PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Goals for next year

Fritz Nordengren
November 11th, 2003, 12:35 AM
I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.

Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.

My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:

Fishing 100 days

Using a C-rig more as a search bait

Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
nighter's)

I have some other non-bass goals, too.

Anyone else make goals and care to share?

Andrew Kidd
November 11th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Catch a fish dropshotting...

It looks so good, but I haven't found a day to make it work on yet....not
because it's a weak method, just a weak effort...

Could also use a little work on deeper bass in the 15+ foot range.

--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
> the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.
>
> Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
> end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
>
> My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:
>
> Fishing 100 days
>
> Using a C-rig more as a search bait
>
> Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
> aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
> nighter's)
>
> I have some other non-bass goals, too.
>
> Anyone else make goals and care to share?

Steve Erwin
November 11th, 2003, 01:32 AM
Get my grand-daughter on the water more and catfish. 4 year olds aint got
the patience for bass fishing yet :). Find a way to get my partner(wife)
back to bass fishing. 4 year old is taking too much of her time :). Convince
said wife that grand-daughter can go fishin with me during the week while
she works, BIG :). Seems like the only time the weather is ideal is during
the week.
Catch one over 10#.
Find a club close by that fishes tourney on Saturdays.

"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
> the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.
>
> Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
> end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
>
> My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:
>
> Fishing 100 days
>
> Using a C-rig more as a search bait
>
> Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
> aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
> nighter's)
>
> I have some other non-bass goals, too.
>
> Anyone else make goals and care to share?

Charles B. Summers
November 11th, 2003, 02:47 AM
Fish more often
Actually win money for "bass" in our club
Convince my son to fish with me (he'll be five next summer)
Become confident with a carolina rig
Sell lots of spinnerbaits by "example"
Break my lake record of 5.9lbs
Concentrate on Smallmouths more often
Fish the river!

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
> the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.
>
> Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
> end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
>
> My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:
>
> Fishing 100 days
>
> Using a C-rig more as a search bait
>
> Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
> aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
> nighter's)
>
> I have some other non-bass goals, too.
>
> Anyone else make goals and care to share?

J Buck
November 11th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Fish more often, catch more fish. What else is there? LoL

John Kerr
November 11th, 2003, 03:56 AM
Go look up some old friends I havn't seen in a while, wet a line and
tell some "sea stories"!

JK

Bob Rickard
November 11th, 2003, 04:39 AM
My goal: to finally get healthy enough to actually go out & fish!

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
> the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.
>
> Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
> end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
>
> My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:
>
> Fishing 100 days
>
> Using a C-rig more as a search bait
>
> Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
> aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
> nighter's)
>
> I have some other non-bass goals, too.
>
> Anyone else make goals and care to share?

Gone Angling
November 11th, 2003, 02:21 PM
In a temporal perspective i would like to turn the poor fishing months into
good fishing months. I would also like to become more atuned to the esoteric
features of fishing.

Brad Coovert
November 11th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Actually learn to drop shot. I guess I will have to go out this summer and
only take drop shots and force myself to do it.

Fish deeper water more with a variety of deeper, heavier baits.

Fish spinnerbaits more often.

Go fun fish more, because a tourney is not the time to experiment with the
above things.

Oh yeah, out crank Andrew Kidd just one time, and not with the "other fish" or
old fishing line. :-)

Brad Coovert, 2003 Tournament Director, Greenfield Bassmasters
Please visit our sponsors:
http://www.geocities.com/greenfieldbass/WelcomeToOurSponsorPage.htm

kenneth blevins
November 11th, 2003, 04:39 PM
My goal for next year is simply to learn to fish deeper water,regardless of
the type of bait I'm using. Cranks spinner baits or plastics
"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote in
message ...
> Fish more often
> Actually win money for "bass" in our club
> Convince my son to fish with me (he'll be five next summer)
> Become confident with a carolina rig
> Sell lots of spinnerbaits by "example"
> Break my lake record of 5.9lbs
> Concentrate on Smallmouths more often
> Fish the river!
>
> --
> Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> www.midtennclassic.org
> "Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> > I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
> > the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.
> >
> > Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
> > end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
> >
> > My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:
> >
> > Fishing 100 days
> >
> > Using a C-rig more as a search bait
> >
> > Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
> > aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
> > nighter's)
> >
> > I have some other non-bass goals, too.
> >
> > Anyone else make goals and care to share?

Craig Bauer
November 11th, 2003, 11:48 PM
My goals for 2004 are clear:

1. Fish all the Belleville TNT Tournaments
2. Fish Michigan BFL Division as Boater
3. Join SEMBA
4. Fish Michigan Federation Tournaments

Since I have been out of the loop for almost two years, my main
objective is simple. Make the top 10 in all four of the above. If I
can do that, I will be more than satisfied.

