PDA

View Full Version : Built a Bass DataBase....Need Input

Eddie Schmidt
November 11th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Hi,
I just got done putting the finishing touches on my new website....http://www.BassFishingLog.com .(Remember it's in the infant stage, so report any bugs if you come across any.)

Here's how it works, It's a COMMUNITY Bass Fishing Log Book (website), setup so that you can input your log information right on the webpage, your data alone with everyone elses is saved in a SEARCHABLE database. So if you wanted to know what kind of success someone had fishing rip-rap when the water temp was in the 70's, you could find out.

Some of the data you'll be able to input is: State, month, body of water, water temp, clarity, lures, structure, depth you caught fish, weather and misc. comments.

It's EASY and after we get a pile of data, it'll be a great tool for finding bass fishing information. So if you get a chance I'd appreciate it if you guys could visit the site and input some of your log data. It doesn't even need to be recent data. Thanks alot and tell your friends.
ED
Alternate address:
http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/basep...=add&range=0,15

Josh
November 11th, 2003, 10:27 PM
Ed,
Great idea, but I clicked on your hyperlink and got a "URL Not Found"
message. Thought you should know.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
November 12th, 2003, 12:18 AM
"Josh" > wrote in message ...
> Ed,
> Great idea, but I clicked on your hyperlink and got a "URL Not Found"
> message. Thought you should know.

I tried both the hyperlink and the url listed, got the same.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Brad Coovert
November 12th, 2003, 03:15 AM

>"Josh" > wrote in message
>> Ed,
>> Great idea, but I clicked on your hyperlink and got a "URL Not Found"
>> message. Thought you should know.
>
>I tried both the hyperlink and the url listed, got the same.
>--

I got through and it's a pretty good site.

Brad
Brad Coovert, 2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
Please visit our sponsors:
http://www.geocities.com/greenfieldbass/WelcomeToOurSponsorPage.htm

TNBass
November 12th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Worked fine for me. Good job, Eddie. Once it grows to several thousand
records, it should become a valuable research and planning tool.
--
TNBass
---
"Eddie Schmidt" > wrote in message
Hi,
I just got done putting the finishing touches on my new website....
http://www.BassFishingLog.com <snip>

A man
November 12th, 2003, 07:40 PM
Neat idea. But how are you going to search for a range of
temperatures of you have non-numeric data in the temp field?
Some people enter "80's" instead of 85.

--
"Tis better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and
remove all doubt."

Josh
November 13th, 2003, 05:26 AM
Eddie, Can you repost link? I still keep getting URL not found on orig.
Thanks

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear