PDA

View Full Version : Strange comparison

RichZ
August 8th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Last weekend, I was disappointed in a 40 fish day. Today, I drop-shotted 18
bass from East Twin Lake and came away feeling really satisfied and happy.
Wierd. The average size was better, but I still didn't get a pig. My best 5
would have weighed just a little less than 14 pounds.

I think the difference was that last week the fish were on and catching
them was sinfully easy. Today was tough, post frontal conditions. There
were two club tourneys on the lake, and only one limit among them. Everyone
I saw was fishing shallow. I hit some shallow stuff early, but quickly
decided that it wasn't cutting it and picked up the drop shot rod and moved
deep. I caught bass from about 18 feet out to 32 feet, and the closest
thing I had to a "flurry" was 3 fish (plus one I dropped) in 20 minutes
beginning at about 2:30 and those were the deepest fish I caught all day.

It just felt really good figuring out something that worked when the
fishing was really tough for everyone on the lake. Plus the guy that went
with me had never drop shoted and he learned well enough to catch a 3 pound
smallie in addition to a couple smaller fish.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing