PDA

View Full Version : In pursuit...

RichZ
August 7th, 2004, 05:57 AM
I guess we are all guilty at times, of letting too long a time pass by
without making contact with friends and colleagues that we don't deal with
on an every day basis. And then it's too late.

My friend; My colleague; Bill Murphy passed away in mid-May, and I didn't
even know it until yesterday. Bill was truly unique in the world of
fishing.

If you haven't read his book, 'In Pursuit of Giant Bass', do yourself a
favor and do so. Bill was the antithesis of today's high profile, run and
gun, competitive angler. He would fish one CAST longer than many tournament
pro's fish a whole cove. And man, he would stitch up some big ones.

He'll be missed.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

alwaysfishking
August 7th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Indeed I know I am one of the guilty one's. Sorry to hear about the loss of
your friend.

Randy

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> I guess we are all guilty at times, of letting too long a time pass by
> without making contact with friends and colleagues that we don't deal with
> on an every day basis. And then it's too late.
>
> My friend; My colleague; Bill Murphy passed away in mid-May, and I didn't
> even know it until yesterday. Bill was truly unique in the world of
> fishing.
>
> If you haven't read his book, 'In Pursuit of Giant Bass', do yourself a
> favor and do so. Bill was the antithesis of today's high profile, run and
> gun, competitive angler. He would fish one CAST longer than many
tournament
> pro's fish a whole cove. And man, he would stitch up some big ones.
>
> He'll be missed.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Brad Coovert
August 7th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Bill's book is a great book.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Rich.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Brad Coovert
August 7th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Bill's book is a great book.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Rich.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Dan
August 9th, 2004, 06:56 AM
As the final verification that I have been out of the fishing world WAY TOO
LONG!

A great hunter / not very good fisherman friend of mine mentioned that one
of the big name guys down in San Diego passed recently but he couldn't
remember his name. He was wondering if I had heard about it or knew who it
was. First I actually heard it was Bill was right now.

Bill was a friend of mine as well. I had several very long conversations
with him, mostly by phone, but a couple in person over the years. None in
recent years unfortunately. The talks were very notible as the conversations
dealt with theoreticals in bass fishing rather than the typical technique,
where to go type banter. We had talked about the possibility of doing a
video or two together. Never happened unfortunately.

I never got to spend a day on the water with him and we obviously weren't
close since this is the first I heard of his passing. But take it from me,
Bill was one of the most knowledgeable bass fishermen I ever met. I always
referred to him as the Western Bass Professor. Yes he was of the same
caliber as Doug Hannon in knowledge and abilities.

Bill's book "In Pursuit of Giant Bass" is in my opinion, one of the best
books ever written on the subject. Get a copy and absorb the knowledge of
one of the true masters.

Now I need to go a raise a glass to Bill. Hope he's still catching them
where-ever he is.

--
Dan W.

host, Bazz Clazz Videos

www.bazzclazz.com

To reply remove spamnot from the address