PDA

View Full Version : Standings

alwaysfishking
August 1st, 2004, 12:41 AM

22. Russ Lane
22. Michael Iaconelli
24. Jay Yelas
25. Kevin Wirth

Christopher P. Cericola
August 1st, 2004, 01:56 AM
"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
< 22. Michael Iaconelli >

Wow, last I saw he was in 23rd(which I think is what you met) with little
hope of making top 25. Guess he's disappointed he can't hawk his CD's now?

Christopher

John C. French
August 1st, 2004, 03:17 AM
"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...
> < 22. Michael Iaconelli >
>
> Wow, last I saw he was in 23rd(which I think is what you met) with little
> hope of making top 25. Guess he's disappointed he can't hawk his CD's
now?

> Christopher

It almost seems as if his "misunderstanding" was intentional, so he could
sell his CDs. After all, he said he only had one fish, so his actual loss
was about 9 oz. Better to be DQ'd than outfished. But due to small totals at
the weigh in, he is still in it.

John C. French
August 1st, 2004, 03:17 AM
"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...
> < 22. Michael Iaconelli >
>
> Wow, last I saw he was in 23rd(which I think is what you met) with little
> hope of making top 25. Guess he's disappointed he can't hawk his CD's
now?

> Christopher

It almost seems as if his "misunderstanding" was intentional, so he could
sell his CDs. After all, he said he only had one fish, so his actual loss
was about 9 oz. Better to be DQ'd than outfished. But due to small totals at
the weigh in, he is still in it.

Thundercat
August 1st, 2004, 06:49 AM
On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:17:35 -0400, "John C. French"
> wrote:

>"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...
>> < 22. Michael Iaconelli >
>>
>> Wow, last I saw he was in 23rd(which I think is what you met) with little
>> hope of making top 25. Guess he's disappointed he can't hawk his CD's
>now?
>>
>> Christopher
>>

>It almost seems as if his "misunderstanding" was intentional, so he could
>sell his CDs. After all, he said he only had one fish, so his actual loss
>was about 9 oz. Better to be DQ'd than outfished. But due to small totals at
>the weigh in, he is still in it.

I emailed this response by accident. Here it is for the group to see.
My bad...

I'm assuming you guys never met Mike. If you don't think he wanted to
weigh that fish, you are insane. I understand not liking his
flamboyant and brash style but implying that he would throw away his
catch for appearance sake is outrageous.

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Thundercat
August 1st, 2004, 06:49 AM
On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:17:35 -0400, "John C. French"
> wrote:

>"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...
>> < 22. Michael Iaconelli >
>>
>> Wow, last I saw he was in 23rd(which I think is what you met) with little
>> hope of making top 25. Guess he's disappointed he can't hawk his CD's
>now?
>>
>> Christopher
>>

>It almost seems as if his "misunderstanding" was intentional, so he could
>sell his CDs. After all, he said he only had one fish, so his actual loss
>was about 9 oz. Better to be DQ'd than outfished. But due to small totals at
>the weigh in, he is still in it.

I emailed this response by accident. Here it is for the group to see.
My bad...

I'm assuming you guys never met Mike. If you don't think he wanted to
weigh that fish, you are insane. I understand not liking his
flamboyant and brash style but implying that he would throw away his
catch for appearance sake is outrageous.

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

John C. French
August 1st, 2004, 10:30 AM
"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:17:35 -0400, "John C. French"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in
message
> groups.com...
> >> < 22. Michael Iaconelli >
> >>
> >> Wow, last I saw he was in 23rd(which I think is what you met) with
little
> >> hope of making top 25. Guess he's disappointed he can't hawk his CD's
> >now?
> >>
> >> Christopher
> >>

> >It almost seems as if his "misunderstanding" was intentional, so he could
> >sell his CDs. After all, he said he only had one fish, so his actual loss
> >was about 9 oz. Better to be DQ'd than outfished. But due to small totals
at
> >the weigh in, he is still in it.
> >
> I emailed this response by accident. Here it is for the group to see.
> My bad...
>
> I'm assuming you guys never met Mike. If you don't think he wanted to
> weigh that fish, you are insane. I understand not liking his
> flamboyant and brash style but implying that he would throw away his
> catch for appearance sake is outrageous.
>

> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

You are right, I have never met him, but I do actually like him. He is the
the Happy Gilmore of BASS Fishing. It was just a thought, as that is how it
seemed to me after watching most of the ESPN coverage yesterday (Thanks
TiVo). He had a small fish, severely weakening his chances for a win on Day
3. He called the tourney director for confirmation of the OB area, and
proceeded to fish there. Honest mistake? Quite possibly. But without a big
stringer today, he would have made more money 'Going to the Show' as he put
it.

