FishingBanter

-   UK Sea Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Wreck/reef gps settings Teesport to Whitby (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17290)

alan jackson May 20th, 2005 09:34 PM

Wreck/reef gps settings Teesport to Whitby

All,

I used to fish my own 21ft boat, and I've got quite a few old gps lat/long
settings from a kingfisher chart I used to fish from about 6 years ago in
the Teesport to Whitby area if any-one would like some.

There are lots of wrecks marked on these charts, though in my experience
most are collapsed. I used to fish one called "Nadine" though this has
since collapsed - DOH!.

There is a nice reef that runs from Whitby to Boulby known as "Gem Reef" in
about 170ft of water. We took ling to 18lb and cod to 10lb from there
regularly and it is the mainstay of the smaller day angling commercial fleet
fishing from Whitby. If any-one wants to know the co-ordinates email me.
I have not included them as the reef is 12 miles
long.

I have just bought a 17ft walkaround Dell Quay Sports Dory with a 75hp
Mercury outboard and will be fishing these areas from June and will let you
know how I get on. If you want to see pics of this fantastic boat, or live
near Guisborough and want to fish with me, email the above.

Alan

j99oel October 1st, 2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan jackson (Post 113216)
[...]

Hi Alan, do you have an email address I could correspond with you?

Regards
Joel