--
Craig Bauer a.k.a Baugher
Just to help people pronounce the name correctly.

BassMr.
November 12th, 2003, 12:02 AM
To actually fish with some of these guys that live 30 minutes from me and to
catch the world record largemouth and smallmout! Aim High I always say!

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
November 12th, 2003, 12:11 AM
"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message news:v9Wrb.166201$Fm2.144367@attbi_s04...
> I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
> the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.
>
> Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
> end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
>
> My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:
>
> Fishing 100 days
>
> Using a C-rig more as a search bait
>
> Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
> aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
> nighter's)
>
> I have some other non-bass goals, too.
>
> Anyone else make goals and care to share?

This is a good question and one that I've been pondering for several days now, since I first read
it. Typically, I don't have "organized" and well thought out goals. Things I'd like to do are:

Fish more with my kids. They're getting older and more scattered, it's getting harder and harder
each year.

Fish more varieties of soft plastics instead of catching bass on Secret Weapons and soft jerkbaits.
Carolina rigs, dropshot, t-rigs, etc.

Learn to fish more deep water.

Break the 7 pound mark with smallmouth.

Crankbait more.

Fish AFRICA and SOUTH AMERICA!!!!

It's not bass related, but I'd like to break the 50" mark on muskies. I've gotten to 49.75", but
not 50"

Break 12 pounds on a walleye.

--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

John Kerr
November 12th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Re: Fishing Goals for next year

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Wed, Nov 12, 2003, 12:02am
(CST+6) From: (BassMr.)
To actually fish with some of these guys that live 30 minutes from me
and to catch the world record largemouth and smallmout! Aim High I
always say!
=====
Be quick on that LM world record.....I'm going out to California in
March, and me and the kid are going "hunting" <g>!
JK

Dark Knight
November 12th, 2003, 02:08 AM
My Goals for 2004 (Not all Bass though):

1) Win a fishing tournament and get MONEY for it!!!

2) Catch a smallmouth bass big enough to take a picture of.

3) Catch a bigger musky than Steve - while standing in HIS boat!

4) Make it to an ROFB Classic Tournament

5) Catch a catfish that weighs more than one of my children.

5.5) Lady DK: If this requires another child, so be it!

6) Land a fish on TV - even if I have to stand on one to do so.

7) Enjoy every single moment on the water as much as I've enjoyed making
this list.

8) Learn how to tune a piano 'cause I can't tuna fish. (Courtesy one of my
children...It better be a big catfish...)

DK

"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
> the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.
>
> Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
> end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
>
> My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:
>
> Fishing 100 days
>
> Using a C-rig more as a search bait
>
> Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
> aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
> nighter's)
>
> I have some other non-bass goals, too.
>
> Anyone else make goals and care to share?

go-bassn
November 12th, 2003, 03:53 AM
My goals:

1) to weigh-in a Boom Lake Bass

2) to make the cut in a BASS tournament

3) to get in a new boat

4) to fish more with my kid

That's enough goals.

Warren
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
> the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.
>
> Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
> end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
>
> My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:
>
> Fishing 100 days
>
> Using a C-rig more as a search bait
>
> Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
> aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
> nighter's)
>
> I have some other non-bass goals, too.
>
> Anyone else make goals and care to share?

Jerry Barton
November 12th, 2003, 06:52 AM
If you have to go looking for a partner for some of these events, give ole'
Jerry a call.
--
Jerry Barton
www.jerrys-world.com

"Craig Bauer" > wrote in message
om...
> My goals for 2004 are clear:
>
> 1. Fish all the Belleville TNT Tournaments
> 2. Fish Michigan BFL Division as Boater
> 3. Join SEMBA
> 4. Fish Michigan Federation Tournaments
>
> Since I have been out of the loop for almost two years, my main
> objective is simple. Make the top 10 in all four of the above. If I
> can do that, I will be more than satisfied.
>
> --
> Craig Bauer a.k.a Baugher
> Just to help people pronounce the name correctly.

G. M. Zimmermann
November 12th, 2003, 09:29 AM
WOW, WHERE TO START...!
First, thanks to everyone here for all the great advise, I've accomplished
alot this year. For next year, there are a few lakes I wanted to hit this year
that I just didn't get to. I'd like to take my oldest son fishing more (he'll
be five in March). I'd like to introduce my triplets to fishing next year
(they'll be three in july. one boy, 2 girls. Yes, I'm more than likely
insane)
I'd like to take my dad fishing a few times, instead of makeing him take
me like I did every saturday when I was growing up.
I'd like to try to catch fish drop shotting and on a c-rig. Catch a
largemouth over 18", catch a smallmouth over 24". I'm sure theres more, but
thats all I can think of right now.

