PDA

View Full Version : Cold Morning

alwaysfishking
August 6th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Well despite the 46 degree temps here this morning I head out. I had
promised a friend I would take him and his son(5 yo) out for some early
morning fishing. He got a late start and had to be off the water by 6:30 for
work. I am fortunate enough I didn't have to get off until 7:30 . We fished
everywhere, I threw everything from flukes to spinnerbaits, drop shot to
wacky rigs and back again. I managed just one dink on a 4 inch kinami and
couldn't find another bite all morning. If you can't catch a fish on this
lake then the fish just are not biting The kid had a good time and I got him
to lip the little bass for a picture. I'll head out again in the morning.

Randy-

Bob La Londe
August 6th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Sounds like it would have been a good morning to slow down with some jigs
or drop shots.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> Well despite the 46 degree temps here this morning I head out. I had
> promised a friend I would take him and his son(5 yo) out for some early
> morning fishing. He got a late start and had to be off the water by 6:30
for
> work. I am fortunate enough I didn't have to get off until 7:30 . We
fished
> everywhere, I threw everything from flukes to spinnerbaits, drop shot to
> wacky rigs and back again. I managed just one dink on a 4 inch kinami and
> couldn't find another bite all morning. If you can't catch a fish on this
> lake then the fish just are not biting The kid had a good time and I got
him
> to lip the little bass for a picture. I'll head out again in the morning.
>

> Randy-

alwaysfishking
August 6th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I did, I did, It's the first big cold front to come through up here, reached
a high of 62 today. I threw jigs and drop shotted the hell out of the lake
with no luck. Tomorrow is another day. Just loaded up on some horny toads,
I'm gonna jig some and pop a few across the grass, see if I can stir
something up.