again, after I finally pulled it out of the bass's throat.
>
> The rocky was, for all intents and purposes, dead. It flitted and
fluttered
> a bit on the surface until a seagull came along and put it out of its

Marty
November 2nd, 2003, 06:08 AM
Charles B. Summers (remove extra dot)> wrote in
message ...

> I'm dreading the coming of winter

Mr. S., you've got a set of balls posting that on a forum populated with
Yankees! :-) Or else you're just a sadist.

Charles B. Summers
November 2nd, 2003, 07:09 AM
Sorry Marty, and the rest of you Yanks too! How's the weather in your neck
of the woods?

--
"Marty" > wrote in message

> Charles B. Summers (remove extra dot)> wrote in
> message ...
>
> > I'm dreading the coming of winter
>
> Mr. S., you've got a set of balls posting that on a forum populated with
> Yankees! :-) Or else you're just a sadist.

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
November 3rd, 2003, 02:55 AM
"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote in message
> Sorry Marty, and the rest of you Yanks too! How's the weather in your neck
> of the woods?

Currently 36 degrees with rain, rain mixed with snow or snow in the forecast for the next 5 days.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Jim Laumann
November 3rd, 2003, 04:54 AM
Rich

Neat story.

Indian summer is long gone here. Now our highs are the low
to mid 40's - been cloudy and wet (drizzle - no real rain) the
last week. Enjoy your nice weather while you can.

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 12:42:23 EST, RichZ > wrote:

>Over the past 30 years, the vast majority of the lousy fishing days I've
>experienced in the late season were days just like today. Mid-70s or
>higher, calm and mostly sunny.
>
>And again today, the indian summer blues bit me on the posterior.
>
>Half-Day Frank brought a bunch of chubs and we went out on Squantz, hoping
>to have a blast with the smallies, and maybe pick up a walleye or two.
>
>HA! Who was I kidding? I saw the weather report. Warm and calm. Not a
>chance.
>
>Anyway, I caught one little smallie on a 2-1/2" Fin-S Fish. Frank got one
>on bait. He also got a LM about 3 pounds on the bait. I broke one fish off
>on my 4 lb test. Never really got enough of a feel of it to know if it was
>a good fish or not. I just hammered a bit too hard on the hook set.
>
>Other than that, I had a very weird experience. As slow as it was, I
>decided to trail a chub behind the boat with only the tiniest of split shot
>a few feet ahead of it, as I fished along, casting the little fin-s. I
>thought I saw the rod tip on the bait rod twitch, then do nothing for a
>while. A while later, it twitched again. I reeled in my Fin-S and reached
>for the bait rod, just as the tip really started to bend. I followed the
>fish with the rod tip, letting it move off a good 4 or 5 feet before
>setting up on it. This was the 8 pound test rod, so no real fear of busting
>off. The rod doubled over and the fish pulled hard. I had it on for a few
>minutes. The way it was fighting, I figured it was a big walleye. Then it
>finally came toward the surface, and we got a look at it. Not a walleye.
>BIG largemouth! Seven plus range. Then it was gone! And in its place, I had
>about a 5" rock bass. Then the LM turned and grabbed the rock bass again!
>This time, it didn't get as good a grip on it, and I didn't try to pull
>hard on it. But a moment later, it let go of the panfish and was gone. I
>reeled in the rocky. It was next to dead. My chub & hook were WAY down its
>gullet. In fact, IT wasn't actually hooked. I pulled the hook and baitfish
>straight out with no trouble.
>
>All I can figure is that the 1st tap I saw was the rocky grabbing the chub,
>and then it just swam along with the tension of the line. Then the rocky
>went and got itself et up. But the hook was down inside the panfish, and
>there was no way I could actually hook the bass. It was amazing I had it on
>as long as I did with no hook in it, and even more amazing that it hit the
>rock bass again, after I finally pulled it out of the bass's throat.
>
>The rocky was, for all intents and purposes, dead. It flitted and fluttered
>a bit on the surface until a seagull came along and put it out of its
>misery.
>
>I still hate indian summer.
>
>RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Jim

2003 R.O.F.B. NWC
Largest Non Bass Trophy Winner

Marty
November 3rd, 2003, 05:53 AM
Charles B. Summers (remove extra dot)> wrote in
message ...
> Sorry Marty, and the rest of you Yanks too! How's the weather in your neck
> of the woods?

