PDA

View Full Version : Tony Christian

RGarri7470
November 1st, 2003, 06:32 PM
I posted here a while back about a young fisherman from Georgia that won 5 BFLs
here in one year and I thought he would do good. I just posted the press
release from the Everstart Championship finishing up today. Here is the first
paragraph:

GALLATIN, Tenn. (Oct. 31, 2003) – On a tough day of fishing, Tony Christian
of Hull, Ga., caught three bass weighing 10 pounds, 11 ounces to lead the Pro
Division into Saturday’s final round of the $335,975 EverStart Series
Championship on Old Hickory Lake. Christian, an EverStart Series rookie who is
rapidly developing a reputation for catching big bass under pressure, won the
Wal-Mart Bass Fishing League All-American Championship on the Mobile-Tensaw
Delta in May and collected $100,000 after winning an incredible five of seven
BFL qualifying events. Christian also finished second in the EverStart Series
Eastern Division point standings anchored by a win on Lake Martin in February.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
November 2nd, 2003, 12:32 AM
Just posted the final results - Dick Schaffer won with 5 weighing 13 something.
Tony was second with four weighing 11 something.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

go-bassn
November 3rd, 2003, 06:56 PM
This is great news Ronnie - I can attest to the level of competition Tony is
defeating, very impressive.

Warren