PDA

View Full Version : Seaguar CarbonPro Rocks!!!!!!!

Bob La Londe
August 8th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I was using 8lb Seaguar Carbon Pro yesterday for fishing crank baits in weed
beds with some trees all day yesterday. The stuff is incredible. I never
had a fish break me off. I had to break off a coupel times by hand, and int
he water the stuff is tough. I cut my hands a couple times when I had to
break off for one reason or another. Hwne testing the stuff in hand the
knot seems to break like any other 8 pound line, but I can pull the boat
with it in the water. I am just so impressed with this stuff its
unbelievable. I may even spool a couple spare reel spools with this stuff in
6lb for fishing deep ultra clear water when I go to Meade or Powell.

I have used this stuff in weights from 8 to 20 pound and its pretty amazing
stuff. Yeah its expensive buts its worth it. On my spinning reels I have
taken to breaking off the first couple feet and retieing before a
tournament, but I don't respool until the line level starts to get a little
low to cast well. I haven't been disappointed by it even one time in any
weight. The stuff is amazing. I doubt I will ever go back to mono as long
as I can get it, and its available. I think I actually save money since I
don't find myself respooling every time I go out anymore.

I use 15lb for casting / pitching wacky rigged stick worms into heavy cover,
and amazed my partner at pulling out 3 and 4 pound fish with it. Its just
good stuff. I do this with medium heavy fast action St Croix spinning rods.

I have a couple of my flipping rigs spooled up with 20lb. When I need that
little extra distance or that little extra stealth I'll but down my rig
spooled with PowerPro and switch over to one of those rigged with CarbonPro.
Soemtimes it makes the difference. Especially when I'm fishing out of
somebody else's boat. I feel sorry for somebody fishing out of the back of
my boat though. If I accidently back boat them or the wind and curent
conditions prevent me from positioning the boat they are going to have to
come up to the front deck, becasue this stuff pitches further than any other
line I have used without going to a much lighter line.

Seaguar CarbonPro. Five Stars. Two Thumbs up. On a scale of 1-10 I give
it a solid 10.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

Chris Rennert
August 8th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Bob,

I will have to agree with you 100%, I have been using it for about 3 years
now for steelheading and have started using it for bass this year. I have
not used heavier than 10 yet, but I will probably spool one of my flippin
rods with 20lb just so some extra umph! in clearer water. The breaking
strenght is amazing, and if you ever use a ligther fluoro leader check out
Seaguar Grand Max, that stuff is really amazing, very expensive ($15 for
about 30m), but as leader material only it lasts quite a while.

Take care,

Chris Rennert
"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> I was using 8lb Seaguar Carbon Pro yesterday for fishing crank baits in
weed
> beds with some trees all day yesterday. The stuff is incredible. I never
> had a fish break me off. I had to break off a coupel times by hand, and
int
> he water the stuff is tough. I cut my hands a couple times when I had to
> break off for one reason or another. Hwne testing the stuff in hand the
> knot seems to break like any other 8 pound line, but I can pull the boat
> with it in the water. I am just so impressed with this stuff its
> unbelievable. I may even spool a couple spare reel spools with this stuff
in
> 6lb for fishing deep ultra clear water when I go to Meade or Powell.
>
> I have used this stuff in weights from 8 to 20 pound and its pretty
amazing
> stuff. Yeah its expensive buts its worth it. On my spinning reels I have
> taken to breaking off the first couple feet and retieing before a
> tournament, but I don't respool until the line level starts to get a
little
> low to cast well. I haven't been disappointed by it even one time in any
> weight. The stuff is amazing. I doubt I will ever go back to mono as
long
> as I can get it, and its available. I think I actually save money since I
> don't find myself respooling every time I go out anymore.
>
> I use 15lb for casting / pitching wacky rigged stick worms into heavy
cover,
> and amazed my partner at pulling out 3 and 4 pound fish with it. Its just
> good stuff. I do this with medium heavy fast action St Croix spinning
rods.

> I have a couple of my flipping rigs spooled up with 20lb. When I need
that
> little extra distance or that little extra stealth I'll but down my rig
> spooled with PowerPro and switch over to one of those rigged with
CarbonPro.
> Soemtimes it makes the difference. Especially when I'm fishing out of
> somebody else's boat. I feel sorry for somebody fishing out of the back
of
> my boat though. If I accidently back boat them or the wind and curent
> conditions prevent me from positioning the boat they are going to have to
> come up to the front deck, becasue this stuff pitches further than any
other
> line I have used without going to a much lighter line.
>
> Seaguar CarbonPro. Five Stars. Two Thumbs up. On a scale of 1-10 I give
> it a solid 10.
>
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com

go-bassn
August 9th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Be careful, if fleurocarbon has one downfall it's that it doesn't hold up
well in short-line scenarios like flippin. It tends to snap on the hookset
at close range.