Apology accepted, not too cold yet (low 50s), rain every day, by Friday
we'll be lucky to hit 40 and the dreaded "S" word is in the forecast.

Huck Palmatier
November 3rd, 2003, 09:43 AM
S.E. VA...air temp high 70's water in the mid 60's....pads & grass still
alive and they're still on the buzzbait. said Huck

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message > Sorry Marty, and the rest of you
Yanks too! How's the weather in your neck
of the woods?

alwaysfishking
November 3rd, 2003, 11:30 AM
Here Here, bring on winter, it's the fastest route to spring, Harry came up
yesterday and we hit the lake, total for us for the 1/2 day, 1 bass, 1
pickerel,1 aggressive crappie, temp was in low 60's, very unusual up here
this time of year.
"Jim Laumann" > wrote in message

> [...]
> >gullet. In fact, IT wasn't actually hooked. I pulled the hook and
baitfish
> >straight out with no trouble.
> >
> >All I can figure is that the 1st tap I saw was the rocky grabbing the
chub,
> >and then it just swam along with the tension of the line. Then the rocky
> >went and got itself et up. But the hook was down inside the panfish, and
> >there was no way I could actually hook the bass. It was amazing I had it
on
> >as long as I did with no hook in it, and even more amazing that it hit
the
> >rock bass again, after I finally pulled it out of the bass's throat.
> >
> >The rocky was, for all intents and purposes, dead. It flitted and
fluttered
> >a bit on the surface until a seagull came along and put it out of its

Josh
November 3rd, 2003, 12:22 PM
Windy, wet and wet and windy with rain and wind in the forcast till Friday.
Other than that charles I hope it snows 15 inches in Nashville next week <g>

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Bob La Londe
November 3rd, 2003, 01:44 PM
Hiw about us westerners?

Highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s all week.

"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote in
message ...
> Sorry Marty, and the rest of you Yanks too! How's the weather in your neck
> of the woods?
>
> --
> Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> www.midtennclassic.org
> "Marty" > wrote in message
> >
> > Charles B. Summers (remove extra dot)> wrote
in
> > message ...
> >
> > > I'm dreading the coming of winter
> >
> > Mr. S., you've got a set of balls posting that on a forum populated with
> > Yankees! :-) Or else you're just a sadist.

kenneth blevins
November 3rd, 2003, 03:52 PM
As far as I'm concerned , winters only redeeming quality is collage
basketball.
got to support them " UK Wildcats". But as long as the weather is not
freezing and wet I'm fishing
Ken
"alwaysfishking" <alwaysfishking@ nospam.epix.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> > >straight out with no trouble.
> > >
> > >All I can figure is that the 1st tap I saw was the rocky grabbing the
> chub,
> > >and then it just swam along with the tension of the line. Then the
rocky
> > >went and got itself et up. But the hook was down inside the panfish,
and
> > >there was no way I could actually hook the bass. It was amazing I had
it
> on
> > >as long as I did with no hook in it, and even more amazing that it hit
> the
> > >rock bass again, after I finally pulled it out of the bass's throat.
> > >
> > >The rocky was, for all intents and purposes, dead. It flitted and
> fluttered
> > >a bit on the surface until a seagull came along and put it out of its

go-bassn
November 3rd, 2003, 06:53 PM
Rich buddy, put away those soft plastics. Start tossing cranks & jerkbaits
(hard) & you'll love Indian Summer days. It's all about reaction strikes
once the water gets in the 50's.

