PDA

View Full Version : Weird Catch on a Sticko??

Pat_RI
November 12th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone had this happen to them before? I was fishing a
local lake last week and caught a rainbow trout on a 7" Sticko (Senko
imitation). I was shocked as hell because I have been using Senkos for
several years now and have never had this happen. Drop me an email and let
me know what you think about this. I believe it was just a fluke.

Dickie Greenleaf
November 12th, 2003, 11:06 PM
I haven't caught any trout on Senkos, but plenty of bluegill, crappie, rock
bass, warmouth, catfish, and a nice 26" walleye in October.

_______
Dickie

"Pat_RI" > wrote in message
> Just wondering if anyone had this happen to them before? I was fishing a
> local lake last week and caught a rainbow trout on a 7" Sticko (Senko
> imitation). I was shocked as hell because I have been using Senkos for
> several years now and have never had this happen. Drop me an email and
let
> me know what you think about this. I believe it was just a fluke.

John M
November 13th, 2003, 06:33 AM
what is a warmouth? a bowfin?
john

"Dickie Greenleaf" > wrote in message
> I haven't caught any trout on Senkos, but plenty of bluegill, crappie,
rock
> bass, warmouth, catfish, and a nice 26" walleye in October.
>
> _______
> Dickie
>
> "Pat_RI" > wrote in message
> > Just wondering if anyone had this happen to them before? I was fishing
> > local lake last week and caught a rainbow trout on a 7" Sticko (Senko
> > imitation). I was shocked as hell because I have been using Senkos for
> > several years now and have never had this happen. Drop me an email and
> let
> > me know what you think about this. I believe it was just a fluke.

doS
November 13th, 2003, 12:23 PM
I thought a fluke was another type of bait ;-)

"Pat_RI" > wrote in message
> Just wondering if anyone had this happen to them before? I was fishing a
> local lake last week and caught a rainbow trout on a 7" Sticko (Senko
> imitation). I was shocked as hell because I have been using Senkos for
> several years now and have never had this happen. Drop me an email and
let
> me know what you think about this. I believe it was just a fluke.

RGarri7470
November 13th, 2003, 03:40 PM
>what is a warmouth? a bowfin?
>john

A warmouth is a sunfish that looks a lot like a rock bass.

A bowfin is also called a mudfish, grinnel, dog fish and a lot of other names I
can't put here. They have wide mouths with spiky teeth, a fin that seems to run
all the way down their back and are shapped something like a skinny bass.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Rich Conley
November 13th, 2003, 07:46 PM
caught about a 26" rainbow on a chug bug earlier this year. Surprosed the hell
out of me.

Pat_RI wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone had this happen to them before? I was fishing a
> local lake last week and caught a rainbow trout on a 7" Sticko (Senko
> imitation). I was shocked as hell because I have been using Senkos for
> several years now and have never had this happen. Drop me an email and let
> me know what you think about this. I believe it was just a fluke.

RichZ
November 13th, 2003, 10:27 PM
John wrote:
> what is a warmouth?

It's a member of the sunfish family.

http://shorterlink.com/?ERTPNX

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

alwaysfishking
November 14th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Caught a snake on a senko
"Rich Conley" > wrote in message
.. .
> caught about a 26" rainbow on a chug bug earlier this year. Surprosed the
hell
> out of me.
>
> Pat_RI wrote:
>
> > Just wondering if anyone had this happen to them before? I was fishing
> > local lake last week and caught a rainbow trout on a 7" Sticko (Senko
> > imitation). I was shocked as hell because I have been using Senkos for
> > several years now and have never had this happen. Drop me an email and
let
> > me know what you think about this. I believe it was just a fluke.

Bob Rickard
November 14th, 2003, 01:16 PM
How did you ever get that thing on a stringer? ;-)

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

"alwaysfishking" <alwaysfishking@ nospam.epix.net> wrote in message
> Caught a snake on a senko
> "Rich Conley" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > caught about a 26" rainbow on a chug bug earlier this year. Surprosed
the
> hell
> > out of me.
> >
> > Pat_RI wrote:
> >
> > > Just wondering if anyone had this happen to them before? I was
fishing
> > > local lake last week and caught a rainbow trout on a 7" Sticko (Senko
> > > imitation). I was shocked as hell because I have been using Senkos
for
> > > several years now and have never had this happen. Drop me an email
and
> let
> > > me know what you think about this. I believe it was just a fluke.

G. M. Zimmermann
November 16th, 2003, 11:55 AM
I've never heard of a trout hitting anything that big before, but I have used
small sized slug-o's, fin-S fish and other soft plastic jerk baits with some
success on trout. How big was the trout you caught? If it was feeding on
similar sized baitfish, I can believe trout would go for a sticko.
Of course, trout will gobble up any nightcrawler, so if you were fishing
it in a color and in a maner that might imitate a live worm, its easy to
believe a trout would take it.

-Zimmy

alwayfishking
November 17th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Stringer? Nah I just chased Harry around watching him scream like a school
girl with a skinned knee, wasn't even hooked, just would not let go of the
darn thing...(did I type darn?), Just as I was about to smack the snake on
the water ..it must have realized what was going to happen and decided it
was time to give up the meal.
"Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
igy.com...
> How did you ever get that thing on a stringer? ;-)
>
> --
> Bob Rickard
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> --------------------------<=x O')))><
>

> "alwaysfishking" <alwaysfishking@ nospam.epix.net> wrote in message
> > Caught a snake on a senko
> > "Rich Conley" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> > > caught about a 26" rainbow on a chug bug earlier this year. Surprosed
> the
> > hell
> > > out of me.

> fishing
> for
> and
> > let

Steve
November 18th, 2003, 04:04 AM
Caught a yellow perch on a senko this year. Never done that before on any
plastic worm

Jknomail
November 19th, 2003, 07:44 PM
>I thought a fluke was another type of bait ;-)

It's a bait - AND a fish - looks kinda like a flounder.
Now if you caught a Fluke on a Fluke - That would be a fluke.

Bass Wishes from South Florida
Jack

Reply by email to k a z e e jk at ay-oh-well dot com.
Just remove the spaces, fix the last part, and so on.