PDA

View Full Version : OT - Fishing Contest ;-)

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
August 4th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Fishing Story

Once upon a time, long, long ago there was a Presidential election that was
too close to call. Neither the Republican presidential candidate nor the
Democratic presidential candidate had enough votes to win the election.

Therefore, it was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest
between the two candidates to determine the final winner. There was much
talk about ballot recounting, court challenges, etc., but a week-long ice
fishing competition seemed the (manly) way to settle things.

The candidate that catches the most fish at the end of the week wins. After
a lot of back and forth discussion, it was decided that the contest would
take place on a remote and cold lake in Wisconsin. There were to be no
observers present, and both men were to be sent out separately on this
remote lake and return daily with their catch for counting and verification.

At the end of the first! day, George W. returns to the starting line and he
has 10 fish. Soon, Kerry returns and has zero fish. Well, everyone assumes
he is just having another bad hair day or something and hopefully, he will
catch up the next day.

At the end of the 2nd day George W. comes in with 20 fish and Kerry comes in
again with none.

That evening, Bill Clinton gets together secretly with Kerry and says, "I
think George W. is a lowlife cheatin' son-of-a-gun. I want you to go out
tomorrow and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see if
he is cheating in any way.

The next night (after George W. comes back with 50 fish), Clinton says to
Kerry, "Well, what about it, is George W. cheatin?'"

"He sure is, Bill, he's cutting holes in the ice!

--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

TerryNC
August 4th, 2004, 01:04 AM
harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ;-)

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
message ...
> [...]

he
> has 10 fish. Soon, Kerry returns and has zero fish. Well, everyone
assumes
> he is just having another bad hair day or something and hopefully, he will
> catch up the next day.
>
> At the end of the 2nd day George W. comes in with 20 fish and Kerry comes
in
> again with none.
>
> That evening, Bill Clinton gets together secretly with Kerry and says, "I
> think George W. is a lowlife cheatin' son-of-a-gun. I want you to go out
> tomorrow and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see if
> he is cheating in any way.
>
> The next night (after George W. comes back with 50 fish), Clinton says to
> Kerry, "Well, what about it, is George W. cheatin?'"
>
> "He sure is, Bill, he's cutting holes in the ice!

Steve & Chris Clark
August 4th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Another fishing story.

A long time Reverend that has lived in the city for all his fifty years gets
a transfer to a northern church far away from any city. He is pretty exited
about the move as he has always wanted to go fishing. It was early January
so he visits a sporting goods store to get all the latest ice fishing gear
before his long trip to the northern town.

He gets himself settled in the small town and decides that he would head
out for some ice fishing that afternoon, so he packs up the car and heads
out to go fishin'. He drags all his equipment out to the ice and assembles
the gas powered auger and readies himself to pull the ripcord when all of a
sudden he hears a low and droning voice from what seems to be coming from
above "you won't catch anything there".
The reverend looks up toward the heavens and wonders a bit? He moves
himself a short distance to what seems a good spot and just as he goes to
start the auger he hears the droning, soft, low voice once more "you wont
catch anything there".
GOD? Is that you? No answer. So the Reverend moves a short distance once
again and proceeds to attempt another borehole, putting his hand on the
starter cord the voice once again drones out the same phrase..."you won't
catch anything there".
The reverend asks "is that you God"? Somewhat disturbed and in amazement he
hears the voice utter softly "No, it's me, the arena manager".
--
Steve

---

[...]

August 4th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Jeez,

Sorry, I just thought it was a funny joke.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
August 4th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Jeez,

Sorry, I just thought it was a funny joke.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

go-bassn
August 4th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Since you started the thread Steve...
----------------------------
Bill Clinton was arriving back to the White House from a trip to Arkansas
with a pig under each arm. A secret serviceman greeted him.

"Nice pigs, sir!"

"Thank you. Though these are no ordinary pigs -- they're Arkansas
Razorbacks! I got one for Hillary and one for Chelsea."

"Nice trade sir!"
-------------------------------

Warren

Nice trade, sir!""Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
> [...]

he
> has 10 fish. Soon, Kerry returns and has zero fish. Well, everyone
assumes
> he is just having another bad hair day or something and hopefully, he will
> catch up the next day.
>
> At the end of the 2nd day George W. comes in with 20 fish and Kerry comes
in
> again with none.
>
> That evening, Bill Clinton gets together secretly with Kerry and says, "I
> think George W. is a lowlife cheatin' son-of-a-gun. I want you to go out
> tomorrow and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see if
> he is cheating in any way.
>
> The next night (after George W. comes back with 50 fish), Clinton says to
> Kerry, "Well, what about it, is George W. cheatin?'"
>
> "He sure is, Bill, he's cutting holes in the ice!