Warren

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> [...]
> reeled in the rocky. It was next to dead. My chub & hook were WAY down its
> gullet. In fact, IT wasn't actually hooked. I pulled the hook and baitfish
> straight out with no trouble.
>
> All I can figure is that the 1st tap I saw was the rocky grabbing the
chub,
> and then it just swam along with the tension of the line. Then the rocky
> went and got itself et up. But the hook was down inside the panfish, and
> there was no way I could actually hook the bass. It was amazing I had it
on
> as long as I did with no hook in it, and even more amazing that it hit the
> rock bass again, after I finally pulled it out of the bass's throat.
>
> The rocky was, for all intents and purposes, dead. It flitted and
fluttered
> a bit on the surface until a seagull came along and put it out of its

Calif Bill
November 3rd, 2003, 07:41 PM
"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> Hiw about us westerners?
>
> Highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s all week.
>

> "Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote
in
> message ...
> > Sorry Marty, and the rest of you Yanks too! How's the weather in your
neck
> > of the woods?
> >
> > --
> > Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
> > www.secretweaponlures.com
> > www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> > www.midtennclassic.org
> > "Marty" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > Charles B. Summers (remove extra dot)>
wrote
> in
> > > message ...

> > > Mr. S., you've got a set of balls posting that on a forum populated
with
> > > Yankees! :-) Or else you're just a sadist.

Dang, what happen to the warm weather? A week ago, 90 degrees at Oroville.
This weekend, rain and 50 degrees. hail on Friday that looked like snow,
and skiing at Boreal Ridge by Donner. But they have been making snow in the
Sierras. Maybe a SoCal trip in a week. Dentist this week prevents going to
Santa Monica to work on daughters house.
Bill

RichZ
November 3rd, 2003, 11:18 PM
Kenneth wrote:
> winters only redeeming quality is collage
> basketball.

Cool. I'm one of the biggest college b-ball junkies in the world. First
exhibition game for my preseason #1 ranked dogs is tonight.

Getting this back on topic, did you know that Jerry McNamara, starting
point guard for the defending national champions is an extremely avid bass
fisherman? He broke 8 pounds this summer (in PA). Said it was almost as
good a feeling as winning the NCAA championship.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
November 3rd, 2003, 11:34 PM
Go-bassn wrote:
> Start tossing cranks & jerkbaits

Actually, I felt like I spent WAY too m uch time with a crankbait in my
hand on Saturday.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

J Buck
November 4th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Live in Maine for 46 years and THEN tell me you hate Indian summer Lol

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
November 4th, 2003, 12:49 AM
I left Maine for good after the first winter I was home home from the Navy. All I miss is the fall show put on by the hard wood
trees! Bill P.

"J Buck" > wrote in message ...
Live in Maine for 46 years and THEN tell me you hate Indian summer Lol

J Buck
November 4th, 2003, 01:41 AM
<I left Maine for good after the first winter I was home home from the
Navy. =A0 All I miss is the fall show put on by the hard wood trees!>

<<Live in Maine for 46 years and THEN tell me you hate Indian summer

Eh...I've gotten used to the fall colors. No big deal. The only reason
for staying here is May, June, July, and most of August.

Charles B. Summers
November 4th, 2003, 01:53 AM
> Other than that charles I hope it snows 15 inches in Nashville next week
<g>
> --
> God Bless America
>
> Josh The Bad Bear

7 inches of snow last year completely shut Nashville down. They'd probably
have to call in the reserves if we had another inch. 15 inches would just
kill us.

BTW: They closed school one day last winter because snow was PREDICTED. Of
course, it didn't snow and the kids had a free day.

RichZ
November 4th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Charles wrote:
> They closed school one day last winter because snow was PREDICTED.

