PDA

View Full Version : bass popper

Gone Angling
November 12th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Wouldn't mind knowing who uses them and when do you use them. I thought they
would be good at night or early am on still water. I heard you can cover a lot
of water with them. I want to make some during the seasonal lay over. Is there
any advantage over say a jitterbug or skitter pop.

Bob La Londe
November 13th, 2003, 03:02 AM
My best luck has been with a Pop-R style popper. I have caught fish in the
morning and evening. Some peope fish them all year long here, but they are
considered a summer morning lure by most.

"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> Wouldn't mind knowing who uses them and when do you use them. I thought
they
> would be good at night or early am on still water. I heard you can cover a
lot
> of water with them. I want to make some during the seasonal lay over. Is
there
> any advantage over say a jitterbug or skitter pop.

Josh
November 13th, 2003, 05:44 AM
GA,
They're a great anytime smallie bait. Have taken several fives and a few
six's on them. I use them river fishing a lot, especially on the edges of
eddies, on the front sides of rock piles and lay downs in current. Like Bob,
I very much enjoy the PopR. Chug bug is a good one too. Also for those dog
days . . . dropping them down the edge of or lily pads or other emergent
growth is a killer too.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear