PDA

View Full Version : Terras went color & here's one of Jerry's Fishing Holes

Craig
August 8th, 2004, 03:33 PM
MS TerraServer now has color photos which are pretty cool. Below is an
example of one of Jerry Barton's fishing holes (just one he uses), but you
can see the rock piles, tree stumps, fall offs, etc. Zoom in for even
better detail!

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?t=4&s=10&x=1718&y=23469&z=17&w=2

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Craig
August 8th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Here is a nice shot of one of my favorite spots on Lake St. Clair's North
Channel. The current in this section is always swift, and you can see mud
trails where the shallow water is pulled towards the main current channel.
Keep your boat right on the channel break and work those trail edges (which
are not that visible on the water, but knowing where I usually catch my fish
is quite clear to me now why they are stacking up), and you will have days &
days of fun fishing (average fish in that area is about 3-pounds and the
biggest I caught there was 6.8.). Best days are when the wind is coming out
of the West and Southwest in the 20 to 30-mph range. Water in the main lake
is going to be pure hell, while in the channel the water will be almost
calm.

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?t=4&s=11&x=909&y=11804&z=17&w=2

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Bob La Londe
August 8th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Sadly my area is still old 1992 B&W stuff. Since we had flood levels in
1993, and lots of channels and lake mouth were dredge and dug out this year
and last year that means their value is questionable at best.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

"Craig" > wrote in message
> MS TerraServer now has color photos which are pretty cool. Below is an
> example of one of Jerry Barton's fishing holes (just one he uses), but you
> can see the rock piles, tree stumps, fall offs, etc. Zoom in for even
> better detail!
>
> http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?t=4&s=10&x=1718&y=23469&z=17&w=2
>
> --
> Craig Baugher
> Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Charles B. Summers
August 8th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Here's one of mine... and where I caught a couple of three pounders last
week. They were caught at the point. The channel runs along the wall (long
point) then heads to the lower side of the island. It's also a great place
to fish when the lake is at winter pool.

http://tinyurl.com/48cgw