PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Charley and Doc

Moe Conway
August 14th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Well Doc just called me and he weathered the storm pretty well, that is he and
Sue are still alive. He ask me to post a note, letting everyone know that he
will be off-line for a while as he is without power. He can still be reached on
the phones, home and cell. On the down side, his project boat may be wiped out
and he may have to start all over on it, his small boat is fine and weather the
storm with no damage. My boat, stored at Doc's, is under a tree and he isn't
able to assess the damage until they bring in a chainsaw.The town of Arcaida,
Doc's hometown, took a severe hit and major damage. Doc will be taking some
photos and I will see if we can post them later. Thank God no one was injured
and my boat is insured. Doc doesn't have insurance on his. If he needs some
help, I will let everyone know.

--
The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.

alwaysfishking
August 14th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Glad everyone is OK, sorry to hear about the boat. Good to hear from you
again Moe.

"Moe Conway" > wrote in message
> Well Doc just called me and he weathered the storm pretty well, that is he
and
> Sue are still alive. He ask me to post a note, letting everyone know that
he
> will be off-line for a while as he is without power. He can still be
reached on
> the phones, home and cell. On the down side, his project boat may be wiped
out
> and he may have to start all over on it, his small boat is fine and
weather the
> storm with no damage. My boat, stored at Doc's, is under a tree and he
isn't
> able to assess the damage until they bring in a chainsaw.The town of
Arcaida,
> Doc's hometown, took a severe hit and major damage. Doc will be taking
some
> photos and I will see if we can post them later. Thank God no one was
injured
> and my boat is insured. Doc doesn't have insurance on his. If he needs
some
> help, I will let everyone know.
>
> --
> The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
> trade-in value.
> Good Fishing - Moe
> Moe's Guide Service (Lake Okeechobee) - http://moebassguide.com
> Outdoor Frontiers http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/index

Joe Z
August 14th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Glad everyone is ok. You are right Moe, when Doc is ready to start building
I am sure a lot of us have boat stuff looking for a good home. Joe Z.

"Moe Conway" > wrote in message
[...]

Guy F. Anderson Sr.
August 14th, 2004, 01:35 PM
On 14 Aug 2004 01:48:49 GMT, (Moe Conway) wrote:

>Well Doc just called me and he weathered the storm pretty well...........etc......If he needs some
>help, I will let everyone know.

Moe--thanks for the update, and keep us posted. Doc and Sue have been
much in my thoughts.