They do that around here all the time.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

J Buck
November 4th, 2003, 03:12 AM
<7 inches of snow last year completely shut Nashville down. They'd
probably have to call in the reserves if we had another inch. 15 inches
would just kill us.
BTW: They closed school one day last winter because snow was PREDICTED.
Of course, it didn't snow and the kids had a free day>

When I was a boy (Gawd, I feel old LoL)
it had to be a major blizzard for schools to be canceled. Now, for
whatever reason, they are canceled at the mere mention of 4 or 5 inches.
Whether superintendents or bus drivers don't want to be sued in case of
an accident, someone is making that call. So 'snow days' are used up by
the first of March and kids have to go to school til the middle of, or
3rd week of June.

RGarri7470
November 4th, 2003, 03:15 AM
>BTW: They closed school one day last winter because snow was PREDICTED. Of
>course, it didn't snow and the kids had a free day.

I was in charge of the school buses for a local rural system here for 14 years.
Would you send buses out with the chance of getting one loaded with kids stuck
or in a wreck? Or would you chance getting them to school and then not being
able to get them home? Our buses are not equipped for snow or ice.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

J Buck
November 4th, 2003, 03:51 AM
<I was in charge of the school buses for a local rural system here for
14 years. Would you send buses out with the chance of getting one loaded
with kids stuck or in a wreck? Or would you chance getting them to
school and then not being able to get them home? Our buses are not
equipped for snow or ice>

Totally understandable in a region/climate not able to deal with snow.

Joe
November 4th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Same here in South Dakota Steve. Time to catch up on the fishing magazines
in the hot tub. Joe Z
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote in
message
> Sorry Marty, and the rest of you Yanks too! How's the weather in your neck
> of the woods?

Currently 36 degrees with rain, rain mixed with snow or snow in the forecast
for the next 5 days.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
November 4th, 2003, 05:14 AM
"Joe" > wrote in message ...
> Same here in South Dakota Steve. Time to catch up on the fishing magazines
> in the hot tub. Joe Z

Where you at in So Dak Joe? My parents are from Mobridge, still have some family in that neck o the
prairie (can't call it neck of the woods, there's only two trees and the dogs are so thick around
them you can't get near the trees). You do any hunting out there? Man, I haven't been in South
Dakota since 1995.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Joe
November 4th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Corn Palace USA, Mitchell, SD. Pheasant hunting has been great. Opening
weekend we fished in the morning and hunted late afternoon. I don't plan on
storing the boat yet. Lake Sharpe smallies are an hour and half away on a
warm day yet. Joe Z.

"Joe" > wrote in message
> Same here in South Dakota Steve. Time to catch up on the fishing magazines
> in the hot tub. Joe Z

Where you at in So Dak Joe? My parents are from Mobridge, still have some
family in that neck o the
prairie (can't call it neck of the woods, there's only two trees and the
dogs are so thick around
them you can't get near the trees). You do any hunting out there? Man, I
haven't been in South
Dakota since 1995.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Josh
November 4th, 2003, 10:19 PM
I was there one day last winter, not sure of the timing. I think it was the
week between Christmas and New Years.. yep it was... and.. and.. they had
traffic alerts because. . . it MIGHT snow lol lol. We sure had a laugh at my
brother in law's expense on that one. But I do understand. If yer not used
to the stuff it can be pretty intimidating to drive in.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Josh
November 4th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Good Point Rg.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Rich Conley
November 5th, 2003, 06:13 PM
I'm from mass. Please dont associate me with the yankees.

Marty wrote:

> Charles B. Summers (remove extra dot)> wrote in
> message ...
>
> > I'm dreading the coming of winter
>
> Mr. S., you've got a set of balls posting that on a forum populated with
> Yankees! :-) Or else you're just a sadist.

