PDA

View Full Version : OK..maybe I've finally crossed the line..

Christopher P. Cericola
August 8th, 2004, 01:45 AM
Last night I was dreaming about fishing..that wasn't the issue. Dreaming's
normal, right? Even dreaming about the large bass I was reeling in was
normal...the abnormal part was pulling my wife's arm back like it was a pole
while I was cranking an invisible reel with my other hand. I even woke her
up doing this.

Should I seek out a shrink?

Christopher

RichZ
August 8th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Christopher wrote:
> .the abnormal part was pulling my wife's arm back like it was a pole
> while I was cranking an invisible reel with my other hand. I even woke her
> up doing this.

I set the hook so many times in my sleep of the years that my wife has taken
to sleeping on the couch the 1st night when I come home from a fishing trip
more than one day long. I guess I set the hook as hard in my sleep as I do in
the boat. I've knocked her out of bed, given her a black & blue mark on her
arm, etc.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

go-bassn
August 8th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Might be a good idea Christopher...

Warren

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...
> Last night I was dreaming about fishing..that wasn't the issue.
Dreaming's
> normal, right? Even dreaming about the large bass I was reeling in was
> normal...the abnormal part was pulling my wife's arm back like it was a
pole
> while I was cranking an invisible reel with my other hand. I even woke
her
> up doing this.
>
> Should I seek out a shrink?
>
> Christopher

Christopher P. Cericola
August 8th, 2004, 01:58 AM
"RichZ" > wrote in message
< I set the hook so many times in my sleep of the years that my wife has
taken to sleeping on the couch the 1st night when I come home from a
fishing trip more than one day long. I guess I set the hook as hard in my
sleep as I do in the boat. I've knocked her out of bed, given her a black &
blue mark on her arm, etc. >

I feel so much better now. We should form a support group.

Christopher

steve burison
August 8th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Sounds like you might be able to get a group discount from that
shrink........LOL

You guys are major hardcore fishermen for sure. Do you at least land the
fish in your dream???

Steve

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Christopher wrote:
> > .the abnormal part was pulling my wife's arm back like it was a pole
> > while I was cranking an invisible reel with my other hand. I even woke
her
> > up doing this.
> >

> I set the hook so many times in my sleep of the years that my wife has
taken
> to sleeping on the couch the 1st night when I come home from a fishing
trip
> more than one day long. I guess I set the hook as hard in my sleep as I do
in
> the boat. I've knocked her out of bed, given her a black & blue mark on
her
> arm, etc.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

alwaysfishking
August 8th, 2004, 02:18 AM
That explains it, about three weeks ago my wife said I jerked both arms up
violently while sleeping and held them there. I didn't think much of it at
the time.

I'm Randy and I'm a bassaholic
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Might be a good idea Christopher...
>
> Warren
>
> "Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
> groups.com...
> > Last night I was dreaming about fishing..that wasn't the issue.
> Dreaming's
> > normal, right? Even dreaming about the large bass I was reeling in was
> > normal...the abnormal part was pulling my wife's arm back like it was a
> pole
> > while I was cranking an invisible reel with my other hand. I even woke
> her
> > up doing this.
> >
> > Should I seek out a shrink?
> >
> > Christopher

go-bassn
August 8th, 2004, 02:27 AM
rotflmao...

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message

> That explains it, about three weeks ago my wife said I jerked both arms up
> violently while sleeping and held them there. I didn't think much of it at
> the time.
>
> I'm Randy and I'm a bassaholic
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > Might be a good idea Christopher...
> >
> > Warren
> >
> > "Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in
message
> > groups.com...
> > > Last night I was dreaming about fishing..that wasn't the issue.
> > Dreaming's
> > > normal, right? Even dreaming about the large bass I was reeling in
was
> > > normal...the abnormal part was pulling my wife's arm back like it was
> > pole
> > > while I was cranking an invisible reel with my other hand. I even
woke
> > her
> > > up doing this.
> > >
> > > Should I seek out a shrink?
> > >
> > > Christopher

Christopher P. Cericola
August 8th, 2004, 02:27 AM
"steve burison" > wrote in message
< You guys are major hardcore fishermen for sure. Do you at least land the
fish in your dream??? >

This was a big guy and I was reeling like it was gonna save my life.. I
even remember after my wife woke up and yelled at me that I told her, "But I
was fishing!". If I hadn't woke her up, I would've landed that baby..

Christopher

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
August 8th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Sounds like you guys could use a 12 step program.

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> rotflmao...
>
> "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> >
> > That explains it, about three weeks ago my wife said I jerked both arms
up
> > violently while sleeping and held them there. I didn't think much of it
at
> > the time.
> >
> > I'm Randy and I'm a bassaholic
> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > > Might be a good idea Christopher...
> > >
> > > Warren
> > >
> > > "Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in
> message
> > > groups.com...
> > > Dreaming's
> was
> > > pole
> woke
> > > her

alwaysfishking
August 8th, 2004, 03:16 AM
another one? Can't I just change the words Jerry?