John C. French

John C. French
August 1st, 2004, 10:30 AM
"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:17:35 -0400, "John C. French"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in
message
> groups.com...
> >> < 22. Michael Iaconelli >
> >>
> >> Wow, last I saw he was in 23rd(which I think is what you met) with
little
> >> hope of making top 25. Guess he's disappointed he can't hawk his CD's
> >now?
> >>
> >> Christopher
> >>

> >It almost seems as if his "misunderstanding" was intentional, so he could
> >sell his CDs. After all, he said he only had one fish, so his actual loss
> >was about 9 oz. Better to be DQ'd than outfished. But due to small totals
at
> >the weigh in, he is still in it.
> >
> I emailed this response by accident. Here it is for the group to see.
> My bad...
>
> I'm assuming you guys never met Mike. If you don't think he wanted to
> weigh that fish, you are insane. I understand not liking his
> flamboyant and brash style but implying that he would throw away his
> catch for appearance sake is outrageous.
>

> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

You are right, I have never met him, but I do actually like him. He is the
the Happy Gilmore of BASS Fishing. It was just a thought, as that is how it
seemed to me after watching most of the ESPN coverage yesterday (Thanks
TiVo). He had a small fish, severely weakening his chances for a win on Day
3. He called the tourney director for confirmation of the OB area, and
proceeded to fish there. Honest mistake? Quite possibly. But without a big
stringer today, he would have made more money 'Going to the Show' as he put
it.

John C. French

AJH
August 1st, 2004, 12:33 PM
What catch? one small dead bass, some thing is funny here.The T Director
said he explained the off limits area and was surprised Mike didn't
understand it.

AJH
August 1st, 2004, 12:33 PM
What catch? one small dead bass, some thing is funny here.The T Director
said he explained the off limits area and was surprised Mike didn't
understand it.

alwaysfishking
August 1st, 2004, 02:32 PM
Why do they not have a big sign or something like an orange flag to
indicate? Something that catchs your attention.I know I have fished and
drifted down shoreline only to look up and say "Dam, I'm already down here"
Pretty stupid if you ask me. JMO

"AJH" > wrote in message
> What catch? one small dead bass, some thing is funny here.The T Director
> said he explained the off limits area and was surprised Mike didn't
> understand it.

SimRacer
August 2nd, 2004, 10:04 PM
"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> Why do they not have a big sign or something like an orange flag to
> indicate? Something that catchs your attention.I know I have fished and
> drifted down shoreline only to look up and say "Dam, I'm already down
here"
> Pretty stupid if you ask me. JMO

Ike brought this up at the Day 3 weigh-in, said that OB areas are
*typically* marked somehow or another and that he simply misunderstood where
in relation to the ramp's no wake area, the OB was located. On an overhead
map, it made perfect sense to me, but I wasn't in the tourney nor was I on
the water.

And he apparently didn't call the director. The director, himself, said on
stage yesterday (Day3) that a co-director (helper, or something or another)
had observed Ike in the OB area and had called in to report him. He then
called Ike and told him he was OB.

However that shakes out, isn't it funny that just up from the rip rap and
dock that Ike was fishing (and was OB), was the bridge that Aaron Martens
caught all his fish at? The director assured everyone at the show yesterday
that Aaron's spot was "legal". LOL!

SimRacer
August 2nd, 2004, 10:04 PM
"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> Why do they not have a big sign or something like an orange flag to
> indicate? Something that catchs your attention.I know I have fished and
> drifted down shoreline only to look up and say "Dam, I'm already down
here"
> Pretty stupid if you ask me. JMO

Ike brought this up at the Day 3 weigh-in, said that OB areas are
*typically* marked somehow or another and that he simply misunderstood where
in relation to the ramp's no wake area, the OB was located. On an overhead
map, it made perfect sense to me, but I wasn't in the tourney nor was I on
the water.

And he apparently didn't call the director. The director, himself, said on
stage yesterday (Day3) that a co-director (helper, or something or another)
had observed Ike in the OB area and had called in to report him. He then
called Ike and told him he was OB.

However that shakes out, isn't it funny that just up from the rip rap and
dock that Ike was fishing (and was OB), was the bridge that Aaron Martens
caught all his fish at? The director assured everyone at the show yesterday
that Aaron's spot was "legal". LOL!

RGarri7470
August 3rd, 2004, 03:38 AM
>However that shakes out, isn't it funny that just up from the rip rap and
>dock that Ike was fishing (and was OB), was the bridge that Aaron Martens
>caught all his fish at? The director assured everyone at the show yesterday
>that Aaron's spot was "legal". LOL!

Its fairly typical in tournaments to have an off limits start on one side of a
bridge - if you stay on the other side it is legal, but you can not come under
it. That was the case here, I think. If you came under the bridge on the marina
side and fished, you were off limits - but not if you stayed on the other side.

