PDA

View Full Version : Fall back methods.....

DWM
August 8th, 2004, 10:44 AM
OK lets say you're in a tourney and you've got 4 bass in the box. A
front has blown thru and shut the bass bite down. Your method of
catching fish is no longer working. You still need the all important 5th
fish, what method do you use when it gets tough? I actually use 2, I
either resort to a split-shot rig or I'll rig up a finesse worm on a
jighead and go to the bridge pilings(gotta think vertical).

JH33

E. Carl Speros
August 8th, 2004, 12:45 PM

E. Carl Speros
August 8th, 2004, 12:45 PM

alwaysfishking
August 8th, 2004, 02:06 PM
I would use a wacky rig
"E. Carl Speros" > wrote in message ...
A tube, lizard or worm of 4" or so would be best, though I wouldn't use
any weight. the bet way to really tantalize a Bass into striking despite
his disinclination to do so is to allow the soft plastic to drop ever so
slowly. More reluctant fish are caught on the drop, so slowing down the
drop would be more effective in my (never humble) opnion

"Then raise the Harp of Erin boys, the flag we all revere, We'll fight & fall beneath its folds like Irish Volunteers" from Dave Kincaids song & CD "The Irish Volunteer" Lancaster Civil War Round Table Website http://community.webtv.net/GrayGhostYankee/TheCivilWarRound Carl Speros webmaster.

Brad Coovert
August 8th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I would fish the same area where I was catching bass before. They didn't go
far if they moved at all.

I would downsize my baits, slow down and fish tighter to the cover.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Brad Coovert
August 8th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I would fish the same area where I was catching bass before. They didn't go
far if they moved at all.

I would downsize my baits, slow down and fish tighter to the cover.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Dan
August 9th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Options vary with type of water, cover options, etc.
In general:
Drop down in size of bait,
Fish tighter to cover,
Fish slower.
On the otherhand if you can get tight enough to cover, you may be able to
fish fast looking for a reaction strike.
Go to finesse tactics or flipping/pitching stuff.
On the otherhand if you can get tight enough to cover, you may be able to
fish fast looking for a reaction strike.
Fish deeper or get to moving water if you can find it. Fish in either
situation as less effected by cold fronts.

How has everyone been? I know, I haven't been around for quite awhile.
Anything good going on?

--
Dan W.

host, Bazz Clazz Videos

www.bazzclazz.com

To reply remove spamnot from the address

"DWM" > wrote in message
> OK lets say you're in a tourney and you've got 4 bass in the box. A
> front has blown thru and shut the bass bite down. Your method of
> catching fish is no longer working. You still need the all important 5th
> fish, what method do you use when it gets tough? I actually use 2, I
> either resort to a split-shot rig or I'll rig up a finesse worm on a
> jighead and go to the bridge pilings(gotta think vertical).
>
> JH33

alwaysfishking
August 9th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Where ya been hiding Dan?

alwaysfishking
August 9th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Where ya been hiding Dan?

Dan
August 10th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Inside a condemed building, down in the basement, next to a filing cabinet
in a room behind a locked door with a sign on it saying "beware of the
tiger". Not too many visitors and haven't had the keys to let myself out.
LOL

Anything good been going on here. has "It" left?

--

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> Where ya been hiding Dan?

Dan
August 10th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Inside a condemed building, down in the basement, next to a filing cabinet
in a room behind a locked door with a sign on it saying "beware of the
tiger". Not too many visitors and haven't had the keys to let myself out.
LOL

Anything good been going on here. has "It" left?

--
Dan W.

host, Bazz Clazz Videos

www.bazzclazz.com

To reply remove spamnot from the address

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> Where ya been hiding Dan?

RichZ
August 10th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Dan wrote:
> has "It" left?

You replied to it in the drop shot message. See what happens when you
aren't here to pay attention when it changes clothes?

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
August 10th, 2004, 12:29 PM

Dan wrote:
> has "It" left?

You replied to it in the drop shot message. See what happens when you
aren't here to pay attention when it changes clothes?

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Chris Rennert
August 10th, 2004, 09:38 PM
I personally would also stay in the same area I am confident in and get a
lot tighter to cover and almost leave the bait motionless for periods at a
time. If you only need one more fish, you should be able to coax another
fish using that method. I have been catching more and more fish leaving my
bait sit for up to 30 seconds at a shot motionless.

Chris Rennert