PDA

View Full Version : Who wants may back seat tomorrow?

RichZ
August 13th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Due to some scheduling rearrangements, I have the day open to fish
tomorrow, and no-one at the other end of the boat. How about it, Phil?
Harry? Randy? Anyone up for a ride to CT?

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

alwaysfishking
August 13th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Dam Rich, this is the second or third time you offered and I can't.... I
just got done fishing with Chris C for the past day and a half, the trade
off was watching kids all day tomorrow. Seemed like a good deal at the time
:-( On a brighter note I caught a 4 pound plus a 3 pound plus and a few
others on a day when the bite was really tough. Chris also caught his first
fish on a buzzbait. He makes a fine addition to the ROFB group. He wanted to
learn more than anyone I ever took fishing. I will get up there Rich and I'm
not bringing any rods, just gonna sit and watch you fish..ok maybe 1 or 2
rods :-)

Randy-

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Due to some scheduling rearrangements, I have the day open to fish
> tomorrow, and no-one at the other end of the boat. How about it, Phil?
> Harry? Randy? Anyone up for a ride to CT?
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Thundercat
August 14th, 2004, 12:37 AM
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:32:25 EDT, RichZ > wrote:

>Due to some scheduling rearrangements, I have the day open to fish
>tomorrow, and no-one at the other end of the boat. How about it, Phil?
>Harry? Randy? Anyone up for a ride to CT?
>
>RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Wish I could, however I will be spending my day on NJ's largest body
of water accompanying the ever-popular Brooklyn Bill; pre-fishing for
one of his tournaments. It should be interesting fishing post-Bonnie /
pre-Charley. We are seeing the last of the Bonnie remnants this
evening and will start to feel Charley late tomorrow afternoon.

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Thundercat
August 14th, 2004, 12:37 AM
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:32:25 EDT, RichZ > wrote:

>Due to some scheduling rearrangements, I have the day open to fish
>tomorrow, and no-one at the other end of the boat. How about it, Phil?
>Harry? Randy? Anyone up for a ride to CT?
>
>RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Wish I could, however I will be spending my day on NJ's largest body
of water accompanying the ever-popular Brooklyn Bill; pre-fishing for
one of his tournaments. It should be interesting fishing post-Bonnie /
pre-Charley. We are seeing the last of the Bonnie remnants this
evening and will start to feel Charley late tomorrow afternoon.

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
August 14th, 2004, 01:00 AM
I wish you lived closer. I sure would like to spend the day with you.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:32:25 EDT, RichZ > sent into the
ether:

>Due to some scheduling rearrangements, I have the day open to fish
>tomorrow, and no-one at the other end of the boat. How about it, Phil?
>Harry? Randy? Anyone up for a ride to CT?
>
>RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
August 14th, 2004, 01:00 AM
I wish you lived closer. I sure would like to spend the day with you.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:32:25 EDT, RichZ > sent into the
ether:

>Due to some scheduling rearrangements, I have the day open to fish
>tomorrow, and no-one at the other end of the boat. How about it, Phil?
>Harry? Randy? Anyone up for a ride to CT?
>
>RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Christopher P. Cericola
August 14th, 2004, 02:34 AM
"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
< He makes a fine addition to the ROFB group. He wanted to learn more than
anyone I ever took fishing. >

I take that as one hellva compliment. Thank you...or maybe you the problem
was you kept taking Dave. :)

Christophe

Christopher P. Cericola
August 14th, 2004, 02:34 AM
"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
< He makes a fine addition to the ROFB group. He wanted to learn more than
anyone I ever took fishing. >

I take that as one hellva compliment. Thank you...or maybe you the problem
was you kept taking Dave. :)

Christophe

Thundercat
August 14th, 2004, 03:56 AM
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:34:05 -0400, "Christopher P. Cericola"
> wrote:

>"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
>< He makes a fine addition to the ROFB group. He wanted to learn more than
>anyone I ever took fishing. >
>
>I take that as one hellva compliment. Thank you...or maybe you the problem
>was you kept taking Dave. :)
>
>Christophe

Zing! And Dave is safe from no one! ROFL!

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Thundercat
August 14th, 2004, 03:56 AM
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:34:05 -0400, "Christopher P. Cericola"
> wrote:

>"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
>< He makes a fine addition to the ROFB group. He wanted to learn more than
>anyone I ever took fishing. >
>
>I take that as one hellva compliment. Thank you...or maybe you the problem
>was you kept taking Dave. :)
>
>Christophe

Zing! And Dave is safe from no one! ROFL!

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Philip Goodwin
August 14th, 2004, 04:26 AM
"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Due to some scheduling rearrangements, I have the day open to fish
> tomorrow, and no-one at the other end of the boat. How about it, Phil?
> Harry? Randy? Anyone up for a ride to CT?
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Thanks once again for the offer Rich. My leg is doing better and I am sure I
could manage but unfortunately I have some unavoidable things to do tomorrow
around here. Good luck wherever you end up and hopefully we can hook up
soon.