Jeff
August 4th, 2004, 08:15 PM
It was funny and true! :-)

Jeff

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
message ...
> Jeez,
>
> Sorry, I just thought it was a funny joke.
> --
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Jeff
August 4th, 2004, 08:15 PM
It was funny and true! :-)

Jeff

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
message ...
> Jeez,
>
> Sorry, I just thought it was a funny joke.
> --
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Huck Palmatier
August 4th, 2004, 11:32 PM
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=this_land&preplay=1&ratingBar=off

......I'm sure most of ya'll've seen this by now said Huck

Huck Palmatier
August 4th, 2004, 11:32 PM
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=this_land&preplay=1&ratingBar=off

......I'm sure most of ya'll've seen this by now said Huck

Huck Palmatier
August 4th, 2004, 11:32 PM
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=this_land&preplay=1&ratingBar=off

......I'm sure most of ya'll've seen this by now said Huck

Huck Palmatier
August 4th, 2004, 11:37 PM
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=this_land&preplay=1&ratingBar=off

....who ain't seen this yet? asked Huck

Huck Palmatier
August 4th, 2004, 11:37 PM
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=this_land&preplay=1&ratingBar=off

....who ain't seen this yet? asked Huck

Rich Pierro
August 5th, 2004, 05:26 AM
I guess I shouldn't get so worked up but I just lost my business and I'm
probably a little bitter right now. Some of the foreign and economic
policies of this administration have directly impacted my economy sensitive
industry and I can't help but think a change is needed. I'm not doing
nearly as well as I was under Clinton.

And Joe, for the record, I'd rather a man had the courage to change his mind
based on the evolving climate of a situation. I seems unwise to me to set a
course and put your blinders on and trudge ahead regardless of how changing
terms can alter the situation. This world is constantly changing, every
minute, and global leadership needs to adapt if we are to survive and
prosper.

Plus, I feel strongly about the separation of church and state,being an
agnostic.

Rich P

[...]

Joe Z
August 5th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Point taken and respected. Joe Z.
"Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
[...]

steve burison
August 5th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Hey Rich
Sorry to hear about your business loss.

Steve

"Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
> I guess I shouldn't get so worked up but I just lost my business and I'm
> probably a little bitter right now. Some of the foreign and economic
> policies of this administration have directly impacted my economy
sensitive
> industry and I can't help but think a change is needed. I'm not doing
> nearly as well as I was under Clinton.
>
> And Joe, for the record, I'd rather a man had the courage to change his
mind
> based on the evolving climate of a situation. I seems unwise to me to set
> course and put your blinders on and trudge ahead regardless of how
changing
> terms can alter the situation. This world is constantly changing, every
> minute, and global leadership needs to adapt if we are to survive and
> prosper.
>
> Plus, I feel strongly about the separation of church and state,being an
> agnostic.
>
> Rich P

steve burison
August 5th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Hey Rich
Sorry to hear about your business loss.

Steve

"Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
> I guess I shouldn't get so worked up but I just lost my business and I'm
> probably a little bitter right now. Some of the foreign and economic
> policies of this administration have directly impacted my economy
sensitive
> industry and I can't help but think a change is needed. I'm not doing
> nearly as well as I was under Clinton.
>
> And Joe, for the record, I'd rather a man had the courage to change his
mind
> based on the evolving climate of a situation. I seems unwise to me to set
> course and put your blinders on and trudge ahead regardless of how
changing
> terms can alter the situation. This world is constantly changing, every
> minute, and global leadership needs to adapt if we are to survive and
> prosper.
>
> Plus, I feel strongly about the separation of church and state,being an
> agnostic.
>
> Rich P

Jeff
August 5th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Hi Rich.

Sorry to hear about your loss and I hope things work out. My guess is
though that would Bush and the administration's policies were not
responsible for that. The economy goes in cycles. I do not believe any
current president can really take credit for the state of the economy given
that what happens was already set into motion prior to taking office. Also,
if Al Gore had been elected, things might have been much worse after 9/11
from an economy standpoint as I do believe Bush's leadership (right or
wrong) has helped to hold this country together. Bad decisions are always
better than no decisions which is a trait I see from prevailing Democrats.
In my opinion though, I think Bush has demonstrated exceptional leadership
and made the right decisions based upon known information.

