PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's Bassin' (& Buuegill) experience

E. Carl Speros
August 8th, 2004, 12:41 PM

Budd Cochran
August 8th, 2004, 02:21 PM
"E. Carl Speros" > wrote in message
> Yesterday my brother, nephew & I journeyed to a mennonite neighbor's
> son's farm near Atglen Pa. (on the Lancaster-Chester county border.
> Merv. & Jen have a working farm with a 1 acre pond on the premisis. We
> started fishing my new technique whi call jokingly "Stealth Bobber" I
> buy bobbers & paint them dark green. behind this (around 4 feet) I put a
> small worm or tube with no weight (usually yellow or chartreuse) &
> twitch it or slowroll it This might not work in very clear water, but it
> is a killer when the fish don't notice the bobber's movement. The bass
> were amenable & we caught dozens of them, but the Blueglls. WOW!!!
> Dinner plate size 'gills that easily put a 2 lb. largie to shame in
> feistyness & attitude. I often wonder why these sunfish, though related
> to crappies, (good name for these good tasting wimps) & Red eyes (rock
> Bass) are soooo much gutsier. (of course Smallies & Spots are the
> kings). What a un day on UL tackle

One of my favorite fishing techniques is quite similar to yours. I use it on
just about everything (catfish haven't hit it yet). A clear plastic bubble
with water added for casting weight, slid onto the main line, a snap swivel,
6' of leader and a fly, small tube lure or such. Cast beyond any rises and
retrieve slow enough to make a barely visible wake. Crappie and Bluegill go
nuts over it and Trout and Bass have nailed it also.

Budd