PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening 'ound Oz?

Lindsay
July 30th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Tuna at Narooma?

Snapper in SA?

Port Phillip is dead as far as I have heard...
Still, 3 months to go and the snapper should be on the go...

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

"Every dog does have his day and given our championship position,
we can take much bigger risks because it won't affect our
championship position" Mark Skaife, Chief Sook, HRT. 22/05/04

'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN

David Barwell
July 31st, 2004, 10:19 AM
Best mackerel season for many, many years here in the Whitsunday area.

"Lindsay" > wrote in message

> Tuna at Narooma?
>
> Snapper in SA?
>
> Port Phillip is dead as far as I have heard...
> Still, 3 months to go and the snapper should be on the go...
>

> --
> Scrap the 00 to post direct.
>
> "Every dog does have his day and given our championship position,
> we can take much bigger risks because it won't affect our
> championship position" Mark Skaife, Chief Sook, HRT. 22/05/04
>
> 'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN

Lindsay
August 3rd, 2004, 08:23 AM
David Barwell wrote:

> Best mackerel season for many, many years here in the Whitsunday area.

Any size? I presume you mean Spanish Macks?

Regards

Lindsay

--

David Barwell wrote:

> Best mackerel season for many, many years here in the Whitsunday area.

Any size? I presume you mean Spanish Macks?

Regards

Lindsay

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

"Every dog does have his day and given our championship position,
we can take much bigger risks because it won't affect our
championship position" Mark Skaife, Chief Sook, HRT. 22/05/04

'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN

Peter Mance
August 5th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Sydney harbour seems to be overrun with Port Jackson sharks at present.
I got about a dozen at two spots near North Head on the weekend.

Let the lot go.

"Lindsay" > wrote in message

> David Barwell wrote:
> >
> > Best mackerel season for many, many years here in the Whitsunday area.
>
> Any size? I presume you mean Spanish Macks?
>

> Regards
>
> Lindsay
>
> --
> Scrap the 00 to post direct.
>
> "Every dog does have his day and given our championship position,
> we can take much bigger risks because it won't affect our
> championship position" Mark Skaife, Chief Sook, HRT. 22/05/04
>
> 'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN

Steve Paris
August 5th, 2004, 09:56 PM
"Peter Mance" > wrote in message
> Sydney harbour seems to be overrun with Port Jackson sharks at present.
> I got about a dozen at two spots near North Head on the weekend.
>
> Let the lot go.

Cairns Qld. Coastal rivers are starting to fire up again after our '4 week'
winter. Temps are on the rise and fishing should only get better as the
mercury rises. Plenty of Trevally and Sickle fish around the Inlet, as well
as some monster Threadfin Salmon. I was spooled last weekend by a 10kg plus
Threadfin, had no hope of stopping it, even with 8kg. Ten minutes later I
had a 5/O hook totally straightened by what I think was either a BIG GT or a
monster Barra. Only saw it's dorsal fin and back lunge out of the water
while it was thrashing around 50 metres from the boat.

--
Steve Paris L/S
Tropical Cairns Nth Queensland

jabsy
August 11th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Darwin Harbour is hot and cold, a few smallish barra around the place,
looking promising for when the water warms up. The mud crabs are fussy, most
that went out last sunday only got one each, while a couple of weeks aho
7-12 was an average. Reef fishing has also been quiet so far.

"Steve Paris" > wrote in message
> "Peter Mance" > wrote in message
> > Sydney harbour seems to be overrun with Port Jackson sharks at present.
> > I got about a dozen at two spots near North Head on the weekend.
> >
> > Let the lot go.
> >

> Cairns Qld. Coastal rivers are starting to fire up again after our '4
week'
> winter. Temps are on the rise and fishing should only get better as the
> mercury rises. Plenty of Trevally and Sickle fish around the Inlet, as
well
> as some monster Threadfin Salmon. I was spooled last weekend by a 10kg
plus
> Threadfin, had no hope of stopping it, even with 8kg. Ten minutes later I
> had a 5/O hook totally straightened by what I think was either a BIG GT or
> monster Barra. Only saw it's dorsal fin and back lunge out of the water
> while it was thrashing around 50 metres from the boat.
>
> --
> Steve Paris L/S
> Tropical Cairns Nth Queensland
> Australia.

AHCHouseboats
August 14th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Big brown trout are in numbers at Lake Eildon with the rain and the water
rising there have been several over 10lb on the old scale caught recently
most though are in the 1 to 3 pound bracket

--
Ahoy High Country Houseboats
Heaven in the High Country

"jabsy" > wrote in message
> Darwin Harbour is hot and cold, a few smallish barra around the place,
> looking promising for when the water warms up. The mud crabs are fussy,
most
> that went out last sunday only got one each, while a couple of weeks aho
> 7-12 was an average. Reef fishing has also been quiet so far.
>

> "Steve Paris" > wrote in message
> > "Peter Mance" > wrote in message
> > > Sydney harbour seems to be overrun with Port Jackson sharks at
present.
> > > I got about a dozen at two spots near North Head on the weekend.
> > >
> > > Let the lot go.
> > >

> > Cairns Qld. Coastal rivers are starting to fire up again after our '4
> week'
> > winter. Temps are on the rise and fishing should only get better as the
> > mercury rises. Plenty of Trevally and Sickle fish around the Inlet, as
> well
> > as some monster Threadfin Salmon. I was spooled last weekend by a 10kg
> plus
> > Threadfin, had no hope of stopping it, even with 8kg. Ten minutes later
> > had a 5/O hook totally straightened by what I think was either a BIG GT
or
> > monster Barra. Only saw it's dorsal fin and back lunge out of the water
> > while it was thrashing around 50 metres from the boat.
> >
> > --
> > Steve Paris L/S
> > Tropical Cairns Nth Queensland
> > Australia.

