PDA

View Full Version : Re: Why can't I be there?????

go-bassn
November 5th, 2003, 03:46 PM
What's your buddy's name Dan? I wish him luck!

Warren

"Dan" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> The subject question is rhetorical as I am well aware of why I can't be at
> the BASS Columbia River tourney. Divorce, care for the kids, no money
> anymore. Keeps you off the circuit. That I can deal with.
>
> However it gets tough to shrug it off when....
> 1. One of your best friend's goes there. (his 1st ever BASS tourney)
> 2. He calls me for help, (I was there for BASS about 4 years ago). The
> biggest fish he has caught in 3 days of prefish is 13". About 125 fish
below
> that size so it's dink city for him. Most other anglers are doing the same
> from what he says.
> 3. I give him my 2 cents worth and what I would do and look for. Much less
> obvious or known pattern/ method. The next day he calls and says he tried
> what I said and is now catching 3-4# smallies!
>
> Not that I wish my buddy any ill will at all, he'll probably win the damn
> thing. Heck I hope he does.
>
> It's just that, apparently, God has a sense of humor!
> Couldn't He just give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice in it????
>

> Dan W.

John Kerr
November 5th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Re: Why can't I be there?????

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Wed, Nov 5, 2003, 10:46am (CST+1)
From: (go-bassn)
======
"Dan" > wrote in message
[...]
=====
I feel for ya Dan......Been there done that:). I was heavy into the bass
thing when I got a divorce, and custody of the boys. Cut my fishing down
considerably. When I could get out, I took the kids with me, a different
experience for me, and a GREAT one! I didn't persue the circuit after
that...but I live it now through my son who did! I wish you the best,
and that things happen to get you back in the "competion" soon! Good
luck to your friend, and good that you could help him!
JK