PDA

View Full Version : anybody home

Steve Dressler
August 12th, 2004, 10:19 PM
hello?

Rodney
August 13th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Steve Dressler wrote:

> hello?

no

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Rodney
August 13th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Steve Dressler wrote:

> hello?

no

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Steve Jensen
August 13th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Time for a roll call?
Steve J. in Clovis, CA where it is 107F today.

Went out for 3 hours this morning- caught a couple 3# channels and
6 small stripers.

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:19:53 -0500, "Steve Dressler"
> wrote:

>hello?

Steve Jensen
August 13th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Time for a roll call?
Steve J. in Clovis, CA where it is 107F today.

Went out for 3 hours this morning- caught a couple 3# channels and
6 small stripers.

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:19:53 -0500, "Steve Dressler"
> wrote:

>hello?

Rodney
August 13th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Steve Jensen wrote:
> Time for a roll call?
> Steve J. in Clovis, CA where it is 107F today.
>
> Went out for 3 hours this morning- caught a couple 3# channels and
> 6 small stripers.

Rodney
Trying to pass a kidney stone, been trying for 8 days
--

Steve Jensen wrote:
> Time for a roll call?
> Steve J. in Clovis, CA where it is 107F today.
>
> Went out for 3 hours this morning- caught a couple 3# channels and
> 6 small stripers.

Rodney
Trying to pass a kidney stone, been trying for 8 days
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

RGarri7470
August 13th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Still hanging in there in Georgia - not fishing much, too hot!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Ol Stinkbait
August 13th, 2004, 02:44 AM
osb here in Dallas Tx. Has been HOT,but a coool front hit today that
will last for a few days, lakes are full,creeks are fat and fishin is
good. The shad are a little sporadic this year? Having to use the 12
foot net.---Lordy Rod,You been havin hell with those stones for years! I
feel for ya!!! Glad to see Steve and Ronnie is still alive! Feels good
to be back on line again! osb

Ol Stinkbait
August 13th, 2004, 02:44 AM
osb here in Dallas Tx. Has been HOT,but a coool front hit today that
will last for a few days, lakes are full,creeks are fat and fishin is
good. The shad are a little sporadic this year? Having to use the 12
foot net.---Lordy Rod,You been havin hell with those stones for years! I
feel for ya!!! Glad to see Steve and Ronnie is still alive! Feels good
to be back on line again! osb

Rodney
August 13th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Ol Stinkbait wrote:

> osb here in Dallas Tx. Has been HOT,but a coool front hit today that
> will last for a few days, lakes are full,creeks are fat and fishin is
> good. The shad are a little sporadic this year? Having to use the 12
> foot net.---Lordy Rod,You been havin hell with those stones for years! I
> feel for ya!!!

This is number 67, in the last 30 years

I have three more in the kidney, just hanging in there, until they get
big enough to hurt like hell when I pass them
--

RGarri7470 wrote:

> Still hanging in there in Georgia - not fishing much, too hot!
> Ronnie
>
> http://fishing.about.com

Ronnie, I want to see a bigger picture of that big head carp
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

RGarri7470
August 15th, 2004, 01:25 AM
>Ronnie, I want to see a bigger picture of that big head carp
>--
>Rodney Long,

I just posted three bigger pictures of it at
http://fishing.about.com/library/weekly/brb/blbrbbighead.htm
Any of them near you in Alabama yet?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
August 15th, 2004, 01:25 AM
>Ronnie, I want to see a bigger picture of that big head carp
>--
>Rodney Long,

I just posted three bigger pictures of it at
http://fishing.about.com/library/weekly/brb/blbrbbighead.htm
Any of them near you in Alabama yet?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Rodney
August 15th, 2004, 03:22 AM
RGarri7470 wrote:

>>Ronnie, I want to see a bigger picture of that big head carp
>>--
>>Rodney Long,
>

> I just posted three bigger pictures of it at
> http://fishing.about.com/library/weekly/brb/blbrbbighead.htm
> Any of them near you in Alabama yet?