Norman Lever
August 14th, 2004, 12:55 PM
What part of the lake?
What bait?
Is there a good spot for shore-fishing?

"AHCHouseboats" > wrote in message
> [...]

> present.

> > > Cairns Qld. Coastal rivers are starting to fire up again after our '4
> > week'
> > > winter. Temps are on the rise and fishing should only get better as
the
> > > mercury rises. Plenty of Trevally and Sickle fish around the Inlet, as
> > well
> > > as some monster Threadfin Salmon. I was spooled last weekend by a 10kg
> > plus
> > > Threadfin, had no hope of stopping it, even with 8kg. Ten minutes
later
> > > had a 5/O hook totally straightened by what I think was either a BIG
GT
> or
> > > monster Barra. Only saw it's dorsal fin and back lunge out of the
water
> > > while it was thrashing around 50 metres from the boat.

AHCHouseboats
August 16th, 2004, 12:40 PM
The big ones have come out of the big river arm. I don't know what they were
caught on as the reports have been second hand by the time I got them. The
area around the boat ramps at Goughs Bay has been consistently producing
trout to 1.5kg from the bank on scrubbies in recent weeks

--

"Norman Lever" > wrote in message
> What part of the lake?
> What bait?
> Is there a good spot for shore-fishing?
>

> "AHCHouseboats" > wrote in message
> > Big brown trout are in numbers at Lake Eildon with the rain and the
water
> > rising there have been several over 10lb on the old scale caught
recently
> > most though are in the 1 to 3 pound bracket
> >
> > --
> > Ahoy High Country Houseboats
> > Heaven in the High Country
> > www.ahch.com.au
> >
> > "jabsy" > wrote in message
> > > Darwin Harbour is hot and cold, a few smallish barra around the place,
> > > looking promising for when the water warms up. The mud crabs are
fussy,
> > most
> > > that went out last sunday only got one each, while a couple of weeks
aho
> > > 7-12 was an average. Reef fishing has also been quiet so far.

> > present.

> > > week'
> the
> > > well
> > > plus
> later
> GT
> > or
> water

Norman Lever
August 17th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Looks like it might be worth the drive from suburban Melbourne!

Thanks for the tip.

How's the water level looking at the moment? Is it being improved by the
rain, or will you have to wait till the snow melts to see if this year will
be better?

> [...]

were
> caught on as the reports have been second hand by the time I got them. The
> area around the boat ramps at Goughs Bay has been consistently producing
> trout to 1.5kg from the bank on scrubbies in recent weeks
>
> --
> Ahoy High Country Houseboats
> Heaven in the High Country
> www.ahch.com.au
>
> "Norman Lever" > wrote in message
> > What part of the lake?
> > What bait?
> > Is there a good spot for shore-fishing?
> >

> > "AHCHouseboats" > wrote in message
> > > Big brown trout are in numbers at Lake Eildon with the rain and the
> water
> > > rising there have been several over 10lb on the old scale caught
> recently
> > > most though are in the 1 to 3 pound bracket

AHCHouseboats
August 19th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Water level is rising fast and we look like having a bumper season this year
We hit 30% yesterday which is considerably higher than it has been this time
for the last several years. The lake is rising between 15 and 35 cm per day
and we should reach over 50% for the season for the first time in ages. The
snow season has been icredible so when that melts we will have an extra
boost as well. At 30% Lake Eildon is about 3 or 4 times the size of Sydney
harbour with a coast line a little larger than Port Phillip bay so there is
heaps of water to fish and ski or cruise as you please.

--
> [...]

Ahoy High Country Houseboats
Heaven in the High Country
www.ahch.com.au

"Norman Lever" > wrote in message
> Looks like it might be worth the drive from suburban Melbourne!
>
> Thanks for the tip.
>
> How's the water level looking at the moment? Is it being improved by the
> rain, or will you have to wait till the snow melts to see if this year
will
> be better?
>

> "AHCHouseboats" > wrote in message
> >
> > The big ones have come out of the big river arm. I don't know what they
> were
> > caught on as the reports have been second hand by the time I got them.
The
> > area around the boat ramps at Goughs Bay has been consistently producing
> > trout to 1.5kg from the bank on scrubbies in recent weeks

Lindsay
August 20th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Lindsay wrote:

> Tuna at Narooma?
>
> Snapper in SA?

My brother in Perth is reporting Spanish Mackeral to 30 KG(!)
around Exmouth.

Looking forward to a feed...