J Buck
November 5th, 2003, 06:35 PM
<I'm from mass. Please dont associate me with the yankees>

Mainiac here. Likewise. Call us New Englanders, call us ANYthing but
yankees. LoL

Henry Hefner
November 5th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Guess I learn something every day. I'm a Texan and I was always told
that anyone north of the Red River was a Yankee

J Buck wrote:
> <I'm from mass. Please dont associate me with the yankees>
>
> Mainiac here. Likewise. Call us New Englanders, call us ANYthing but
> yankees. LoL

RichZ
November 6th, 2003, 01:01 AM
Henry wrote:
> I'm a Texan and I was always told
> that anyone north of the Red River was a Yankee

On the WORLD scale, all Americans are Yanks. On a national scale, all
northerners are yankees. On a northern US scale, all northeasterners are
yankees. On a new england scale, only the baseball team from NY and its
fans are Yankees.

Except for a pocket of western CT that's made up of virulent Yankee fans,
the rest of New England's baseball fans are Red sox fans. The yankees/sox
rivalry is easily the biggest and longest running rivalry in pro sports,
stemming from the no-no-nannette blunder that initiated the infamous 'curse
of the bambino'. The Yankees have usurped the work yankee and made most of
the rest of new england hate it.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

go-bassn
November 6th, 2003, 01:44 AM
Really, what crank were you throwing?

--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Go-bassn wrote:
> > Start tossing cranks & jerkbaits
> >

> Actually, I felt like I spent WAY too m uch time with a crankbait in my
> hand on Saturday.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

J Buck
November 6th, 2003, 02:54 AM
<Except for a pocket of western CT that's made up of virulent Yankee
fans, the rest of New England's baseball fans are Red sox fans. The
yankees/sox rivalry is easily the biggest and longest running rivalry in
pro sports, stemming from the no-no-nannette blunder that initiated the
infamous 'curse of the bambino'. The Yankees have usurped the work
yankee and made most of the rest of new england hate it.>

Couldn't have said it better myself, Rich.
Ok, maybe with a <little> more hatred and venom LoL

RichZ
November 6th, 2003, 04:37 AM
Go-bassn wrote:
> what crank were you throwing?

Some with a suspending shad rap, some with an ancient bone colored Rebel
Deep maxi R that used to be the cat's behind for squantz and candlewood
smallies in the fall.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Henry Hefner
November 6th, 2003, 02:41 PM
RichZ wrote:
> Henry wrote:
>
>>I'm a Texan and I was always told
>>that anyone north of the Red River was a Yankee
>>

> On the WORLD scale, all Americans are Yanks. On a national scale, all
> northerners are yankees. On a northern US scale, all northeasterners are
> yankees. On a new england scale, only the baseball team from NY and its
> fans are Yankees.

See, I'm still learning, I thought that on a world scale, there are
Texans, and everyone else. ;)

Rich Conley
November 19th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Yeah. Theres nothing more despised in new england than the yankees. You
cant even go to a patriots game without hearing a yankees suck chant.
And thats exactly the way I like it.

Go SOX!

Rich, Boston Born and Bred.

J Buck wrote:

> <I'm from mass. Please dont associate me with the yankees>
>
> Mainiac here. Likewise. Call us New Englanders, call us ANYthing but
> yankees. LoL

Rich Conley
November 19th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Your from Maine you said. Do much fishing at Sebago? Its kinda my
nemesis. Almost every year we go camping up there, and I never catch any
fish. Couple of small ones this year up in the rivers, but nothin
decent. Its just so weird being up in the Songo (about the bassiest
lookin piece of water you've ever seen...) and not being able to catch
anything. Did catch 3 3-4 lbers fishing around a marina one day though.

Rich

J Buck wrote:

> <You cant even go to a patriots game without hearing a yankees suck
> chant>
>
> It just has such a nice ring to it. Especially when chanted over and
> over LoL

RichZ
November 20th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Rich wrote:
> Its just so weird being up in the Songo (about the bassiest
> lookin piece of water you've ever seen...) and not being able to catch
> anything.

Think of the Songo as the Yankees. It sucks. All it's good for is a means
of getting to Long Lake, which is where the fishing is usually best up
there.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing