PDA

View Full Version : Skeena Spring Salmon Report

Rivers North
July 25th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Springs are showing as we speak. The water finally cleaned up and dropped.
Four fish in three drops down with plugs. Biggest so far 68lbs. Gotta go
back out fishing again
"kings rule"

gord p
www.riversnorth.bc.ca

F t B
July 27th, 2004, 05:14 AM
"Rivers North" > wrote in message
> Springs are showing as we speak. The water finally cleaned up and
dropped.
> Four fish in three drops down with plugs. Biggest so far 68lbs. Gotta go
> back out fishing again
> "kings rule"
>
> gord p
> www.riversnorth.bc.ca

um...we call em chinooks or springs in Canada...

Shawn Philp
August 4th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Gord,
Where abouts in BC are you guys fishing out of? I am down here in
Washington and looking forward to this years Salmon season.

Shawn

"Rivers North" > wrote in message
> Springs are showing as we speak. The water finally cleaned up and
dropped.
> Four fish in three drops down with plugs. Biggest so far 68lbs. Gotta go
> back out fishing again
> "kings rule"
>
> gord p
> www.riversnorth.bc.ca

Shawn Philp
August 4th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Gord,
Where abouts in BC are you guys fishing out of? I am down here in
Washington and looking forward to this years Salmon season.

Shawn

"Rivers North" > wrote in message
> Springs are showing as we speak. The water finally cleaned up and
dropped.
> Four fish in three drops down with plugs. Biggest so far 68lbs. Gotta go
> back out fishing again
> "kings rule"
>
> gord p
> www.riversnorth.bc.ca

Joe Z
August 6th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Gord, without you I think this group would be about dead sometimes..
Keep posting! Joe Z.
"Rivers North" > wrote in message
Springs are showing as we speak. The water finally cleaned up and dropped.
Four fish in three drops down with plugs. Biggest so far 68lbs. Gotta go
back out fishing again
"kings rule"

gord p
www.riversnorth.bc.ca

Shawn Philp
August 10th, 2004, 12:25 AM
What area are you fishing in, not to try and figure out your secret spot
but I am in Washington and await the start of the fall run.

Shawn

"F t B" > wrote in message

> "Rivers North" > wrote in message
> > Springs are showing as we speak. The water finally cleaned up and
> dropped.
> > Four fish in three drops down with plugs. Biggest so far 68lbs. Gotta
go
> > back out fishing again
> > "kings rule"
> >
> > gord p
> > www.riversnorth.bc.ca
> >

> um...we call em chinooks or springs in Canada...

Joe Z
August 10th, 2004, 04:04 AM
Shawn,
Click on the link at the bottom of his post.
Joe Z.
"Shawn Philp" > wrote in message
What area are you fishing in, not to try and figure out your secret spot
but I am in Washington and await the start of the fall run.

gord p
> > www.riversnorth.bc.ca

Rivers North
August 11th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Sorry Shawn

I worked (fished) everyday until two days ago and then I slept until this
morning. Rivers North is stituated on the banks of the Skeena River in
Terrace B C. My boat is tied up to the dock in front of my place. The
Spring season is just ended and it was not the season we all thought it was
going to be. Commercial opening after Commercial opening, combined with
some Early High water made for tuff fishing. Everyone caught fish but not
the usual 7 to 10 fish days, usually 3 to 4 but some nice size torpedo's
were caught 68lbs was the biggest I saw up close. Just got home from Fly
fishing and the Skeena is full of early Coho and Sockeye and of course Pinks
with a nice early run Steelhead every now and then, just to scare the crap
outta ya! Chow 4 now Gord p Rivers North

[...]

August 11th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Gord,

Wow, seems like you are having a blast. I am down in the San Juan
Island and tried my luck yesterday off the beach. However, no luck as of
yet. I am sure they will be running here shortly, I was told the silver
should be coming in soon. I believe the pink season this year is almost
nothing as they say it is good only every other year. I will continue to
get my line wet as much as possible and keep everyone posted. I was looking
for a news group for Fishing in Washington but I guess the damn yank's don't
like to share their fishing stories. Thanks for the info and good to hear
from you again.

Shawn