IMHO there's no need for fleurocarbon while flippin anyway.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"Chris Rennert" > wrote in message
> [...]
> rods.
> >
> > I have a couple of my flipping rigs spooled up with 20lb. When I need
> that
> > little extra distance or that little extra stealth I'll but down my rig
> > spooled with PowerPro and switch over to one of those rigged with
> CarbonPro.
> > Soemtimes it makes the difference. Especially when I'm fishing out of
> > somebody else's boat. I feel sorry for somebody fishing out of the back
> of
> > my boat though. If I accidently back boat them or the wind and curent
> > conditions prevent me from positioning the boat they are going to have
> > come up to the front deck, becasue this stuff pitches further than any
> other
> > line I have used without going to a much lighter line.
> >
> > Seaguar CarbonPro. Five Stars. Two Thumbs up. On a scale of 1-10 I

Bob La Londe
August 10th, 2004, 12:26 AM
What brand of flouro did you have that happen with?

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> [...]
> > that
> > > little extra distance or that little extra stealth I'll but down my
rig
> > > spooled with PowerPro and switch over to one of those rigged with
> > CarbonPro.
> > > Soemtimes it makes the difference. Especially when I'm fishing out of
> > > somebody else's boat. I feel sorry for somebody fishing out of the
back
> > of
> > > my boat though. If I accidently back boat them or the wind and curent
> > > conditions prevent me from positioning the boat they are going to have
> > > come up to the front deck, becasue this stuff pitches further than any
> > other
> > > line I have used without going to a much lighter line.
> > >
> > > Seaguar CarbonPro. Five Stars. Two Thumbs up. On a scale of 1-10 I

go-bassn
August 10th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Seaguar, and every other one I've tried.

Flipping & close-range pitchin are "here's a bait in your face dare ya to
gulp it" techniques Bob. There is no need for fleurocarbon line there. If
the water's so clear that fleurocarbon line is required, you're not gonna be
so close to the bass that you'll be flippin & pitchin anyway, right?

I do my flippin with 17-30# green Stren.

Warren

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> What brand of flouro did you have that happen with?
>

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > Be careful, if fleurocarbon has one downfall it's that it doesn't hold
up
> > well in short-line scenarios like flippin. It tends to snap on the
> hookset
> > at close range.
> >
> > IMHO there's no need for fleurocarbon while flippin anyway.
> >
> > Warren
> > --
> > http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> > http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> > 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
> >

> > "Chris Rennert" > wrote in message
> > > Bob,
> > >
> > > I will have to agree with you 100%, I have been using it for about 3
> years
> > > now for steelheading and have started using it for bass this year. I
> have
> > > not used heavier than 10 yet, but I will probably spool one of my
> flippin
> > > rods with 20lb just so some extra umph! in clearer water. The breaking
> > > strenght is amazing, and if you ever use a ligther fluoro leader check
> out
> > > Seaguar Grand Max, that stuff is really amazing, very expensive ($15
for
> > > about 30m), but as leader material only it lasts quite a while.
> > >
> > > Take care,
> > >
> > > Chris Rennert
> in
> > > weed
> > never
> and
> > > int
> the
> boat
> > stuff
> > > in

> > > amazing
> > have
> > > little
> > any
> > > long
> since

> > > cover,
Its
> > just
> > > rods.

> > > that
> rig
> > > CarbonPro.
> back
> > > of
> > > other

> > give

Bob La Londe
August 10th, 2004, 06:50 PM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Seaguar, and every other one I've tried.
>
> Flipping & close-range pitchin are "here's a bait in your face dare ya to
> gulp it" techniques Bob. There is no need for fleurocarbon line there.
If
> the water's so clear that fleurocarbon line is required, you're not gonna
be
> so close to the bass that you'll be flippin & pitchin anyway, right?
>
> I do my flippin with 17-30# green Stren.
>
> Warren

I dunno. I have been using 20# Seaguar for flipping and pitching with good
results. Not because I need to deal with clear water, but because I have
had such bad luck lately with monos, and I just can the distance on a pitch
with Power Pro. I have my flipping sticks half spooled with PP and half
with CarbonPro. I switch back and forth depending on exactly what I am
doing.

> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > What brand of flouro did you have that happen with?
> >

> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > > Be careful, if fleurocarbon has one downfall it's that it doesn't hold
> up
> > > well in short-line scenarios like flippin. It tends to snap on the
> > hookset
> > > at close range.
> > >
> > > IMHO there's no need for fleurocarbon while flippin anyway.
> > >
> > > Warren
> > > --
> > > http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> > > http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> > > 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

> > years
> > have
> > flippin
> > out
> for

> > in
> > > never
> > and
> had
> > the
> > boat
> > > stuff
Powell.

> > > have
> in
> > > any
> as
> > since

> heavy
> Its
> > > just
> spinning

> need
> > rig
> of
> > back
> curent
> have
> any

> > > give

go-bassn
August 10th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Well, when you throw that fleuro shortline into those tullies & a sixer
grabs it, you'll see what I mean.

Warren ;-)