PDA

View Full Version : Got 2 LM yest-Wind Direction?

Suthern Transplant
November 3rd, 2003, 10:54 PM
Hi all,

I went out yesterday by myself for 4 hours. Light SW breeze, sunny 70's,
small lake near my home in southern Illinois. (Silver Lake) Picked up 1st
(3-1/2 lb) on the west side of the lake which was close to weedline on a
chartreuse & white spinnerbait. Next one some 1-1/2 hrs later on a log on sw
side of lake (3 lbs) on a jointed floating minnow blue/chrome.
Nice day, 2 nice fish.
Question to group: Has anyone noticed if the wind direction has any
influence on their catch rate?
I spent 22 years fishing in the Atchafalaya basin in Louisiana. Wind
direction down there was a huge factor in catch rate. I feel the primary
reason was/is due to the tide/water level influence the wind direction has
on such a shallow fishery. (avg. depth in the basin is 5' to 6'.
Just curious if wind direction plays any role (decisions you make) in lake
fishing or whatever body of water you are reading?

Suthern Transplant
"I wish I was in Dixie"

Steve A
November 5th, 2003, 03:24 PM
I don't know why but the old adage, the wind out of the east, the fish bite the
least, has always seemed true for me.
buckeye bassin

Josh
November 5th, 2003, 07:04 PM
me too Steve. . . east or North east seems to beat em dead when I'm fishin.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear