FishingBanter

-   Saltwater Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Question to the group (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=10287)

Justin Alexander August 21st, 2004 12:42 PM

Question to the group

To all,

My question is which crab pot is better, wired metal or nylon rope over
a metal frame ?.

I have two wired metal round crab pots and have caught plenty of mud
crabs in them, but I have been told the nylon rope over a metal frame
are better because crabs don't like the touch of metal.

I would like to hear from other people about what crabs pots they use
and their results.

Justin

Sarge August 21st, 2004 10:28 PM

Question to the group

Justin Alexander wrote: "My question is which crab pot is better, wired
metal or nylon rope over a metal frame ?"

All the commercial crab fisherman in Louisiana use metal wire traps.
Recreational usually use a round double ring net that when lifted forms a
sidewall. The nets are usually dipped to increase life.

Sarge

ALEX ARMADA September 2nd, 2004 01:10 PM

Question to the group

crabs don´t like metla smell and touch, you better use wooden crabpots

"Justin Alexander" escribió en el mensaje
[...]

ALEX ARMADA September 3rd, 2004 01:47 PM

Question to the group

old but working.

recent studies in galician coastal areas have showed that wooden crab traps
have 38.5% more suscess than metal ones.
those are the numbers.

don´t know about chicken neck all my life have seen people working with
wooden traps

xoubo

"ishy7" escribió en el mensaje
awww heck! just do it the ol fashioned way; a piece of string n a
chicken neck.