BTW - they showed on TV Mike making the call to the tournament director and
asking what was off limits, then looking back over his sholder and saying
something about the riprap point at the bridge - while on the phone.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
August 3rd, 2004, 03:38 AM
>However that shakes out, isn't it funny that just up from the rip rap and
>dock that Ike was fishing (and was OB), was the bridge that Aaron Martens
>caught all his fish at? The director assured everyone at the show yesterday
>that Aaron's spot was "legal". LOL!

Its fairly typical in tournaments to have an off limits start on one side of a
bridge - if you stay on the other side it is legal, but you can not come under
it. That was the case here, I think. If you came under the bridge on the marina
side and fished, you were off limits - but not if you stayed on the other side.

BTW - they showed on TV Mike making the call to the tournament director and
asking what was off limits, then looking back over his sholder and saying
something about the riprap point at the bridge - while on the phone.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
August 3rd, 2004, 03:38 AM
>However that shakes out, isn't it funny that just up from the rip rap and
>dock that Ike was fishing (and was OB), was the bridge that Aaron Martens
>caught all his fish at? The director assured everyone at the show yesterday
>that Aaron's spot was "legal". LOL!

Its fairly typical in tournaments to have an off limits start on one side of a
bridge - if you stay on the other side it is legal, but you can not come under
it. That was the case here, I think. If you came under the bridge on the marina
side and fished, you were off limits - but not if you stayed on the other side.

BTW - they showed on TV Mike making the call to the tournament director and
asking what was off limits, then looking back over his sholder and saying
something about the riprap point at the bridge - while on the phone.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

SimRacer
August 3rd, 2004, 03:47 PM
"RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> >However that shakes out, isn't it funny that just up from the rip rap and
> >dock that Ike was fishing (and was OB), was the bridge that Aaron Martens
> >caught all his fish at? The director assured everyone at the show
yesterday
> >that Aaron's spot was "legal". LOL!
> >
> Its fairly typical in tournaments to have an off limits start on one side
of a
> bridge - if you stay on the other side it is legal, but you can not come
under
> it. That was the case here, I think. If you came under the bridge on the
marina
> side and fished, you were off limits - but not if you stayed on the other
side.

> BTW - they showed on TV Mike making the call to the tournament director
and
> asking what was off limits, then looking back over his sholder and saying
> something about the riprap point at the bridge - while on the phone.
> Ronnie

I'm just telling you what the guy (Trip Weldon) said when Fish ask him how
he found out that Ike was OB. Said an assistant had called him (and told him
he thought Mike was OB), and then he called Ike. That's all I know, was
there, heard it myself so that's all I can relay. I saw the ESPN coverage
too, but Fish ask him specifically and that was his side of it.

RGarri7470
August 3rd, 2004, 04:24 PM
>I'm just telling you what the guy (Trip Weldon) said when Fish ask him how
>he found out that Ike was OB. Said an assistant had called him (and told him
>he thought Mike was OB), and then he called Ike.

I thought all that happened after Mike was already at the weigh-in area and
stopped fishing. The first call from Mike was while he was fishing. But I was
not there, only saw it on TV.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
August 3rd, 2004, 04:24 PM
>I'm just telling you what the guy (Trip Weldon) said when Fish ask him how
>he found out that Ike was OB. Said an assistant had called him (and told him
>he thought Mike was OB), and then he called Ike.

I thought all that happened after Mike was already at the weigh-in area and
stopped fishing. The first call from Mike was while he was fishing. But I was
not there, only saw it on TV.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

SimRacer
August 3rd, 2004, 05:10 PM
"RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> >I'm just telling you what the guy (Trip Weldon) said when Fish ask him
how
> >he found out that Ike was OB. Said an assistant had called him (and told
him
> >he thought Mike was OB), and then he called Ike.
>
> I thought all that happened after Mike was already at the weigh-in area
and
> stopped fishing. The first call from Mike was while he was fishing. But I
was
> not there, only saw it on TV.
> Ronnie
>
> http://fishing.about.com

I agree, the TV made it look like Ike called to inquire about the OB area
while fishing it, but Trip said he was alerted to the situation and he then
called Ike. Ya got me as to what really happened. Maybe he (Trip) did call,
missed him (or something) and then Ike called him back. :shrugs: I dunno.
Didn't amount to anything anyway, a little extra something to talk about
during the weigh-in and the "TV commerical" pauses during it I guess.

All I know is that Michael took responsibility for the action though he did
say on-stage that OB areas are typically marked and they weren't in this
case. But he pretty much left it with an "I made a mistake" and put it on
himself. I thought that was the right thing to do. I don't tourney fish, but
IMO it's up to the anglers to know and stay within the rules, so kudos to
Ike for taking his lumps and moving on with little fuss.

SimRacer
August 3rd, 2004, 05:10 PM