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Sounds like you guys could use a 12 step program.
>
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > rotflmao...
> >
> > "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > That explains it, about three weeks ago my wife said I jerked both
arms
> up
> > > violently while sleeping and held them there. I didn't think much of
it
> at
> > > the time.
> > >
> > > I'm Randy and I'm a bassaholic

> > message
> > was
> was
> > woke

alwaysfishking
August 8th, 2004, 03:16 AM
another one? Can't I just change the words Jerry?

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Sounds like you guys could use a 12 step program.
>
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > rotflmao...
> >
> > "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > That explains it, about three weeks ago my wife said I jerked both
arms
> up
> > > violently while sleeping and held them there. I didn't think much of
it
> at
> > > the time.
> > >
> > > I'm Randy and I'm a bassaholic

> > message
> > was
> was
> > woke

Eric Ryder
August 8th, 2004, 06:26 AM
I thought I was the only one that did that:) I actually thought it was a
GOOD thing - demonstrating proper focus, lifestyle, etc:)

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Christopher wrote:
> > .the abnormal part was pulling my wife's arm back like it was a pole
> > while I was cranking an invisible reel with my other hand. I even woke
her
> > up doing this.
> >

> I set the hook so many times in my sleep of the years that my wife has
taken
> to sleeping on the couch the 1st night when I come home from a fishing
trip
> more than one day long. I guess I set the hook as hard in my sleep as I do
in
> the boat. I've knocked her out of bed, given her a black & blue mark on
her
> arm, etc.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

E. Carl Speros
August 8th, 2004, 12:49 PM

E. Carl Speros
August 8th, 2004, 12:49 PM

RichZ
August 8th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Eric wrote:
> I actually thought it was a
> GOOD thing

I agree. Might as well dream about the important stuff.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

alwaysfishking
August 9th, 2004, 12:37 PM
A case of? I'm totally inflicted and it has spread
"E. Carl Speros" > wrote in message ...
Jst get up, call in sick, get your fishing gear, & head toward you
favorite lake. You've just got a terminal case of Gottabassis syndrome.
(I get it now & then myself.) LOL

"Then raise the Harp of Erin boys, the flag we all revere, We'll fight & fall beneath its folds like Irish Volunteers" from Dave Kincaids song & CD "The Irish Volunteer" Lancaster Civil War Round Table Website http://community.webtv.net/GrayGhostYankee/TheCivilWarRound Carl Speros webmaster.

alwaysfishking
August 9th, 2004, 12:37 PM
A case of? I'm totally inflicted and it has spread
"E. Carl Speros" > wrote in message ...
Jst get up, call in sick, get your fishing gear, & head toward you
favorite lake. You've just got a terminal case of Gottabassis syndrome.
(I get it now & then myself.) LOL

"Then raise the Harp of Erin boys, the flag we all revere, We'll fight & fall beneath its folds like Irish Volunteers" from Dave Kincaids song & CD "The Irish Volunteer" Lancaster Civil War Round Table Website http://community.webtv.net/GrayGhostYankee/TheCivilWarRound Carl Speros webmaster.

SimRacer
August 12th, 2004, 09:42 PM
"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...
> Last night I was dreaming about fishing..that wasn't the issue.
Dreaming's
> normal, right? Even dreaming about the large bass I was reeling in was
> normal...the abnormal part was pulling my wife's arm back like it was a
pole
> while I was cranking an invisible reel with my other hand. I even woke
her
> up doing this.
>
> Should I seek out a shrink?
>
> Christopher

You're kidding, right? The act of fishing *is* my shrink. LOL!

I'd say just keep on reeling them in so long as you don't physically harm
the little lady in the process.

Besides, there has to be much worse things out there to dream about than
fishing...

SimRacer
August 12th, 2004, 09:48 PM
"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Sounds like you guys could use a 12 step program.

LOL! Probably not.

But I would like to catch that Trilene commercial (IIRC) where all the guys
are on the bank about to start fishing and say a version of a fisherman's
prayer, mentions something like, "I'll put him back and make a graphite
replica, if the wife agrees.."

That has to be one of the funniest commercials about fishing I've seen the
past little bit. I just want to get the words down to their "prayer", as it
is quite humorous to me. "Let me catch a big one, I promise not to horse
him..." Now those guys, if they were real, might could benefit from the
program. I'd never join, I don't see an obsession over fishing as a problem,
and isn't admitting the problem step 1? ;-)

SimRacer
August 12th, 2004, 09:48 PM