PDA

View Full Version : Northumberland Fishing

james.willsden
July 25th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Hi
Usually fish Teifi, any info on B & B ideally with fishing on Cocquet, Aln
etc appreciated - have never fished these waters - ok for salmon, sea
trout - say late august, early september? - any info apprecioated.
Regards
Mike

Nick
July 26th, 2004, 09:51 AM
- And on Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:15:15 GMT, it was spake thus in > said in message "james.willsden" >:

> Hi
> Usually fish Teifi, any info on B & B ideally with fishing on Cocquet, Aln
> etc appreciated - have never fished these waters - ok for salmon, sea
> trout - say late august, early september? - any info apprecioated.
> Regards
> Mike

Can't help with the fishing Mike, haven't had the chance/money yet !

As to B&B, take a look at www.stilwell.co.uk from which we've never had a bad
one :)

We've stayed many times at www.callaly.alnwick.org.uk and it's fantastic !
--
Nick in Northallerton
Also nickw7coc on both Yahoo Messenger & on MSN Messenger

Nick
July 26th, 2004, 09:51 AM
- And on Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:15:15 GMT, it was spake thus in > said in message "james.willsden" >:

> Hi
> Usually fish Teifi, any info on B & B ideally with fishing on Cocquet, Aln
> etc appreciated - have never fished these waters - ok for salmon, sea
> trout - say late august, early september? - any info apprecioated.
> Regards
> Mike

Can't help with the fishing Mike, haven't had the chance/money yet !

As to B&B, take a look at www.stilwell.co.uk from which we've never had a bad
one :)

We've stayed many times at www.callaly.alnwick.org.uk and it's fantastic !
--
Nick in Northallerton
Also nickw7coc on both Yahoo Messenger & on MSN Messenger
And http://www.whelan.me.uk

Ian D
July 26th, 2004, 06:18 PM
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:15:15 GMT, "james.willsden"
> wrote:

>Hi
>Usually fish Teifi, any info on B & B ideally with fishing on Cocquet, Aln
>etc appreciated - have never fished these waters - ok for salmon, sea
>trout - say late august, early september? - any info apprecioated.

Might be worth ringing Murray Sports in Alnwick, if you can find a
number for them.
I think they have a B&B Farmhouse with fishing on the Coquet at
Wheldon Bridge.

The Anglers Arms there -Tel. 01665 570655 - also has a stretch of
water.

A bit further up, but the Till could be worth a look, although it's an
early river. Sea trout will be past their best, but salmon should be
fine. It has the advantage that if the rivers are out of sorts it's
not too far to Coldingham Loch, which is a superb still water fishery.

Accommodation (but no fishing) see http://www.hayfarm.co.uk/
This is located within the Ford and Etal Estate, which offers a
variety of beats on the Till. Contact the river keeper Brian Thompson,
01668 216223 for details.

Cheers
Ian D

Aquazur-Dra
July 27th, 2004, 10:46 PM
http://fromriverdale.users.btopenworld.com/fishing.html

http://fromriverdale.users.btopenworld.com/riverreport.html

http://www.lindisfarne.org.uk/accommodation.htm

http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/vg/fish.html

http://www.northumbrianrivers.co.uk/

http://www.northumbriananglersfed.co.uk/Prices.htm

¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
compliments Dave Armes
NB remove {nospam.} filter to reply
ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
james.willsden > wrote in message
> Hi
> Usually fish Teifi, any info on B & B ideally with fishing on Cocquet, Aln
> etc appreciated - have never fished these waters - ok for salmon, sea
> trout - say late august, early september? - any info apprecioated.
> Regards
> Mike

james.willsden
July 28th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Hi
Many thanks for info. - extremely useful - think I will head in that
direction - will let you know how I got on.
kind regards
Mike