PDA

View Full Version : Bass Book

Mike Keown
November 2nd, 2003, 11:23 PM
Gentlemen, I am re discovering my lost
love for freshwater fishing, especially going
after the immortal large mouth bass. Can any of you
recommend a book that covers bass fishing
from head to toe? I am looking for a
reference that I can thumb through years from
now and know that I am getting the
'straight skinny'. Thanks
Mike

Charles B. Summers
November 3rd, 2003, 12:13 AM
Here's a great start! www.rofb.net by many authors.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
"Mike Keown" > wrote in message
> Gentlemen, I am re discovering my lost
> love for freshwater fishing, especially going
> after the immortal large mouth bass. Can any of you
> recommend a book that covers bass fishing
> from head to toe? I am looking for a
> reference that I can thumb through years from
> now and know that I am getting the
> 'straight skinny'. Thanks
> Mike

Mike Keown
November 4th, 2003, 11:22 PM
"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote in
message ...
> Here's a great start! www.rofb.net by many authors.
>

> --
> Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> www.midtennclassic.org
Thank You Very Much Charles.
I shall check it out right after I send this post.
Mike

Evgenij Barsukov
November 6th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Mike Keown wrote:

> Gentlemen, I am re discovering my lost
> love for freshwater fishing, especially going
> after the immortal large mouth bass. Can any of you
> recommend a book that covers bass fishing
> from head to toe? I am looking for a
> reference that I can thumb through years from
> now and know that I am getting the
> 'straight skinny'. Thanks
> Mike

Talking about on-line resources, the biggest collection
of proffesional articles on bass fishing I know is here:

http://www.bassresource.com/features/features.html

Regards,
Evgenij

*science&fiction*free programs*fine art*phylosophy:
http://sudy_zhenja.tripod.com
----------remove hate_spam to answer--------------

Acee
November 7th, 2003, 01:31 AM
If you will note, Rich Zaleski posts on this group with some very
informative responses. He also has written some items in publications as
well as a book "Advanced Bass Techniques". From my observations I do not
believe you would go wrong looking into some of his articles, messages, or
his book. I had an opportunity to purchase his book, used, and just
received it today. I have only "thumbed" through it and it appears it would
give you the good aspect of the basics and/or the catch up you might like.

There also are some classics that have been printed, such as, "Large Mouth
Bass Patterns" Babe Winklemen; "Bass" Linders; "In Pursuit of Giant Bass"
Bill Murphy; "Big Bass Magic" Doug Hannon and "101 Bass Catching Secrets"
Roland Martin (has a lot of other "secrets" you do not need to waste time to
read also). Most of these are out of print so you will have to go to a used
book source.

Now , a question for Rich. I am having difficulty determining the edition I
have. After I bought it, I started looking for info (I do not like to shop)
on it and find there are, apparently, several editions or printings. This
one says copyrighted 1993, American Fishing Club. And in the bottom line,
under Printed in U.S.A., says 7 8 9. What edition status is it? I
assume it is a first edition, if so, how far is it from containing the
latest information? [I have opened up a chance for you to sell me a later
edition, but I am sure you are well aware of that. ;-) ]
Al Crumrine

"Evgenij Barsukov" > wrote in message
> Mike Keown wrote:
> >
> > Gentlemen, I am re discovering my lost
> > love for freshwater fishing, especially going
> > after the immortal large mouth bass. Can any of you
> > recommend a book that covers bass fishing
> > from head to toe? I am looking for a
> > reference that I can thumb through years from
> > now and know that I am getting the
> > 'straight skinny'. Thanks
> > Mike
>
> Talking about on-line resources, the biggest collection
> of proffesional articles on bass fishing I know is here:
>
> http://www.bassresource.com/features/features.html
>
> Regards,
> Evgenij
>
> --

> *science&fiction*free programs*fine art*phylosophy:
> http://sudy_zhenja.tripod.com
> ----------remove hate_spam to answer--------------

RichZ
November 7th, 2003, 01:57 AM
Al,

There have been several printing runs, but only one edition. The copies I
purchase today have exactly the same text (including typos) that the very
first ones did, 10 years ago. All the new info is in my as-yet-uncompleted
next book.<G>

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
November 7th, 2003, 02:01 AM
Al,

There have been several printing runs, but only one edition. The copies I
purchase today (and sell autographed copies of on my website, linked below,
hint-hint) have exactly the same text (including typos) that the very
first ones did, 10 years ago. Of course since it's not a technique oriented
book, but more about bass behavior patterns, the information in it isn't
really in danger of becoming outdated.