-Zimmy

alwaysfishking
November 12th, 2003, 11:45 AM
1) upgrade the puddle pusher
2) make at least three sal****er trips for big game fish
3) fish at least 5 lakes that I did not fish last year.
4) start to teach the kids how to use a baitcaster( this will happen after I
teach myself a little more : -0
5) Replace my beloved South Bend phase two reel.. "I'm gonna miss you man"
6) Win a ROFB Classic from the back of Charles boat, second place won't do
now
7) Win a ROFB classic from the back of Charles boat with more than 3 fish
over a two day period, might have to be Okee cause Boom can't be relied
upon.
8) Teach a kid to fish
9) Fish with Harry more.
10) Win a team tourney( any P.A anglers looking to help me with this?)
Warren can you hear me!!!!!!!
11) Try to use the phrase "fishing is gay" a little less, this is only
uttered when I don't catch fish or when a cell phone is dropped in the
water, (two phones in two years)
12) Catch more fish on drop shots and crankbaits.
13) Continue to deny the urge to respond to "AL"
14) Get a Steve Huber airport security scanner.. : -)

No particular order, but most are legit things I would like to accomplish.
Good post Fritz seems to have gotten the group jumpstarted.

Randy-
"G. M. Zimmermann" > wrote in message
> WOW, WHERE TO START...!
> First, thanks to everyone here for all the great advise, I've
accomplished
> alot this year. For next year, there are a few lakes I wanted to hit this
year
> that I just didn't get to. I'd like to take my oldest son fishing more
(he'll
> be five in March). I'd like to introduce my triplets to fishing next year
> (they'll be three in july. one boy, 2 girls. Yes, I'm more than likely
> insane)
> I'd like to take my dad fishing a few times, instead of makeing him
take
> me like I did every saturday when I was growing up.
> I'd like to try to catch fish drop shotting and on a c-rig. Catch a
> largemouth over 18", catch a smallmouth over 24". I'm sure theres more,
but
> thats all I can think of right now.
>
> -Zimmy

RichZ
November 12th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Goals for 2004:

1> survive to 2005.

2> Get my grandkids out fishing with me more than once each.

3> Fish Champlain more. I had planned to fish it twice a month from June
through October this year, but I came up about 4 trips short.

4> Finish my next book.

5> Fish a few more of the places I used to fish but haven't been to in
years.

6> Spend more time in the river catching stripers.

7> Catch a false albacore in the salt.

8> break the 30 pound mark with a striper in the salt and a toothy critter
in fresh water.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Kevin Hare
November 12th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Fritz Nordengren > wrote in message news:<v9Wrb.166201$Fm2.144367@attbi_s04>...
> I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
> the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.
>
> Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
> end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
>
> My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:
>
> Fishing 100 days
>
> Using a C-rig more as a search bait
>
> Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
> aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
> nighter's)
>
> I have some other non-bass goals, too.
>
> Anyone else make goals and care to share?

******
This is a simple question to answer, I would like to first of all

1. Get out fishing more than 7 days a year

2. And try to get together with my ROFB friends more often. At least
once next year anyway!

I can go from there!

Heavy

Rich Conley
November 12th, 2003, 06:13 PM
1. Catch anything on a spinnerbait.
2. Take the canoe out more often.
3. Improve my baitcasting skills.
4. Catch a 6-plus pounder (tough up here in MA)
5. Catch some big cats
6. Catch a striper 40+ inches
7. Get out in the salt more in the spring.

Fritz Nordengren wrote:

> I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
> the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.
>
> Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
> end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
>
> My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:
>
> Fishing 100 days
>
> Using a C-rig more as a search bait
>
> Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
> aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
> nighter's)
>
> I have some other non-bass goals, too.
>
> Anyone else make goals and care to share?

Thundercat
November 13th, 2003, 12:02 AM
My primary goal for next year is to simply get out fishing more often.

Secondary goals in no particular order:

1: Get a boat. Nothing fancy, just something that will allow me to get out
and pre-fish tournaments on my own.

2: Enter more tournaments. i.e.: Federation, militaries, buddy, etc...

3: Learn to locate and fish deeper hawg haunts.

4: Cash a tournament check at least once.

5: Catch a bass on a jig 'n pig.

6: Get a boat.

--
Harry J. aka Thundercat

Dickie Greenleaf
November 13th, 2003, 04:01 AM
5 lbs... 5 lbs.... 5lbs!! Too many 4lb.+ to count this season, with 2 just
missing at 4.9. Rats.

Quit relying on soft plastics, and toss more spinnerbaits / crankbaits /
jigs.

Put some benches in the inflatable puddle jumper.

Fish more!

______
Dickie

"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
> the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.
>
> Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
> end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
>
> My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:
>
> Fishing 100 days
>
> Using a C-rig more as a search bait
>
> Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
> aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
> nighter's)
>
> I have some other non-bass goals, too.
>
> Anyone else make goals and care to share?

