PDA

View Full Version : Upstate NY guiding: Want to catch a landlocked salmon?

StephenJ
November 6th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Hello,
There are about two weeks or less left of the good salmon fishing left
up here in the Adirondacks. I am trying to earn a couple extra bucks
for my family by offering a guiding service. I have found some
really nice wilderness lakes that hold nice populations of fish. I
just came back from 40 min of fishing during which I landed a 22"
salmon as well as loosing another. So far this year I have not gone
out salmon fishing without catching fish, the largest of which weighed
in at over 8 lbs. Here's what I have to offer:

-Guaranteed fish or another day free (or 50% refund)
-Lunch
-All gear carried in
-A beautiful Adirondack lake with a very easy 2 mile hike in
-Cleaning of any fish which you decide to keep
-Large stable 19' aluminium canoe guided by me to put you on the fish

What you need:

-Fishing rod (spin or fly)
-Fishing liscense
-Warm layered clothes
-The desire to catch a salmon

I have priced guides and the going rate is $250-$300 per day; and that
is for someone who doesnt carry in a canoe, doesnt provide lunch, and
doesnt provide any guarantee on fish. I am giong to provide all these
services for just $200.

Please contact me if you are interested. Time is limited, the fish
are starting to go into the winter patterns. Probably two weeks left.

Stephen Judice
Saranac Lake, NY

Scott Seidman
November 6th, 2003, 10:22 PM
(StephenJ) wrote in
om:

> Hello,
> There are about two weeks or less left of the good salmon fishing left
> up here in the Adirondacks. I am trying to earn a couple extra bucks
> for my family by offering a guiding service. I have found some
> really nice wilderness lakes that hold nice populations of fish. I
> just came back from 40 min of fishing during which I landed a 22"
> salmon as well as loosing another. So far this year I have not gone
> out salmon fishing without catching fish, the largest of which weighed
> in at over 8 lbs. Here's what I have to offer:
>
> -Guaranteed fish or another day free (or 50% refund)
> -Lunch
> -All gear carried in
> -A beautiful Adirondack lake with a very easy 2 mile hike in
> -Cleaning of any fish which you decide to keep
> -Large stable 19' aluminium canoe guided by me to put you on the fish
>
> What you need:
>
> -Fishing rod (spin or fly)
> -Fishing liscense
> -Warm layered clothes
> -The desire to catch a salmon
>
> I have priced guides and the going rate is $250-$300 per day; and that
> is for someone who doesnt carry in a canoe, doesnt provide lunch, and
> doesnt provide any guarantee on fish. I am giong to provide all these
> services for just $200.
>
> Please contact me if you are interested. Time is limited, the fish
> are starting to go into the winter patterns. Probably two weeks left.
>
> Stephen Judice
> Saranac Lake, NY

Careful--

NY is one of those states where you're not allowed to just hang up a sign
and call yourself a guide. Guides must be licensed, and to have a
license you need to demonstrate certain things. I think insurance and
some first aid knowledge are necessary.

Scott

Outdoors Magazine
November 6th, 2003, 10:32 PM
You need to take an exam ... NYS DEC ... I have my license ... if you want
more info I will put out my file and look up the numbers, etc.

You don't want the violation ... I believe it is a dandy, beside the lawsuit
you will get if someone gets hurt.

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine