FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Minneapolis this Weekend (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=25709)

Ken Fortenberry March 27th, 2007 08:21 PM

Minneapolis this Weekend

Anybody planning to go to this ?

http://www.grea****ers2007.com/

Bad weather kept me away from the Chicago version so I'm
thinkin' to fish a little in southern Minnesota (winter
trout season ends March 31) on my way up and a little in
southern Wisconsin (early inland C & R) on the way back.

From what I heard the Chicago version was pretty lame but
lame Expo or not I want to meet Bill Sherer and sit in on
his fly tying class before my muskie trip in May. Supposedly
his muskie patterns work as well as anything.

--
Ken Fortenberry

George Cleveland March 27th, 2007 10:41 PM

Minneapolis this Weekend

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:21:50 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Anybody planning to go to this ?

http://www.grea****ers2007.com/

Bad weather kept me away from the Chicago version so I'm
thinkin' to fish a little in southern Minnesota (winter
trout season ends March 31) on my way up and a little in
southern Wisconsin (early inland C & R) on the way back.

From what I heard the Chicago version was pretty lame but
lame Expo or not I want to meet Bill Sherer and sit in on
his fly tying class before my muskie trip in May. Supposedly
his muskie patterns work as well as anything.

Jacci and I will be there Saturday. Maybe both the boys too. We know a
fair number of the exhibitors and staff people. We usually go across
to TGIF afterwards and shmooze.

g.c.

Look for me. I'll be wearing the St.Croix hat... ;^)

Ken Fortenberry March 27th, 2007 10:54 PM

Minneapolis this Weekend

George Cleveland wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Anybody planning to go to this ?

http://www.grea****ers2007.com/

Jacci and I will be there Saturday. Maybe both the boys too. We know a
fair number of the exhibitors and staff people. We usually go across
to TGIF afterwards and shmooze.

g.c.

Look for me. I'll be wearing the St.Croix hat... ;^)

Will do. I'm gonna attend Bill Sherer's fly tying class from
1-4 on Saturday, I'll look for you in the exhibit hall after
that. I'll be wearing one of the most fashionable and highly
subsidized roff T-shirts from Little Wayno's Outfitters and
T-Shirt Emporium (he never closes).

--
Ken Fortenberry

George Cleveland March 28th, 2007 01:32 PM

Minneapolis this Weekend

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:54:06 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

George Cleveland wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Anybody planning to go to this ?

http://www.grea****ers2007.com/

Jacci and I will be there Saturday. Maybe both the boys too. We know a
fair number of the exhibitors and staff people. We usually go across
to TGIF afterwards and shmooze.

g.c.

Look for me. I'll be wearing the St.Croix hat... ;^)

Will do. I'm gonna attend Bill Sherer's fly tying class from
1-4 on Saturday, I'll look for you in the exhibit hall after
that. I'll be wearing one of the most fashionable and highly
subsidized roff T-shirts from Little Wayno's Outfitters and
T-Shirt Emporium (he never closes).

Fair enough. If I remember I'll wear my red Wis. Flyfishing Message
Board cap. its one of a kind (only one we got in red).

Geo.