FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OT Boone, North Carolina (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=3776)

Ken Fortenberry February 23rd, 2004 10:02 PM

OT Boone, North Carolina

Boone was on the front page of today's Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/23/national/23METH.html

Apparently Watauga County is home to a good number of mom and pop
meth labs. Hope they don't run the moonshiners out of business. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

asadi February 24th, 2004 02:57 AM

OT Boone, North Carolina

Well Ken, you know I've loitered there a good bit for a Yankee and I'll be
damned if I could ever find 'em.

john..

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
m...
Boone was on the front page of today's Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/23/national/23METH.html

Apparently Watauga County is home to a good number of mom and pop
meth labs. Hope they don't run the moonshiners out of business. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Ken Fortenberry February 24th, 2004 03:19 AM

OT Boone, North Carolina

asadi wrote:

Well Ken, you know I've loitered there a good bit for a Yankee and I'll be
damned if I could ever find 'em.

Meth or moonshine ? I gotta admit, I didn't find any of either
myself, but then I wasn't lookin' real hard. I think mom and pop
meth labs are a perfectly reasonable response to unemployment in
a gone-to-hell capitalist oligarchy where the rich keep gettin'
richer and the poor keep gettin' screwed.

--
Ken Fortenberry