I've never seen one, are they an import ?

That's a weird fish with the low eyes

What do you use for bait,, large mouth bass ?

--

RGarri7470 wrote:

>>Ronnie, I want to see a bigger picture of that big head carp
>>--
>>Rodney Long,
>

> I just posted three bigger pictures of it at
> http://fishing.about.com/library/weekly/brb/blbrbbighead.htm
> Any of them near you in Alabama yet?

I've never seen one, are they an import ?

That's a weird fish with the low eyes

What do you use for bait,, large mouth bass ?

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

RGarri7470
August 15th, 2004, 11:15 PM
>I've never seen one, are they an import ?
>
>That's a weird fish with the low eyes
>
>What do you use for bait,, large mouth bass ?
>

>--
>Rodney Long,
They were brought in from Asia as a food fish and got loose - they infest many
of the Mississippi tributaries now, including the Ohio, Tennessee and
Cumberland Rivers. They are algae feeders - they have big mouths and "gulp"
large amounts of water and filter out the microorganisms. I let a Fluke float
with the current and it went into this one's mouth - accidently I suspect, but
I set the hook anyway.

One bad habit they have is jumping straight up when scared, as in when a bass
boat or other boat goes zooming by. I have heard two people were killed when
they jumped and hit someone in the boat in the head.

I also have a picture of the new world record bighead shot by bow on my site.
Not sure how much it weighed - looks huge!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
August 15th, 2004, 11:15 PM
>I've never seen one, are they an import ?
>
>That's a weird fish with the low eyes
>
>What do you use for bait,, large mouth bass ?
>

>--
>Rodney Long,
They were brought in from Asia as a food fish and got loose - they infest many
of the Mississippi tributaries now, including the Ohio, Tennessee and
Cumberland Rivers. They are algae feeders - they have big mouths and "gulp"
large amounts of water and filter out the microorganisms. I let a Fluke float
with the current and it went into this one's mouth - accidently I suspect, but
I set the hook anyway.

One bad habit they have is jumping straight up when scared, as in when a bass
boat or other boat goes zooming by. I have heard two people were killed when
they jumped and hit someone in the boat in the head.

I also have a picture of the new world record bighead shot by bow on my site.
Not sure how much it weighed - looks huge!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Rodney
August 15th, 2004, 11:23 PM
RGarri7470 wrote:

> I also have a picture of the new world record bighead shot by bow on my site.
> Not sure how much it weighed - looks huge!

That's the "one" I wanted to see the bigger photo of
--

RGarri7470 wrote:

> I also have a picture of the new world record bighead shot by bow on my site.
> Not sure how much it weighed - looks huge!

That's the "one" I wanted to see the bigger photo of
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

RGarri7470
August 16th, 2004, 04:15 PM
> I also have a picture of the new world record bighead shot by bow on my
>site.
>> Not sure how much it weighed - looks huge!
>
>That's the "one" I wanted to see the bigger photo of
>--
>Rodney Long,

Sorry, I deleted the original when I made it small enough to fit on the article
page.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
August 16th, 2004, 04:15 PM
> I also have a picture of the new world record bighead shot by bow on my
>site.
>> Not sure how much it weighed - looks huge!
>
>That's the "one" I wanted to see the bigger photo of
>--
>Rodney Long,

Sorry, I deleted the original when I made it small enough to fit on the article
page.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Rodney
August 16th, 2004, 11:47 PM
RGarri7470 wrote:

>>I also have a picture of the new world record bighead shot by bow on my
>>site.
>>
>>>Not sure how much it weighed - looks huge!
>>
>>That's the "one" I wanted to see the bigger photo of
>>--
>>Rodney Long,
>

> Sorry, I deleted the original when I made it small enough to fit on the article
> page.

YOU DELEATED THE WORLD'S RECORD ?????????????????

:-)