PDA

View Full Version : OT, some GPS advice needed

Rich Pierro
August 5th, 2004, 05:55 AM
I'm looking for a GPS unit that will work well on the boat, but also will
show detailed maps of local streets in my truck for work. Any
recommendations out there?

Rich P

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
August 5th, 2004, 12:00 PM
GPSMAP 76 or GPSMAP 76C.

"Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
> I'm looking for a GPS unit that will work well on the boat, but also will
> show detailed maps of local streets in my truck for work. Any
> recommendations out there?
>
> Rich P

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
August 5th, 2004, 12:00 PM
GPSMAP 76 or GPSMAP 76C.

"Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
> I'm looking for a GPS unit that will work well on the boat, but also will
> show detailed maps of local streets in my truck for work. Any
> recommendations out there?
>
> Rich P

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
August 5th, 2004, 12:00 PM
GPSMAP 76 or GPSMAP 76C.

"Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
> I'm looking for a GPS unit that will work well on the boat, but also will
> show detailed maps of local streets in my truck for work. Any
> recommendations out there?
>
> Rich P

Bob La Londe
August 5th, 2004, 02:51 PM
I have a GPS MAP 176 by Garmin thatt does exactly that. My only complaint
is that te screen is too small to use when driving.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

"Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
> I'm looking for a GPS unit that will work well on the boat, but also will
> show detailed maps of local streets in my truck for work. Any
> recommendations out there?
>
> Rich P

Bob La Londe
August 5th, 2004, 02:51 PM
I have a GPS MAP 176 by Garmin thatt does exactly that. My only complaint
is that te screen is too small to use when driving.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing
** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
** www.YumaBassMan.com

"Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
> I'm looking for a GPS unit that will work well on the boat, but also will
> show detailed maps of local streets in my truck for work. Any
> recommendations out there?
>
> Rich P

go-bassn
August 6th, 2004, 05:44 AM
2006c ;-)

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> I have a GPS MAP 176 by Garmin thatt does exactly that. My only complaint
> is that te screen is too small to use when driving.
>
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com
>

> "Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
> > I'm looking for a GPS unit that will work well on the boat, but also
will
> > show detailed maps of local streets in my truck for work. Any
> > recommendations out there?
> >
> > Rich P

go-bassn
August 6th, 2004, 05:44 AM
2006c ;-)

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> I have a GPS MAP 176 by Garmin thatt does exactly that. My only complaint
> is that te screen is too small to use when driving.
>
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com
>

> "Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
> > I'm looking for a GPS unit that will work well on the boat, but also
will
> > show detailed maps of local streets in my truck for work. Any
> > recommendations out there?
> >
> > Rich P

go-bassn
August 6th, 2004, 05:44 AM
2006c ;-)

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> I have a GPS MAP 176 by Garmin thatt does exactly that. My only complaint
> is that te screen is too small to use when driving.
>
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com
>

> "Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
> > I'm looking for a GPS unit that will work well on the boat, but also
will
> > show detailed maps of local streets in my truck for work. Any
> > recommendations out there?
> >
> > Rich P

Bob La Londe
August 6th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Yeah... bigger woudl be better. My next boat will have huge color
electronics on it. GPS in my truck isn't that big a deal since I go the
same places all the time.