FishingBanter

-   Fishing Photos (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Herd Lake (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=25117)

rw November 4th, 2006 02:29 PM

Herd Lake

bugcaster wrote:
I have to show you Dodger after a hard day of hunting sturgeon on the
Columbia River. No fish found, and Dodger does not like his new K-9 FD
(CFD).

I'll bet he doesn't. I once put dog mittens on Arlo to keep the snow
from bunching up in his feet. It was hilarious. He started high stepping
all over the place and wouldn't rest until he got them off.

Good luck on the hunt.

We scouted it yesterday and saw seven head -- a spike and several cows.
(We have cow tags.) There were probably more in the timber. It looks
like a pretty good setup.

rw November 7th, 2006 02:24 AM

Herd Lake

rw wrote:

We scouted it yesterday and saw seven head -- a spike and several cows.
(We have cow tags.) There were probably more in the timber. It looks
like a pretty good setup.

We hunted that timbered draw today. The wolves had chased the elk out.
There were wolf tracks all over the snow and I actually saw a wolf
hightailing it away from the draw. Oh well. We went to the top and into
the next drainage and spotted elk far away -- I've attached a photo from
the top. After a long, long hike Ben had a 200-yard shot and missed.