Craig Bauer
November 13th, 2003, 04:46 AM
You're On Jerry!

--
Craig Bauer

Josh
November 13th, 2003, 05:40 AM
1. Fish with my children and number 1 grandson more.
2. Teach my best partner, Judy to fish a baitcaster
3. Get to the Mid Tn. Classic and win with her.
4. To be more thankful for the blessings I have including membership in this
group
5. To be less judgemental on the water

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
November 14th, 2003, 12:44 AM
"Dark Knight" > wrote in message ...
> My Goals for 2004 (Not all Bass though):
>
> 1) Win a fishing tournament and get MONEY for it!!!

***That's always a good one.

> 2) Catch a smallmouth bass big enough to take a picture of.

***Easily done, just come to Rhinelander and I'll put you on some smallies that will fit the bill.

> 3) Catch a bigger musky than Steve - while standing in HIS boat!

***If you do that, I don't know who will be happier, you or me.

> 4) Make it to an ROFB Classic Tournament

***Ahem, and how many times did I tell you to get on down here?

> 5) Catch a catfish that weighs more than one of my children.

If your kids are like mine, that would be one BIG catfish!!!

> 5.5) Lady DK: If this requires another child, so be it!

***I want to be around when you bring up the suggestion. It should be interesting seeing/hearing
her reaction!

> 6) Land a fish on TV - even if I have to stand on one to do so.

***I can help you there, all it takes is money and/or sponsors.........

> 7) Enjoy every single moment on the water as much as I've enjoyed making
> this list.

***What??? You don't do this already? DK, we have to talk!

> 8) Learn how to tune a piano 'cause I can't tuna fish. (Courtesy one of my
> children...It better be a big catfish...)

***You and Joe Walsh have the same problem.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Brian G
November 14th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Hey Fritz,
There is a club in Osceola that holds a Wed. night tourney through the
summers on West Lake. I never fished the Wed. tourneys there but did fish
one weekend tournament on that lake this year and we did great. Caught about
20 keepers that day between me and my partner, not a single short fish all
day. The Wed. tournaments are a one fish takes all tournament, largest
single fish.
If your interested drop me an email in the spring and I'll get more details
for you. I'm planning on fishing it a few times myself next year.

--
Brian

"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> I know for some of you, there is still plenty of 2003 to fish, but for
> the rest of us, the season is over or quickly icing over.
>
> Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them at the
> end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
>
> My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:
>
> Fishing 100 days
>
> Using a C-rig more as a search bait
>
> Fish a few more local tourneys (my wife works saturdays and the kids
> aren't quite old enough to be left alone, so I need to find some Tuesday
> nighter's)
>
> I have some other non-bass goals, too.
>
> Anyone else make goals and care to share?

RGarri7470
November 15th, 2003, 02:29 AM
Fritz wrote >> Do you make goals for your fishing, and if so, do you make them
at the
>> end of your season, or the beginning of the next season.
>>
>> My goals for 2004 bass fishing include:

And my goals - Goals:

1. Win every tournament I enter

2. Fish Wisconsin for two weeks in September

3. Go fishing every day I want to

4. Post new articles on my site that help other fishermen.

5. Sell one of my bass boats.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Craig Bauer
November 15th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Ronnie Wrote: "5. Sell one of my bass boats."

Speaking out of jealousy, how many bass boats does one own?

--
Craig Bauer
a.k.a Baugher

RGarri7470
November 15th, 2003, 05:21 PM
>Speaking out of jealousy, how many bass boats does one own?
>

>--
>Craig Bauer
>a.k.a Baugher

I have two - long story but when my 200 on my Stratos locked up I bought an new
225 and put on it - got a real good deal. Then realized the Stratos was rated
for a 200 and I could not use it in the state top six. Found a Javelin rated
for a 225 and put the 225 on it and had the 200 rebuilt and put back on the
Stratos. So I have two boats - both are up for sale and I will keep the one
that doesn't sell - or keep both, it looks like! Nice to have a spare.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

go-bassn
November 15th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Hey Harry, my red Stratos is for sale...

Warren

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
et...
> My primary goal for next year is to simply get out fishing more often.
>
> Secondary goals in no particular order:
>
> 1: Get a boat. Nothing fancy, just something that will allow me to get out
> and pre-fish tournaments on my own.
>
> 2: Enter more tournaments. i.e.: Federation, militaries, buddy, etc...
>
> 3: Learn to locate and fish deeper hawg haunts.
>
> 4: Cash a tournament check at least once.
>
> 5: Catch a bass on a jig 'n pig.
>
> 6: Get a boat.
>
> --
> Harry J. aka Thundercat

alwayfishking
November 17th, 2003, 02:48 PM
I'm happy when I find an extra pack of senko's I have forgotten about. :)