Regarding separation of church and state, what do you think that means?
When you think of separation, who was the "architect" that defined this? It
was Thomas Jefferson of course. Given that, here are some things to
consider:
- Jefferson attended church at a location with the largest congregration.
That location was the Capital.
- Jefferson did not like the music played during the service. So, he
brought in the Marine Corp band.
- Jefferson, while president, held a second job. He was the equivalent of
the secretary of education. I do not remember the title. Essentially, he
was responsible for public education. He required two books to be taught.
Do you know what those were? It was the Bible and Isaac Watt's hymnal.

You may not like this because you are an agnostic, but too many people and
the ACLU have completely distorted what was meant by separation of church
and state. I could argue that not believing in God is a form of religion in
itself and therefore, ignoring God in relation to the government is the
ACLU's definition of violation of separation of church and state. We have
freedom in this country to not be persecuted for our beliefs. I just do not
believe that means we have to remove Christian values from our government on
which this country was founded.

Jeff

> [...]

> probably a little bitter right now. Some of the foreign and economic
> policies of this administration have directly impacted my economy
sensitive
> industry and I can't help but think a change is needed. I'm not doing
> nearly as well as I was under Clinton.
>
> And Joe, for the record, I'd rather a man had the courage to change his
mind
> based on the evolving climate of a situation. I seems unwise to me to set
> course and put your blinders on and trudge ahead regardless of how
changing
> terms can alter the situation. This world is constantly changing, every
> minute, and global leadership needs to adapt if we are to survive and
> prosper.
>
> Plus, I feel strongly about the separation of church and state,being an

alwaysfishking
August 5th, 2004, 09:45 PM
I caught a fish today, I'm going over to recreation.outdoors.politics to let
them all know. Hell, I might even post a picture.

Randy-

alwaysfishking
August 5th, 2004, 09:45 PM
I caught a fish today, I'm going over to recreation.outdoors.politics to let
them all know. Hell, I might even post a picture.

Randy-

Jeff
August 5th, 2004, 09:47 PM
You are right. We certainly got off topic. It's Steve's fault for posting
such a funny joke! :-)

Jeff

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> I caught a fish today, I'm going over to recreation.outdoors.politics to
let
> them all know. Hell, I might even post a picture.
>
> Randy-

Jeff
August 5th, 2004, 09:47 PM
You are right. We certainly got off topic. It's Steve's fault for posting
such a funny joke! :-)

Jeff

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> I caught a fish today, I'm going over to recreation.outdoors.politics to
let
> them all know. Hell, I might even post a picture.
>
> Randy-

RichZ
August 5th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Excellent contribution to this thread, Randy!

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
August 5th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Excellent contribution to this thread, Randy!

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Rich Pierro
August 6th, 2004, 03:42 AM
I'm done with it. Let's move on. Now that I don't have a shop I can spend
more time fishing and writing about it here.

Fish On

Rich P

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Excellent contribution to this thread, Randy!
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

RGarri7470
August 6th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Rich

I have never killfiled anybody, not even al - you are the first. If I wanted
this kind of liberal crap I could watch CNN.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
August 6th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Rich

I have never killfiled anybody, not even al - you are the first. If I wanted
this kind of liberal crap I could watch CNN.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

dpwozney
August 7th, 2004, 05:09 AM
"Jeff" > wrote in message >...

[trimmed]
> I just do not believe that means we have to remove Christian values
> from our government on which this country was founded.

According to Article 11 of the Treaty of Peace and Friendship, signed
at Tripoli on November 4, 1796, passed by the United States Congress,
and which may be read at
http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/diplomacy/barbary/bar1796t.htm ,
"...the government of the United States of America is not in any sense
founded on the Christian Religion...".

Rather, Thomas Jefferson, the author of the Declaration of
Independence, was a deist.
See http://www.deism.com/DeistAmerica.htm .

John C. French
August 7th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Now that is an informative post. not that I agree, but good job.

John C. French

"Eric Dreher" > wrote in message
> [...]

> "In my view, the Christian religion is the most important and one of
> the first things in which all children, under a free government ought
> to be instructed....No truth is more evident to my mind than that the
> Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to
> secure the rights and privileges of a free people." - Noah Webster
>
> "This is genuine Christianity, and to this we owe our free
> Constitutions of Government." - Noah Webster
>
> "Now I will avow, that I then believe, and now believe, that those
> general Principles of Christianity, are as eternal and immutable, as
> the Existence and Attributes of God; and that those Principles of
> liberty, are as unalterable as human Nature and our terrestrial,
> mundane System." - John Adams

> Anyone who doesn't like it, can argue with them.
>
> Back to bass fishing.

> "He [Kerry] lacks the capacity to lead."

Jeff
August 7th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the information. I am going to keep this for future reference
and I agree 100%.

Jeff