That doesn't mean that there's not more to say. Just that all the new info
is in my as-yet-uncompleted next book.<G>

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Acee
November 7th, 2003, 02:30 AM
Thanks Rich,
I was afraid I had let myself into biting on a bait that had a barbed hook
in it. I feel better.
Tis the season to do some work in the office. I will be keeping an eye out
for the results.
Al

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Al,
> There have been several printing runs, but only one edition. The copies I
> purchase today (and sell autographed copies of on my website, linked
below,
> hint-hint) >Snip
> That doesn't mean that there's not more to say. Just that all the new info
> is in my as-yet-uncompleted next book.<G>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Chuck Coger
November 7th, 2003, 05:02 AM
If your intrested in some movies get Homer Circle and Glen Lau in Big Mouth
and Big Mouth Forever. This video changed the way I fished. I was shocked to
see a bass completley inhale a crankbait, and Homer never even knew it.
There is loads of great info in the movies.

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

"Mike Keown" > wrote in message
> Gentlemen, I am re discovering my lost
> love for freshwater fishing, especially going
> after the immortal large mouth bass. Can any of you
> recommend a book that covers bass fishing
> from head to toe? I am looking for a
> reference that I can thumb through years from
> now and know that I am getting the
> 'straight skinny'. Thanks
> Mike

Mike Keown
November 14th, 2003, 01:53 PM
"Acee" > wrote in message
> If you will note, Rich Zaleski posts on this group with some very
> informative responses. He also has written some items in publications as
> well as a book "Advanced Bass Techniques". From my observations I do not
> believe you would go wrong looking into some of his articles, messages, or
> his book. I had an opportunity to purchase his book, used, and just
> received it today. I have only "thumbed" through it and it appears it
would
> give you the good aspect of the basics and/or the catch up you might like.
>
> There also are some classics that have been printed, such as, "Large Mouth
> Bass Patterns" Babe Winklemen; "Bass" Linders; "In Pursuit of Giant Bass"
> Bill Murphy; "Big Bass Magic" Doug Hannon and "101 Bass Catching Secrets"
> Roland Martin (has a lot of other "secrets" you do not need to waste time
> read also). Most of these are out of print so you will have to go to a
used
> book source.
>
> Now , a question for Rich. I am having difficulty determining the edition
> have. After I bought it, I started looking for info (I do not like to
shop)
> on it and find there are, apparently, several editions or printings. This
> one says copyrighted 1993, American Fishing Club. And in the bottom line,
> under Printed in U.S.A., says 7 8 9. What edition status is it? I
> assume it is a first edition, if so, how far is it from containing the
> latest information? [I have opened up a chance for you to sell me a later
> edition, but I am sure you are well aware of that. ;-) ]
> Al Crumrine
>
> "Evgenij Barsukov" > wrote in message
> > Mike Keown wrote:
> > >
> > > Gentlemen, I am re discovering my lost
> > > love for freshwater fishing, especially going
> > > after the immortal large mouth bass. Can any of you
> > > recommend a book that covers bass fishing
> > > from head to toe? I am looking for a
> > > reference that I can thumb through years from
> > > now and know that I am getting the
> > > 'straight skinny'. Thanks
> > > Mike
> >
> > Talking about on-line resources, the biggest collection
> > of proffesional articles on bass fishing I know is here:
> >
> > http://www.bassresource.com/features/features.html
> >
> > Regards,
> > Evgenij

Thank You both for your information. I am going to
review what Amazon.com has to offer in this area and
a visit to the bassresource.com provided me with a
wealth of useable data. Thanks Again!
Good Knots and Sharp Hooks
Mike