Phil

Philip Goodwin
August 14th, 2004, 04:26 AM
"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Due to some scheduling rearrangements, I have the day open to fish
> tomorrow, and no-one at the other end of the boat. How about it, Phil?
> Harry? Randy? Anyone up for a ride to CT?
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Thanks once again for the offer Rich. My leg is doing better and I am sure I
could manage but unfortunately I have some unavoidable things to do tomorrow
around here. Good luck wherever you end up and hopefully we can hook up
soon.

Phil

dvito
August 14th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Is it cold in here?

dvito
August 14th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Is it cold in here?

dvito
August 14th, 2004, 04:34 AM
"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote >

" I take that as one hellva compliment. Thank you...or maybe you the
problem was you kept taking Dave. :)"

> Christophe

2 words Chris, SPELL CHECK !!!

Dave V

dvito
August 14th, 2004, 04:34 AM
"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote >

" I take that as one hellva compliment. Thank you...or maybe you the
problem was you kept taking Dave. :)"

> Christophe

2 words Chris, SPELL CHECK !!!

Dave V

dvito
August 14th, 2004, 04:34 AM
"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote >

" I take that as one hellva compliment. Thank you...or maybe you the
problem was you kept taking Dave. :)"

> Christophe

2 words Chris, SPELL CHECK !!!

Dave V

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
August 14th, 2004, 12:25 PM
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:32:13 -0400, "dvito" > sent into
the ether:

>Is it cold in here?
Aw jees, put some pants on, that skirt will never keep you warm :<}
ROFL

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

RichZ
August 16th, 2004, 12:53 AM
So here's now the day went.

Started off at Tyler in the morning twilight. On Tyler, the west and north
sides of the lake are bordered by a bog, the east and south sides are rocky
and developed. I generally start out on the bog side. This was no
different. Got a short on a spinnerbait, then a keeper on a spinnerbait,
then one close to 4 on a 5.75" Golden Shiner Fin-S Fish, all before full
light. In the half hour or so after the sun peeked over the horizon, I got
a few 13" fish and one about 2 on the Fin-S, all from the bog side of the
lake.

There's some dense cabbage beds that extend out a good distance from the
bog on the northern part of the lake, and with the conditions, I though I
should get some on the Fin-S or a spinnerbait over the top. Not happening.
I did get a couple of 13" fish on a bubba shot rigged Ozmo feeling around
for the outside edge of the cabbage. Then I tossed my light worm rod with a
T-rigged Ozmo and broke off what felt like a good fish. But who knows, it
might've been a pickerel.

Then I went continued around to the rocky side and got another 'near four',
this one on a T-rigged Ozmo on the outside edge of the cabbage. There was
enough light to take a picture, so I put it back in the water to swim
around while I set the camera up. Should have left more than 4 feet of line
off the rod tip, I guess, because the @#$!@ thing dove and snapped the
line. It's OK, the camera batteries were dead anyway. But that was two time
the line broke on that rod already. Brand new 10 pound Hybrid.

Only caught one more fish (a short) off the rocky side of the lake. By now
the wind was getting pretty stiff, so I went back to the bog side to get
out of the wind. Caught 9 more fish there, including another couple in that
heavy-three, not quite four class. All caught working the fin-s real slow
in pretty close to no water, around pads and wood, tight to the bog banks.
When the skiers started buzzing within 20 feet of me even on that side of
the lake, I decided to change lakes. Tyler's like that unless it's a
pouring rainy day. The skiers are residents and weekenders, so they can
come out at a moment's notice when the weather breaks.

Dog Pond is only a couple miles away, so I headed there. It's never been
one of my favorites, but I do have one spot I like there. A nice pad bed
right where a large creek comes in out of a bog. Went right to it, and
caught a fish in the first 5 minutes, on the Fin-S Fish, of course. When I
was done working the pad bed, I was out of 'favorite spots'. So I pulled
the boat out and headed for West Side Pond, about 5 miles away. Put the
boat in the water, electric motored out to the edge of the vegetation,
threw the Fin-S fish, and caught a two pounder on my first cast. Worked
over the top of the weeds with the Fin-S, in the weeds with the T-rigged
creature and outside the weeds with a drop shot rig for the next half hour
or so with nary a bump.

Back to the trailer! Pulled out and went to Mudge. Stopped for lunch on the
way and got there about 1pm. Given my experience at Tyler and Dog, I
expected to kill 'em in the pads. NWith the amount of dragonfly eating
going on as I worked my way out through the pads, I really expected to get
'em. But I never had a hit in the pads! I did however, did catch quite a
few fish (7) out in front of the pads in 8 to 10 feet of water, mostly dead
drifting a sinking Slug-Go. Also got 8 on the drop shot rig. Biggest fish
from Mudge was only about 2-1/4 pounds.

On the way how, I almost pulled in at Hatch Pond and went for 5 different
lakes, but it had been a long day already, and I was just plain tired.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

[...]

August 16th, 2004, 01:21 AM
You sound a lot like me Rich, when I get those days out I'm likely to hit
three or four lakes up here in a day