PDA

View Full Version : Tough day on the Hudson

RGarri7470
August 13th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Warren is tied for 49th with 2 bass weighing 2-15 after day one - only took 5-9
to make top ten on no boaters side.
http://espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/s/tourn_04_Open_NY_Northern_Hudson_
stand_day1.html
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RichZ
August 13th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Gotta watch out for Bill Alexander, currently in 3rd place on the pro side.
Knows the Hudson between Kingston and Albany as well as anyone, and is a
very skilled angler. My kind of fisherman, he's good at finding
concentrations and scratching every possible bite out of an are with a few
fish in it. Terry Baksay, on the other hand, also up in the top ten, is
more adept at finding biters and not worrying about extracting the tough
ones. Gluzek's got the big lead based on catching a pig today. 18 pounds is
a big limit on the Hudson these days, and it gives him a 5 pound lead over
2nd place.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
August 13th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Gotta watch out for Bill Alexander, currently in 3rd place on the pro side.
Knows the Hudson between Kingston and Albany as well as anyone, and is a
very skilled angler. My kind of fisherman, he's good at finding
concentrations and scratching every possible bite out of an are with a few
fish in it. Terry Baksay, on the other hand, also up in the top ten, is
more adept at finding biters and not worrying about extracting the tough
ones. Gluzek's got the big lead based on catching a pig today. 18 pounds is
a big limit on the Hudson these days, and it gives him a 5 pound lead over
2nd place.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Marty
August 13th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Wasn't Warren a boater last year? If yes, why'd he switch to non-boater?

Philip Goodwin
August 13th, 2004, 04:19 PM
"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Gotta watch out for Bill Alexander, currently in 3rd >place on the pro
side.
> Knows the Hudson between Kingston and Albany as >well as anyone, and is a
> very skilled angler.

I agree Rich. I have fished with Bill a few times and he is very capable of
winning this thing.

> Gluzek's got the big lead based on catching a pig today. >18 pounds is a
big limit on the Hudson these days

His big fish was VERY BIG. He was one of the first to weigh-in and set a
very high standard. As you said, 18 pounds is very hard to come across on
the river now days.
It rained harder than I have ever seen at the weigh-in yesterday and also
this morning. I rode over the Catskill Creek on my way to our bass club
meeting last night and it was already chocolate brown. The rest of the week
should be very interesting.

Phil Goodwin

Philip Goodwin
August 13th, 2004, 04:19 PM

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Gotta watch out for Bill Alexander, currently in 3rd >place on the pro
side.
> Knows the Hudson between Kingston and Albany as >well as anyone, and is a
> very skilled angler.

I agree Rich. I have fished with Bill a few times and he is very capable of
winning this thing.

> Gluzek's got the big lead based on catching a pig today. >18 pounds is a
big limit on the Hudson these days

His big fish was VERY BIG. He was one of the first to weigh-in and set a
very high standard. As you said, 18 pounds is very hard to come across on
the river now days.
It rained harder than I have ever seen at the weigh-in yesterday and also
this morning. I rode over the Catskill Creek on my way to our bass club
meeting last night and it was already chocolate brown. The rest of the week
should be very interesting.

Phil Goodwin

RichZ
August 13th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Marty wrote:
> If yes, why'd he switch to non-boater?

Didn't get drawn to be a boater this year when he entered them.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
August 13th, 2004, 06:26 PM