PDA

View Full Version : Ictheology question

Norman Lever
August 14th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Can anyone answer this for me?

Does John Dory (Zeus Faber) have scales or is it scaleless?

Thanks

waratah
August 15th, 2004, 01:52 PM
"Norman Lever" > wrote in message
> Can anyone answer this for me?
>
> Does John Dory (Zeus Faber) have scales or is it scaleless?
>
> Thanks

Sorry I don't know. But what does "Ictheology" mean?

--
* w a r a t a h *

"time wounds all heels"

waratah
August 15th, 2004, 01:52 PM
"Norman Lever" > wrote in message
> Can anyone answer this for me?
>
> Does John Dory (Zeus Faber) have scales or is it scaleless?
>
> Thanks

Sorry I don't know. But what does "Ictheology" mean?

--
* w a r a t a h *

"time wounds all heels"

AHCHouseboats
August 16th, 2004, 12:50 PM
The technical description published in Grant Guide to Fishes published in
1975 states "Cheeks and body with non-imbricate scales"... The glossary of
tachnical terms in the same book "Imbricate--Overlapping like roof tiles".
From this I believe that Zeus faberLinnaeus does indeed have scales that
do not overlap. But I do stand to be corrected.

--
Ahoy High Country Houseboats
Heaven in the High Country

"Norman Lever" > wrote in message
> Can anyone answer this for me?
>
> Does John Dory (Zeus Faber) have scales or is it scaleless?
>
> Thanks

Norman Lever
August 17th, 2004, 04:31 AM
If I spelled it right it's the scientific study of fish.